“Run like an English Manor”

The Bromley Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bromley
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Run like an English Manor”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I spent 5 nights in this hotel. Staff were extremely helpful. Staff bustled about all day cleaning and caring for the hotel-I noticed that even the chandelier next to the large staircase was dusted. The garden was lovely, though I was there early in the season. The food was very good, but the huge English breakfast buffet was not as good as other offerings. The restaurant seemed to be patronized by older locals. The attention by staff in the dining room was exceptional. The hotel is vintage-with odd short stairs here and there, making dragging heavy suitcases around tiring, but staff were helpful with my bags. I stayed in two rooms, and both were in good shape and clean. I found the hotel quiet. I did not use the pool or spa. I can recommend this hotel enthusiastically.

Room Tip: Book near the elevator or overlooking the garden. You don't appear to be able to have both. But...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Turkish first
Bromley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Room was very clean. Nothing was to much trouble for staff. I was in and out at very funny hours and nothing was ever a problem.

Food is also above average for a hotel.

Cheese and pickle sandwich at 2.30am is divine.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Gavin P
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights, having booked a family room. What we got was a double room with a camp bed. This was ok - except the camp bed was up against the radiator. This meant we had to put cushions all down the side to avoid our son getting burnt. It also resulted in a cold room.

The hotel is like a maze, with narrow corridors and a plethora of steps. Certainly not for those with mobility problems.

The room itself was basic, but the bathroom was not good enough. There was no counter to place toiletries on and the tissue dispenser, attached to the wall, was filthy.

The staff are abrupt and not at all welcoming or friendly.

Beware functions in the place - sleep was not possible until 3am!

1 Thank DennisJW
Kent
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were going to a wedding locally and decided to overnight at this hotel. We tend to use Best Western hotels when we travel as we are generally pleased with them. It was a real benefit that they allowed us to check in very late (half past midnight) and it helped us enormously. The chap on Reception wasn't that welcoming but, with a lobby full of people, some intoxicated, I don't blame him for that. Trying to find our room was difficult, the place was like a maze! The room was on the small side and it was clean but we found out the next morning that the hair dryer didn't work. Sleep was ok but when we went to breakfast next morning, we were disappointed. We were shown to a table and then just left. Nobody explained where any of the foods were and nobody offered us hot drinks. We eventually stopped a waiter and asked him if he would get us drinks but I don't think we should have had to; the hot drinks were waiter only so it wasn't as if we were being lazy! I went for cereal, there was a good selection, but the first box I chose was 2 months out of date! The buffet style English breakfast was very good, I couldn't fault it but my wife went for the Continental option only to find that the pastries had all gone and they weren't replenished. Perhaps it isn't fair to judge a hotel on such a short stay but I found the breakfast experience to be below par and would think twice before returning.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My stay here was very comfortable but I was in a double room on my own. Had I been travelling with my wife, the room would have been tiny . The hotel layout is confusing - one of those places that is full of many differing levels, staircases and fire doors. The reception area is large and well staffed. The welcome is a little diffident. There was a female staff member that seemed quite new who was getting the check-in done when an over-officious male supervisor who was trying to do two things at once, took over and basically repeated everything the lady had done for some reason. Having said that, the staff in all parts of the hotel were very good (especially the late night barman and the ladies in the breakfast room).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Lovely hotel but the staff could have been more helpful. I asked for a childs meal, possibly fish fingers or pizza and the best they could offer was chips. Then after the chips I asked for childs ice cream, and they charged me £5.25 for 4 scoops of chocolate ice cream and no sauce or flake, when I asked for a late check out they reluctantly said we could have until 12.30. Not a lot of good when we were going to a function and would be leaving the hotel at 9.45 and returning at 12.30. The room however was excellent. The steam room was only a room...........not working at all.

Room Tip: No pool only a jacuzzi
Montferrand du Perigord, France
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for convenience, two weekends in a row. The first weekend we really only slept there, but the staff were helpful. The standard room was adequate but very small. The second stay we upgraded to the deluxe room and found that it was indeed worth it, not the least because we then had garden views, and it is a pleasant garden. We had reserved dinner for 5 on the second Friday evening, but we arrived quite late; our guests made comfortable in the hotel bar; we didn't sit down for dinner until 9.30, and because the restaurant had been reserved for a wedding, we had dinner in a separate room. Despite this, we were made to feel very welcome, the food was good, as was the service. This is a hotel aimed at the corporate/wedding clientele but is run very smoothly and professionally.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are certainly more favourably positioned for both size and quietness.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley
Travelodge London Bromley
#3 of 6 in Bromley
Premier Inn London Eltham Hotel
Innkeeper's Lodge Beckenham
Travelodge London Crystal Palace

Been to The Bromley Court Hotel? Share your experiences!