“Can't fault it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greens Restaurant & Bar

Greens Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Wickham
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Greens restaurant & bar is situated on the corner of the historic Wickham square.It is very easy to find and to park. The outside of the property looks traditional and well cared for with hanging baskets and well written blackboards, the inside is light & airy with a contemporary feel. Restful colours and wooden blinds add to the ambience.Crisp linen napkins, fresh flowers, friendly professional service and superb fresh food.Everything on the seasonal menus is homemade, using locally sourced produce when ever possible. The secret graden overlooking Wickham water meadows and the river Meon is a superb location in summer for a relaxing lunch, refreshing Pimms or cream.Owners Frank & Carol Duckworth have been running this establishment since 1985 and they are as passionate today as they were when they began trading. Their tag line of 'nothing is too much trouble' is as relevant today as it was in 1985.Fresh fish including king scallops,mussels and sea bass, Hampshire 21 day aged steaks,New season lamb, Gressingham duck,corn fed chicken and vegetarian options all feature on the dinner menu. During the week they offer set lunch -2 courses 13.95 3 courses 16.95 with a superb range of local dishes, including slow roast Hampshire belly pork ,Tempura of locally caught plaice goujons,honey roasted ham with frazzled free range duck egg & hand cut chips.Homemade desserts include Caramel creme brulee,lemon meringue cheesecake with homemade raspberry ripple ice cream and chocolate fondant.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Can't fault it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have visited Greens pretty much every month for over a year now and I just can't fault it. The food is always impeccable and the service is friendly and genuine. All the staff have a 'can do' attitude and they will always bend over backwards to accommodate you and your guests, so your dining experience is specific to your needs. Yummy food, great wine and top service, what more do you want!

York
“Brilliant Food, Welcoming atmosphere and fantastic NYE party!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have just returned from a NYE party at Greens and I feel compelled to write a review as it exceeded all expectations! We were on a table of four and started the evening with a champagne reception at 7pm. As visitors to the area we did not know many people, some of which were locals but we were welcomed in by a lovely host who took our coats and showed us where our table would be for the evening and were then handed a glass of champagne. When we were ready to sit down (this was very much at our own time and we were not rushed thankfully) our waitress was most helpful with any questions over menu choices answered and general service, time between courses etc was spot on. I had scallops to start and venison Wellington for main, which were delicious. There was a disco afterwards which didn't impose itself on you if thats not your sort of thing, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves! The Service, food and atmosphere was 110% despite there being 80+ guests so it being a very busy evening for the staff! I cannot wait to return to greens soon and thoroughly recommend a visit!!!

Fareham, United Kingdom
“This worked...and I'm fussy !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve and we decided to have a Christmas lunch out as off to New York tomorrow , couldn't have been better, staff brilliant and certainly nothing too much trouble, had Champagne and they were there to pour it every time, wine, their recommendations were first class, and the food was clearly freshly cooked and surpasses the so called local fine restaurants....I'm fussy and I'll be back...!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a wedding anniversary lunch at Greens. We have eaten at this restaurant many times in the past and have never been disappointed with quality and good value of our meal and today was no exception. The restaurant was full when we arrived, somewhat later than planned, but we had reserved a table and sat near one of several cheerful log fires. The waiters and waitresses were polite and attentive and despite being almost full, service was very prompt. We started with warm freshly grilled goats' cheese salad with toasted walnuts followed by pan fried filet of bream for my wife and calves liver & bacon in a red wine jus for myself - I have never tasted such perfectly cooked liver. We shared a delicious apple crumble and cream because we couldn't face one each! A three course lunch for £18.50 per head - I know of no better value in the area and would have no hesitation in recommending Greens to any discerning diner.
The lack of prams, pushchairs and young children only added to my enjoyment!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A superb evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

After a few lovely visits to Greens myself, I arranged our work Christmas party there this week. Only a few of our party had been before and everybody left wanting to return in the very near future. The service was fantastic, the atmosphere was buzzing and every single one of us enjoyed the delicious food. My collegues and I all agreed that we couldn't fault anything, which a very rare these days. I would highly reccommend a visit to Greens Restaurant and Bar for a fantastic dining experience.