“lovely rooms”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bromley
London, United Kingdom
“lovely rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

had a wedding here so stayed for 2 nights room was clean & beds comfy only down side was when you got out of lift on floor you needed for your room was a mission walk to room and loads of stairs up then down then up again bit of a problem when trying to get pram up the stairs also asked reception on numerous occasions for cot sheets & blankets for cot never did get them had to use own pram sheet & blanket which was not big enough but other than that staff pleasant

Room Tip: take some cot bedding if you need a cot
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Turkish first
Harpenden, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Having stayed in several Best Western Hotels abroad, I thought we were on a winner with this one - conveniently near my daughter and family.
Reception appeared to be very good, friendly and informative (though on checkout, it transpired we had not been checked in properly!).
Although I have a Best Western Gold Rewards card, we were not offered an upgrade. The room was good (if a bit on the small size). Excellent bathroom & Mira shower. Good TV, WiFi and wired internet. Not really enough Tea & Coffee making supplies, though I guess we could have asked for more.
Now for the REALLY BAD NEWS - this is an old building (though nicely refurbished to a good standard), it appears that walls, floors and ceilings are paper thin, so you can hear every noise, every door shutting, every screaming child, every loo flush and every bath/shower in the vicinity of your room and there was a wedding reception that day, so lots of people late to bed!!
An otherwise good breakfast was let down by the baked beans having been burnt and the buffet queue caused by the recovering wedding reception guests arriving late for breakfast.
2nd REALLY BAD NEWS - the scarcely double-sized bed was so soft, you ended up rolling together - and on one of the hottest nights of the year - NOT GOOD!

Room Tip: If you must stay here when there is a function on, ensure you are well away from the public areas.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PeterM42

Travelers are raving about these Bromley hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

On arrival we were allocated a room right next to the liftshaft which I knew would be noisy so asked for an alternative which was no problem. All the rooms are quite small but clean with everything you need with the added bonus of very efficient air con which was most welcome during the recent heatwave. We ate alfresco each evening from the bar menu and enjoyed all that was served to us by polite and cheerful staff. would be happy to return

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Evelyn485
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Unfortunately I have to say that my stay was horrific, however, I suspect that any if I had been in a different part of hotel or a different guest, I would have enjoyed my stay. Essentially my room was located next to a function room, which had a function on on the night and not only did I hear loud music but also the staff doing their very best karaoke impressions to the music in the corridor! I really wanted to go to sleep, as I had had a long day(having been up since 6) and at 11 the party was still going strong! I phoned reception and asked to either be moved or turn off the music to which I was told 'oh, well youre next to the function room and it finishes in 20 mins' click.... I dont think thats an acceptable response, as a guest in the hotel, I didnt choose my room or ask to be next to a function room which had music, thats not my choice. Naturally music didnt stop at 11:20 as told, it went on easily to midnight! Sadly my walls were quite thin and I was woken up through the night with by the next room who was coughing all night long.... Dont get me wrong, the bed was comfy, but that was the only good thing about my stay at the hotel! However, if Im only spending minimal time in it and then twisting and turning all night long as I cant sleep given the hotel environment, thats not ideal. When I checked out, I wanst asked how my stay was, which is incredibly poor service! It showed me that the hotel didnt care how my stay was. I feel like they had more than 1 opportunity to change my experience and failed. Based purely on my experience, I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone, which is unfortunate given all the good reviews but as the hotel had chances to rectify my problems and didnt, find this unacceptable an exceptionally poor customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Emme C
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night when 3 weddings were on. We were put away from the partygoers and slept well. Cosy. Helpful staff. Difficulties finding a parking space but managed in the end. A busy place. Breakfast good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NIRunaway
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Over the last four years I have had to spend several nights up in town on business and have used the Bromley Court Hotel, not only for its location but to collect my Best Western rewards points.

The management and staff as well as the atmosphere in the hotel are extremely helpful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them.

I have always booked one of the Executive rooms and they are more than comfortable as well as being well equipped with WiFi connectivity and tea/coffee making facilities.

I stopped there over the recent weekend and as usual was greeted with a smile as well as being called by my Christian name.

I really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The best room in the house is The Suite, if it is available, if not try room 343.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Northampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a two night stay for a wedding. The rooms, whilst being well equipped and having aircon were a little on the small size.
The ensuite was small, but that doesn't need to be big, and the bath was actually a good size considering the size of the room.
The overall feel and look of the hotel was very nice and modern and the staff were helpful. But it did seem that a lot of the general staff where not native English speakers and were at times hard to understand.
We did not eat there except for breakfast and this was also very good.
But considering the price and quality of the rooms, the beds were truly awful. The mattresses were so soft that it was impossible for two people to sleep in them comfortably.
I would warn anyone staying that you should get a twin room if possible. Avoid a double unless you and your partner enjoy sleeping in a hollow in the middle of the bed.

Room Tip: Get a twin NEVER get a double.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley
Bickley Manor Hotel & Restaurant
#1 of 2 in Chislehurst
Glendevon Hotel
Glendevon Hotel
#5 of 7 in Bromley

Been to The Bromley Court Hotel? Share your experiences!