“Good local eatery”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I visited the Peppermill a few years back and was underwhelmed by it. I have recently had reason to visit Chorleywood more frequently and have dinned in the Peppermill on several occasions in the last 3 months. I found the staff to be very friendly and obliging, with just the right amount of service to feel looked after. I have only ever dinned during the day but found the daytime food to be of good quality. The ingredients were fresh and well combined culminating in a very tasty dishes. The white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake, which I ordered on my first visit was out of this world and on subsequent visits I have not deviated from this dessert choice - definitely fresh and homemade.

The Peppermill is expensive (£26 for 2 of us to have a light lunch, soft drinks and a serving of cheesecake) but the friendliness of the waiting staff, the personal touch of the chef coming to our table to check everything was to our satisfaction and the very tasty food helps to alleviate the bitter taste of a pricey lunch on a high street parade.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

just got in from a very disappointing evening
Great decor. staff friendly but something was missing...

It was average food, portions small & very expensive for what it was,
plus with a £4.10 service charge on top!! OUCH

sticking with the black horse pub.. they do real home cooked pub food.. massive portions and worth every penny!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Me and my Husband went to this restaurant to celebrate our 1st year Wedding Anniversary and i must say the staff was so friendly and polite and the serivce was good too. Service with a smile. The staff found out it was our anniversary they gave us a free class of wine.. which was very nice. The food was really good especially the pasta and the chocolate brownie. I would really recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Ate there a couple of weeks ago with the familiy and had a great meal. We had a selection from the tapas menu. The croquettes were particularly good and I would definitely recommend. My son had a pizza which went down really well too.
It does what it says on the tin, a great local restaurant which caters to all, the adults ate well and if the kids are happy that really helps! So nice to eat somewhere which isn't part of a chain and Andre (headchef/owner) was great and made us feel really welcome. Would definitely revisit.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Staff were nice but food was of a low standard and not at all authentic. Ordered patatas bravas which was nothing more than reheated potatoes topped with chilli JAM. When I complained their "chef" came out to tell me that in many regions of Spain the bravas sauce is chilli jam. Really? Pizza was stodgy and not well made. Overall not to the good standard of other restaurants in Chorleywood/Rickmansworth.

1  Thank Sarj1976