“Try the 'Chequers' up the road!”

The Crooked Billet Harvester
Ranked #201 of 266 Restaurants in Bromley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Crooked Billet Harvester in Bromley food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After being seated (half hour wait) we were sat directly under a low positioned ceiling air con unit, I asked if they could turn it down a bit as my children felt it too cold...told no very directly, I asked if we could be sat at another table, yes they replied, if I wanted to wait another half hour! Manageress was very rude about it (with the face to go with it)! So, I pushed our table aside to avoid some of the cold air.

Secondly, when food was being served, the waitress placed my plate down (from my right side) then stretched and leaned over to my left side to place my husband's plate (I had to lean back into my seat), without a word of explanation or apology. There was plenty of space for her to walk round to serve the plate!

Lastly, it is not the first time (and I am definitely not alone with this) is the salad bowls, plates and cutlery! As myself and my daughter went to pick our salad, the bowls that were left, were still dirty...another couple went to inspect and said exactly the same! Cutlery is at times still dirty, or feel sticky/tacky. My daughter works in food & hospitality and they have to inspect all crockery & cutlery (once washed) before it is taken out for use by the customers.

With such ill mannered staff (which I couldn't even rate) the overall experience & value was effected. It may appear a harsh review but if they do not improve, they may well suffer in future! We will not be returning in the near future, and we are local too. We are prepared to go further for good service.

1  Thank bluesloth
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Crooked Billet Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

We were sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your recent visit to our restaurant, and we really appreciate you letting us know.

There are newer reviews for The Crooked Billet Harvester

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Being a person who's normally easy to please when I dine out, this Restaurant is not one I would like to rate at all --When are the staff at this restaurant going to remember the customers come first , yes I agree there are budgets to be met and Bonuses paid for the amount of savings made by managers at the cost of the service provided. Not fixing of equipment when its very clear it needs a service (leaks etc) shows lack of care - But without us customers coming through the doors it will be a Ex - Harvester .
The meals which we regularly used to enjoy in this restaurant are now at times not worthy even rating - served up on cold plates and never cooked as requested even though the hard working waitresses do their best it seems the kitchen can not read simple words like steak medium rare. The best part of our visit was the bar area. (I wont name names as it should be same standard right across the place) the staff there actually seem to enjoy working and meeting the public. Walk away to a table and you get the feeling of we don't care from the Staff. you lost many customers in my social group and locally due to this general feeling of customers are just customers not the main income of your profits. We now use a competitors restaurant who give us a feeling of being welcome through the doors.

We are sorry that had disappointing service at our Harvester Restaurant and we do appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
Thank you.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

OMG the manager at this restaurant is soooo rude! She works on the front desk and has no people skills whatsoever, goodness knows what she is doing in this job. She just does not know how to speak to people at all and clearly has no understanding what customer service is about. She appears to have some sort of rage thing going on. Concentrate on the stale empty salad bar love instead of giving the poor customers a tongue lashing. Thankfully our waitress was lovely and saved the evening.

1  Thank Unhappycust0mer100
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Crooked Billet Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to our restaurant.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This can be a very busy restaurant and it pays the cost for it. On busy days there can be a large wait for tables and between courses and sometime the food also suffers. On a good day it is the opposite and you can often get a good meal. Most of the waitresses are good but you do get the odd poor which doesn't help.

Good parking and a wide range of drinks.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Crooked Billet Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent visit to our Restaurant.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

When it's done right, it's the kind of pub grub you want to eat. But I honestly only go here out of convenience, because I'm hungry and need to eat. There has never been a meal that has been spot on. Either cold or served on a cold plate, or part of your order missing. I've given up on complaining because its my own fault for going back every time. Most of the staff are miserable and the toilets are always filthy and smelly.

1  Thank Katie5366
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Crooked Billet Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Trip Advisor. We were very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your recent visit to a Harvester Restaurant and we will reply to you personally about this.