Ivy Mount Guest House
$76
$82
$68
HIExpress.com
Travelodge Manchester Trafford Park(Trafford)(Great Value!)
$69
$87
$72
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Manchester (Swinton) Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$67
All reviewsb bshared bathroomsalford royalhome from homefull englishtrafford centregrab and gogreat place to stayshower rooma lovely staytea and coffeelovely guesthouselovely roomvisiting manchestertram stationfew drinkswould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Unfortunately I had to cancel outside the cancellation period. The lady very kindly offered to open the room up on the internet. When I rang to check if there were any rooms I was told they were fully booked but when I asked for the money I was told they weren't actually full it was just too late to take anyone. You can imagine it sounded to me that they didn't want to give me the refund.

Stayed: November 2013
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Well first of all,I am really sorry you had to cancel your room i would of loved to have met you!
BUT you did cancel two days before your arrival,and our cancellation policy is no refund up to seven days before your arrival.(It says this on your booking when you book!)
So when you called us,and my wife very kindly said that if the room goes in the next two days, we would give you a full refund witch, we have done many times before...
I'm sorry to say that we had 3 rooms empty on that Saturday night,so when you rang on the Saturday night at 7.45pm making up a false person trying to book a room,and our last check in is at 8pm,yes i did say we where full,but i would do that on any Saturday Night,once it gets to a certain time,i just want to sit down and relax with my family.But when you rang straight back saying you wanted a full refund,and did not understand why i had said we are full!,I even sent you a picture of one of the empty rooms....
So What can i say?????
All i can say is, It does not pay to be nice,so from now on we will stick to the rules,witch is clearly stated on our bookings....
a very unhappy Paul (owner)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Spotless rooms, the worlds comfiest beds, hot, powerful showers, ice cold bottles of water, walking distance to Eccles, lovely, hospitable owner. This guy knows how to run a business!

sadly our trip to Manchester was a different kettle of fish altogether, couldn't get a taxi on the phone for love nor money and ended up walking down the motorway in chucking rain trying to flag one going past at 60mph, most food outlets were terrible and overpriced. Ordsall hall was very very impressive but nothing ghostly happened at all.

The guest house was the saving grace of our trip. If I ever find myself having to stay in Manchester again, this will be the place I go.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the brilliant review!!
We get quite a few people staying here,who have been ghost hunting at Ordsall Hall,I am sorry lots of things went wrong for you!,next time i will sort out all the taxis for you,and hope fully it will run a bit smoother for you???
once again thank you so much for the great review...
all the best Paul (owner)

Reviewed October 5, 2013

If your looking for a warm atmosphere , friendly people, modern design ,great breakfasts , and most importantly feeling like your treated like a valued guest, then you need not look any further than the ivy mount guest house, I have been here 4 times and wouldn't stay anywhere else , whether it be for football or business I think this place has it all, the owner Paul retains a personnel touch to his business which in my opinion doesn't exist in many places anymore, its very close to all Manchester's attractions with a short walk to the metro station and bus station if you wish to go further a field,

If your reading this review , my advice is to try the Ivy Mount guest house , you wont be disappointed , oh yes and there was free soup at lunch time to give my wife the energy for the second round of the Trafford centre

Thanks Paul and family

Hope to see you again soon

Kind regards

Scott from Scotland

Room Tip: Try It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the rooms are spot on
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank scott s
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

10/10 Brilliant!!!!!
Thank you so so much for such a great review,you have just become my best customer,people like you make my job great....
please come back again soon!!!
Bye Paul
(owner)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was looking for somewhere to stay in the Eccles area for a 3 month contract, and was impressed by excellent reviews of the Ivy Mount. I certainly wasn't disappointed and after a 'trial' week there, I had no hesitation in booking in for 12 weeks.

The location is great within easy walking distance of Eccles and Monton which both boast a number of restaurants, pubs, supermarkets and other amenities. It's very convenient for the M602 and routes in and out of Manchester, though not so close you can hear any motorway noise. Additionally, Eccles station and the tram to Piccadilly are only a 5-10 minute walk away.

Paul and Gita are very accommodating and work tirelessly to ensure guests get a very friendly welcome and have a great stay.The rooms are clean and well-equipped, the Wi-Fi signal is strong and the breakfast is excellent with a comprehensive range on offer with the hot food competently cooked to order.

I've traveled extensively throughout Europe and North America, and never felt more welcome than at the Ivy Mount. In terms of value for money and quality/level of service, it can't be beaten.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review!!
its going so quickly this twelve weeks,but it has been my pleasure having you stay here!
all the best Paul (Owner)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Me and my partner booked two nights at this lovely hotel. The customer service from us booking the room to us leaving was fantastic, our room was spotless, beautiful , and the room was equipt with everything. Paul and his wonderful wife made us feel very welcome. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We will definitely be staying again. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you very very much for this GREAT REVIEW!!!!
i love getting great reviews so thank you so much for making my day!!!
all the best Paul (Owner)