“my all time favourite”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
bolton, United Kingdom
“my all time favourite”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've been coming here for well over 10 years. The food is always spot on, the menu interesting and varied and everything is always great value. Last time we visited we had a vegan in our group and nothing was too much trouble. Everything is cooked fresh to order and they're always happy to make slight variations to dishes if you dont want nuts or mushrooms say.

My only gripe is location- I wish is was closer to home. Its expensive for a taxi and we like to have a bottle of wine with a meal. If this place were nearer I'd be there every week.

They also do a great lunch menu which is really good value and they do a jazz evening on Tuesdays- always a good line up with pros and a must book event.

• Visited June 2012

Parbold
“What a find!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a very special place to eat...especially on a Tuesday evening! VERY high standard yet relaxed Jazz in an intimate atmosphere. We weren't sure what to expect with the food (we were sure the jazz would be great as we had heard the piano/vocals and drums duo before - Jeremy Sassoon and ben Gray - wonderful) but the food was exceptionally good, both for quality and value. We shall be back, encouraging as many friends as possible to try this great place. Staff warm and friendly and service excellent.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank mikejilly
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I visit Smiths regularly, and are never disappointed with the food, service or price, whether its Tuesday Music Night or not. Our last visit was made extra special. Not only did we enjoy the usual excellent fayre on offer, (which is the best for miles around)!), we were also enterained by Kirsty Almeida and John Ellis, a truly beautiful blend of vocals, keyboard and guitar. Surely a couple of names to look out for! Treat yourself and give Smiths a whirl on Tuesday nights - a perfect midweek dining and music experience. Smiths is definately a Hidden Gem.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank philandjackie
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Whilst staying locally this place was recommended to me. After a short walk through a ghost town and a doubt in my mind i arrived and couldn't believe what i found!!
A great atmosphere with friendly, knowledgeable staff and food to match.
I went back the next night wondering if my first trip was a one off but i enjoyed just as much again!!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank 488JimmyB
“Very tasty Restaurant”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Excellent choice of menu, really good service. Just wish they could extend and make it bigger.

• Visited July 2012