“Prefer Wagamama's”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Ate here last over 4 years ago and went back on a whim. Now I remember why I hadn't been back in 4 years.

The upstairs was cold, therefore we had to keep our coats on throughout the meal.

The Yaki Udon felt a bit mushy and lacking the flavour of the one in Wagamama's. It disappoints me having to compare to a chain as I like independent restaurants but the food here really wasn't as good.

The beef in spicy broth really didn't taste right. It tasted cheap.

A real shame as I love Japanese food and really felt let down with this experience. The only positive thing to be said was that service was friendly.

1  Thank AlexHalls

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I visit here all the time with either work, friends or family and have never been disappointed. The food is fresh, very tasty and comes in huge portions at good prices. The staff are nice and the guy in charge always remembers us which is a nice touch.I Love the ginger chicken udon noodles and smoked chicken.

1  Thank Als0480
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice quick service and decent Chinese food. Interior a bit cold and stark. Good when you need a fast hunger fix.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Bland over salted over sugared food very ordinary food you'd get from any lack lustre take-away.
The fact they've tried to dress it up as a wagamamas type pan Asian restaurant is deceptive.
Nothing special.

1  Thank JT2469187069
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The service today was very quick & the food was so much better than on my last visit. I had spicy noodles with a variety of meats & my husband had steak noodles. We also had baked chilli ribs & fried squid starters to share. It really was quite delicious. Worth a visit for great priced food.