“Average”

Ivy Mount Guest House
Ranked #1 of 3 Eccles B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip. My room was by the front door facing the main road. The room itself was very, very tired. The wallpaper was peeling and there were holes in the wall, the mattress springs were poking through and the duvet was stained. The ensuite bathroom was clean but the toilet roll holder was hanging off the wall. There is a hideously massive TV on the wall; the money would've been better spent on decorating the room to a more welcoming and acceptable standard. Luckily the room was surprisingly quiet as the main road is not used heavily at night. However this room is above the kitchen and it really smells once the fryer for breakfast gets going. There is also the noise of the front door to contend with. Breakfast is fine, nothing special, and you make your own tea and coffee from an urn; reminding me of a greasy spoon. Paul is kind and pleasant, qualities which I would say prompt most of the good reviews, but the overall standard doesn't compare favourably to other similar 3 star B&Bs I've stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tamworth7
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Well all i can say is SORRY for your bad stay with us here at the Ivy Mount,it breaks my heart,it really does,but thank you so much for letting me know! as for your well deserved points,the first thing i have done is shut room 1,and hired a steamer,and striped all the walls.
the room is getting a total make over,new furniture the lot....and it will get a bit smaller TV.
Once again thank you so much for your valid points,i will try my up most best to resolve these problems A.S.A.P
Cheers a very un happy Owner Paul
Sorry!
If you would like to give me a call,so i can say sorry myself please do!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

A very pleasant guest house, affordable, extremely clean and well looked after. The parking is quite limited, but there was plenty of space on the roadside if the car park is already full.

It was really helpful to have a dvd player in the room too, which I didn't know about before (I had a training dvd to watch for the course I was attending).

The owner, Paul, seemed lovely even though I only met him briefly. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: There is a road at the front, so request a back room if traffic noise will bother you. All the rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you so much for the review,sorry i did not get longer to speak to you,but im glad you had a great stay with us here at the Ivy Mount Guest House...
once again thank you,and all the best from the Paul (owner)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst on a course at the hospital nearby. Very handy location for that purpose and lovely clean rooms. Best bit is Paul the owner... really friendly and makes you feel like you've been a friend of his forever!! Thanks Paul and so sorry it took me so long to write this review!! Will definitely recommend and would certainly stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

It Does not matter how long it has took you to write this review???
It is that you have in the end, so thank you so much.....
I LOVE MEETING NEW PEOPLE,AND MY JOB LETS ME DO THAT!!!! I AM BLESSED!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for the review,and i think i have made a new friend...
All the best from a sunny Manchester
bye Paul (owner)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at Ivy Mount as I was attending a course in Eccles. Paul was absolutely great!! very friendly and helpful.He helped me with directions to my venue and recommended some places to see.The location is good -close to the tram and bus station.The room was comfortable, clean and well equipped.The place is a great value for money and I would definitely stay there again. Thank you Paul

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the review...people like you make my job GREAT!!!
once again Thank You
all the best from a Happy Owner....
Paul

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Booked a double room with shared bathroom - on arrival was upgraded to ensuite, simply because they had one available. Lovely room - immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. Very comfortable bed, really helpful welcome binder giving me wifi code and listing available facilities. Mentioned a hairdryer I hadn't seen - found it in a drawer - lovely surprise. Mentioned tea and coffee making facilities and an ironing board - found them tucked away in the wardrobe so that when you walk in the room you get the full effect of it's charm and elegance, but then you find all these extras tucked away - loved it! Lovely big TV mounted on the wall. Quiet location - easy to park. Owners were so friendly and helpful. I had a lovely nights sleep (unusual for me, particularly when away from home) and generally a really enjoyable stay. I wish I'd been staying longer - highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you so much for such a great Review!!!!
I hope you had a great night in Manchester??? and i hope to see you again very soon!
bye Paul (owner)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked a room in July 2013 as attending a course. Good location for the Salford hospital . Friendly atmosphere and greeting. Room was comfortable and clean . Breakfast lovely and cooked as you wait , good value all round . Would stay again recommend as value for money .

• Stayed: July 2013
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you so so much!!!!
Cheers for taking the time to give us a review here at the Ivy Mount Guest House...
All the best from a very Happy Owner...Paul

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I arrived early to Manchester and were exhausted from our flight. Paul and his team were extremely accommodating and allowed us to check in a little early, letting us get some much needed rest. He recommended a cab and was helpful in every way possible. We stayed in the double en-suite room 10 which was very clean and welcoming. Paul was very friendly and genuinely interested in our visit and it was like seeing an old friend. Should we be back in Manchester we will definitely stay at the Ivy Mount again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the great review!
And i look forward to meeting you both again very soon?
All the best Paul (owner)
07976208761

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eccles
Novotel Manchester West
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Stay Inn Manchester
Stay Inn Manchester
#17 of 20 in Salford

Been to Ivy Mount Guest House? Share your experiences!