Ivy Mount Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bshared bathroomsalford royalhome from homefull englishtrafford centregrab and gogreat place to stayshower rooma lovely staytea and coffeelovely guesthouselovely roomvisiting manchestertram stationfew drinkswould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was looking for somewhere to stay in the Eccles area for a 3 month contract, and was impressed by excellent reviews of the Ivy Mount. I certainly wasn't disappointed and after a 'trial' week there, I had no hesitation in booking in for 12 weeks.

The location is great within easy walking distance of Eccles and Monton which both boast a number of restaurants, pubs, supermarkets and other amenities. It's very convenient for the M602 and routes in and out of Manchester, though not so close you can hear any motorway noise. Additionally, Eccles station and the tram to Piccadilly are only a 5-10 minute walk away.

Paul and Gita are very accommodating and work tirelessly to ensure guests get a very friendly welcome and have a great stay.The rooms are clean and well-equipped, the Wi-Fi signal is strong and the breakfast is excellent with a comprehensive range on offer with the hot food competently cooked to order.

I've traveled extensively throughout Europe and North America, and never felt more welcome than at the Ivy Mount. In terms of value for money and quality/level of service, it can't be beaten.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review!!
its going so quickly this twelve weeks,but it has been my pleasure having you stay here!
all the best Paul (Owner)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Me and my partner booked two nights at this lovely hotel. The customer service from us booking the room to us leaving was fantastic, our room was spotless, beautiful , and the room was equipt with everything. Paul and his wonderful wife made us feel very welcome. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We will definitely be staying again. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you very very much for this GREAT REVIEW!!!!
i love getting great reviews so thank you so much for making my day!!!
all the best Paul (Owner)

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great hotel in a lovely location. Paul and Gita couldn't do enough for us. It's the little things that make it what it is. A very hard working couple. Looking fwd to going back hopefully for the fight in feb! Fingers crossed. Thanks again - Sarah & Chris x

• Stayed: September 2013
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

10/10 Thank you so much for this brilliant review...
Please do come back soon,we look forward to seeing you both again very soon!
Bye Paul (owner)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had a 1 night stay in a luxury single ensuite room prior to an appointment at Salford Royal Hospital. I received good information prior to my stay about arrival arrangements and facilities. The room was simple but comfortable and had a large Queensize bed. The house is old and therefore has character, the floors creak and are uneven and sound proofing is less than in a modern hotel but that is not an issue. I had a simple breakfast of cereal and toast (more was on offer but I preferred a lighter meal) in the cheerful breakfast room and welcomed the friendly chat with Paul's wife - sorry I didnt ask her name. I was able to leave my car and walk to the hospital and felt refreshed and relaxed prior to my appointment. Value for money is excellent and the service for a simple establishment very good. I have experienced much worse and paid more in bigger hotels!

Room Tip: Luxury en suite was good
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review...
My wifes name is Gita,And she is the one who takes all the credit for this review,Thank you so much for staying with us,
and try and visit us again some time soon!!!
all the best Paul (owner)

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed in Manchester for a concert the the MEN arena mad stayed in a double room in the upper part of the guest house and shared a bathroom with friends. The rooms and bathroom were clean. Overall a nice environment, clean guest house, there is a very welcoming atmosphere and perfect if you are visiting Manchester for a night out.
The breakfast had a variety of options and the full english was well cooked. the staff are friendly and hospitable.
The taxi to the city centre/MEN arena worked out between £12-£18.

Thank you so much!!!!
I hope the Concert was GREAT!!!!!!
Please come and visit us next time,for Manchesters Christmas Markets????
just a thought??
all the best Paul,a very happy Owner.....