“Busy but good fun”

Ranked #32 of 278 Restaurants in Bromley
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Crown. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Bromley’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I remember when The Crown was an institution for students at nearby sixth forms & Bromley college, so when it changed to a Toby Carvery, my friends & I were slightly disappointed. Nevertheless it is a good carvery and the layout means there is plenty of space - we waited only 20 minutes for a table of 12 which is pretty good on a Sunday!!

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Get some air con!!!!!!! For a chain Resturant they are not short on money. Feel so sorry for staff who have to run around in it. One chief looks like he has sun burn every time we have been there.it could be fantastic if they removed carpets and fixed up toilets. The manager should be making sure that someone keeps it clean. Cheap food don't mean dirty and smelly surroundings

Reviewed September 13, 2012

now im not sure if i was just unlucky or behind someone selfish who decided to order everytype of meat either way i ended up with a nut rost instead.

1  Thank dartonion
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Crown Bromley, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2017

Dartonion, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one.
As this was several years ago I can't comment on what happened back then as I wasn't here, however, if you have been to us since I would really appreciate if you could leave a more up to date review so I can gauge how we are doing and what, if anything, needs addressing now.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Does what it says on the tin (well poster). Fill ya boots and leave as happy as a sandboy...in the sand I presume.
For a quick tip on making the most of your experience, when asked by the disher-out of the meat "what would you like, pork, beef, turkey?" State 'turkey' in the singular which will denote that you are going for the double helping of the festive favourite. When he stops filling your plate with the double helping of white meat promtly add ".....and beef". Viola! You get a double turkey and a single beef. Try the triple blag for maximum effect.
Also avoid slippage off the plate by putting your giant yorkshire pudding on your head.

Needed a convienience break half way through my last visit thanks to the triple/yorky on head/potato products in pocket combo. Take own doilies though as not well stocked...and that story's for another day.

2  Thank TonyOche

I'm currently trying to read and respond to all historical reviews for my restaurant to get an idea of how it's done in the past and how we can improve in the future. Your review made for some......interesting reading.
Very sneaky my friend, very sneaky :P
When I see these people carrying Yorkies on their heads I will now know what they are doing so thank you.
In all seriousness, thank you for the review. If you have been back since would you mind popping a more recent review on here too so I can see how we fare against 5 years ago and if we need to make any changes.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Ok it was busy, but there was food on the floor, on the counter and everything felt greasy. We went on a sunday afternoon and it was heaving and soooo soooo hot with a funky smell. We ate and left within 15 mins as we thought we were going to faint. Surely a restaurant of this size and popularity could have invested in some decent air con. It is what it is, a budget , but there's no need to skimp on cleanliness. And the toilets were minging.

Thank you for your feedback back in 2012 and I'm sorry for your poor experience. While I can't comment on what happened back then I would like to know how we are doing now. If you have been in recently I would love it if you could leave another review letting us know if anything has changed or what areas we need to improve in.
All comments are valuable and while I can't do anything about your poor visit 5 years ago I can action any new/recurring issues today.
Please come along and let me know how we're doing.