“Greens does it again!”

Greens Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Wickham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Greens restaurant & bar is situated on the corner of the historic Wickham square.It is very easy to find and to park. The outside of the property looks traditional and well cared for with hanging baskets and well written blackboards, the inside is light & airy with a contemporary feel. Restful colours and wooden blinds add to the ambience.Crisp linen napkins, fresh flowers, friendly professional service and superb fresh food.Everything on the seasonal menus is homemade, using locally sourced produce when ever possible. The secret graden overlooking Wickham water meadows and the river Meon is a superb location in summer for a relaxing lunch, refreshing Pimms or cream.Owners Frank & Carol Duckworth have been running this establishment since 1985 and they are as passionate today as they were when they began trading. Their tag line of 'nothing is too much trouble' is as relevant today as it was in 1985.Fresh fish including king scallops,mussels and sea bass, Hampshire 21 day aged steaks,New season lamb, Gressingham duck,corn fed chicken and vegetarian options all feature on the dinner menu. During the week they offer set lunch -2 courses 13.95 3 courses 16.95 with a superb range of local dishes, including slow roast Hampshire belly pork ,Tempura of locally caught plaice goujons,honey roasted ham with frazzled free range duck egg & hand cut chips.Homemade desserts include Caramel creme brulee,lemon meringue cheesecake with homemade raspberry ripple ice cream and chocolate fondant.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went to Greens Restaurant and Bar for my birthday last week. It was amazing. The staff were great and the food sublime. We were all difficult to please as wanted starters as main and vice versa, but nobody even flinched. The staff could not have been anymore accommodating, they really made my birthday special. The food was fantastic, and timing was excellent. My friends were very impressed so browny points for me!! Thank you Carol and your team x

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We went to Greens on a Friday evening, following recommendations from Trip Advisor. The atmosphere was good - busy but not overcrowded. My starter of gnocchi with butternut squash and toasted hazelnuts was one of the best I have ever tasted - never had gnocchi before, but will be going back to have it again.

1  Thank TEW24
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have been here on about 6 occasions -food always good with great service too. been as a couple and part of a group of 9 - always looked after.

1  Thank bestcover
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We visited Greens again on my, and a friend's birthday. With our partners we enjoyed a superb meal. The fresh fish man comes to Wickham on Thursdays so I pre-ordered my fish, which was cooked to perfection. My husband and the other couple had a delicious lamb dish. The starters were excellent I had Devon crab; the others had either the mussels, scallops or the black pudding Scotch egg. Puddings were glorious and my non saturated fat needs were met perfectly. Wine was first rate. This was a perfect evening with attentive service that made for a smooth running experience.

2  Thank PatriciaMay1505
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Family meal out - just for the hell of it !!! As usual fantastic food, lovely staff and clean and well cared for restaurant. This place is a gem we use regularly and is a must if you are in the area.