“Great food.”

The King's Head
Ranked #12 of 13 Restaurants in Wickham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
England
“Great food.”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked the Christmas menu for 6 on a Saturday evening. The restaurant area is very small and the bar area was crowded as it was a few days before Christmas. We had a 3 course meal and the food was superb. I would definitely return here.

• Visited December 2013

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Poor food.”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Atmosphere and skittles lane are great but food was dreadful. Tasteless pork cheeks with bittter cider sauce and an overcooked tough ribeye steak with wilted salad.

• Visited December 2013
“Welcoming and Comfortable with Good Beer and great Food”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this Pub about 10 times now and it is nothing short of superb. The staff are freindly with a great service ethos, The beers are always good (what a shame I have to drive to get there). The food is always of the very highest standard for a pub and one or two of the options are indeed fine dining.
The whole package topped off with log fires....!
Lovely

Visited December 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“DISCUSTING”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

went to celerbrate my sons engagement on 30th November arrived at five thirty by nine thirty we were refused to buy drinks when I asked why to the barman he replied I don't know ive just been told by the manager who we had not seen at all so I asked to speak to the manager to ask why he told us its because we had been in there for four hours I thought this must be some kind of joke so I asked him if anyone had complained he replied no I then asked were we swearing he said no so I then said does any of us look drunk reply was still no I just couldn't believe it then he said if we don't leave he will call the police so we left and waited outside for half an hour to wait for our taxi which was pre booked well what can I say if you are intending to go out for more than four hours don't go there

• Visited November 2013
6 Thank 443paul
“Nice pub, really excellent food”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Came here for lunch, had some excellent braised beef - bit pricier than your average pub lunch (about £15 for my main course) but well worth it!

• Visited November 2013