“Love this place”

The Hoops Inn Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Hoops Inn is a classic British pub and dining room with a contemporary twist. It is a beautiful dining space with a roaring fire and stunningoutdoor areas and is a great placeto enjoy fine ales and the exceptional wine list.The food is seasonal and locally sourced, wherever possible, withherbs fresh from the garden. There are daily specials alongsideclassic gastro pub fare - all superbly executed within a warmand relaxing atmosphere.Set within the beautifulsurroundings of the Henry MooreFoundation Estate in the village of Perry Green, near Much Hadham, The Hoops Inn is now under new management as of November 2012. The Hoops Inn has an interesting history and is believed to havebeen built about 1834, a date found on several interior beams. Throughout the 19th Century, it was described simply as a "beerhouse" and more recently was well known as the local of thegreat sculptor himself.The Hoops Inn is also available to hire for events and parties.All visitors to The Henry Moore Foundation benefit from a rangeof special offers when dining at The Hoops. Collect a voucherwhen buying tickets at the Visitor Centre during the open season.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My partner and I visited on a Sunday they were very busy all the staff were working hard and very polite all these people moaning about how long things took if they want a fast food restaurant maybe try mcdonalds!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I ate at the Hoops Inn this lunchtime with a family party including two children. I am not usually moved to write reviews in general and when I do leave feedback in whatever form, its usually because I have had a really good experience and I feel it is important to communicate that. However my experience today at the Hoops Inn was so appalling I feel angry enough to comment.

The food in general was mediocre for all concerned (we were a party of eight, and we all had starters and mains, including seafood, chicken, beef, and fish, all of which was no better than average). The service was painfully slow. However the real low point was when my youngest child was given what was described on the menu as "pasta with tomato sauce and cheese". Ignoring the fact that the cheese was nowhere to be seen, when I was passed the bowl the smell emanating from it was ketchup, pure and simple. I tasted the pasta and there was no doubting that it was in fact spaghetti in hot ketchup. I asked one of the waitresses to check the ingredients. When she returned from asking the "chef" she said that it was "tomato juice with a dash of ketchup to thicken it". Well if a "dash" constitutes "a bottle full" then this may have been an accurate description. Even if this were true, which it patently was not, I have never in my life heard of a tomato sauce made of tomato juice and ketchup. My toddler ate a forkful or two, his brother tasted it and pronounced it disgusting (and this is a child who would live on pasta and tomato sauce given half a chance). When I complained they took the cost of the pasta off the bill. I didn't care about the cost of it but I would've liked to have an explanation as to how they thought it acceptable to serve such revolting gloop to a child. Would they have served it to an adult? I would guess not. Frankly if they'd opened a tin of spaghetti hoops and presented that to him I'd have been less appalled.

1  Thank Cherokee2008
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Restaurants connected to visitor attractions tend to have it their own way a lot - overpricing or low quality and this place is I exception- except on top of that it takes the mickey when it comes to portion sizes.

I counted 7 gnocchi in my main dish and the child's spaghetti dish was 1/2 a small tea cup for over £6.

On top of this the service was chaotic and disorganised- whilst I was ordering the woman stopped 3 times to deal with complaints, cancellations and table mix ups- it took me 10 mins just to make sure that my order was taken.

Never again

1  Thank Shanediversions
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Amazing food under the new management team. Great staff and service and really interesting menu. Lovely interior and wonderful garden for the summer months - we will be back!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went to the Hoops today for a family Sunday lunch.It was very busy and the service was very poor.The place was understaffed.We waited 15 minutes for a menu,starters were cold and the squid tough and rubbery.The main course arrived after 1 hour 15 minutes and was no better than average.Best dish was an ice cream.Won't be going again.