I stayed here during a business trip. My room was by the front door facing the main road. The room itself was very, very tired. The wallpaper was peeling and there were holes in the wall, the mattress springs were poking through and the duvet was stained. The ensuite bathroom was clean but the toilet roll holder was hanging off the wall. There is a hideously massive TV on the wall; the money would've been better spent on decorating the room to a more welcoming and acceptable standard. Luckily the room was surprisingly quiet as the main road is not used heavily at night. However this room is above the kitchen and it really smells once the fryer for breakfast gets going. There is also the noise of the front door to contend with. Breakfast is fine, nothing special, and you make your own tea and coffee from an urn; reminding me of a greasy spoon. Paul is kind and pleasant, qualities which I would say prompt most of the good reviews, but the overall standard doesn't compare favourably to other similar 3 star B&Bs I've stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ivy Mount Boutique offers quality bed & breakfast accommodation in Eccles, Manchester. We are known for our warm welcome & friendly atmosphere. Variety of comfortable rooms, some en-suite, WiFi & Flatscreen TVs/ Freeview all rooms. Full English breakfast plus a free Grab and Go Breakfast if you wish. Easy tram, bus & rail links to City Centre, Salford Quays, Old Trafford, Salford Royal Hospital & Trafford Shopping Centre. 2 mins from M602 motorway jct 2. We now have just opened our own Bar,seat 30 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Ivy Mount Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivy Mount Guest House Hotel Eccles
- Ivy Mount Guest House Eccles, Greater Manchester