“We will be back” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Eccles B&B and Inns
Motherwell
“We will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

My family stayed here for a going away party for my partner who is moving to Scotland to be with me. We had four rooms and all were decorated very tastefully, clean and tidy. Paul was very welcoming which made us feel as if we had stayed here before. The room we chose(we were first to arrive) had a small en-suite which was very small and the water pressure for the shower was very poor but just adequate to use, Paul to his credit did explain this when we spoke to him about choosing a room. All my family said they would enjoy staying here again. We will definately return to the Ivy, lots of visits to my partners family and friends. The breakfast was ace just the business for curing a Manchester hangover. Already looking forward to our next stay!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Thak you so much for a GREAT review,i hope all goes well on your move to bonny Scotland,i hope that hangover as gone now??? and dont leave it to long before you come back down to sunny Manchester,all the best paul (owner)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was visiting my brother in a nearby hospital and was staying at the guest house, I was really stressed but Paul made my experience lovely and I really felt like I was home. He was very helpful and even offered me a ride to the hospital! In addition, it was at a very convenient price! I don't usually write reveiws but this really deserves a 5* review! Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Firstly it was great to meet you,i hope your brother is O K... thank you for a great review,next time you visit Manchester you should have a look around the city,once again thank you...... bye paul (owner)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Travelled with family to see Coldplay ...without repeating the saga agree with Sophie M

No welcome ,only contact by phone ...for a guesthouse that describes itself as a home from home all l can add was it was cold

I was made by Paul to feel l had made up the cost of getting to Etihad and my fault for not getting taxi home ...no apology was offered and as the conversation was at breakfast in the tiny dining room l felt it was no place to argue as other guests were there

This experience , really did spoil what should have been a lovely Christmas gift

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank lozzamozza
Well first of all im really really sorry that you gave us a bad review,and had a bad stay with us? As i work really really hard to make sure all my guests have a great stay with us here at the Ivy Mount.but most of what was wrong here was not my fault,firstly you said you will be arriving at 6.30 and rang me at 3.45 at my front door,i had popped out for a family meal (and would of been back on time) as it was sunday,But i had left a key in the key safe just in case!
reguarding the taxi prices, people ring here all the time asking prices for taxis and the prices i give are an estimate??(i said £10 to £15) i dont own the taxi firm! i have rang the taxi firm reguarding this and he said he charged you £12.50 (because i booked it for you),but it should be £15 and when you left the concert and rang him (you should of booked him?) he told you to walk alittle away from the stadium as there was 50,000 people trying to get home too! (also ringing me at 1am four times to sort your taxi problem out,wakeing my whole family up wasent great!) thank you for letting me know about the bees nest,and i have had removed the next day! really sorry about that.. plug socket fixed next day (thanks for letting me know!)
All in all we had around twenty couples that weekend stay here for that concert,they all had a GREAT TIME most got the last tram back,some used the taxis with no problems! we use Travelbymiles all the time and they are a great taxi firm! none of our other guests asked me to sort out there transport?
But i am still really sorry you had a bad time here in Manchester! it breaks my heart to get bad reviews!!!!!! paul (owner)
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Very good guest house. Great owner, Paul. Very comfortable beds. And great bathroom.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Gon009
Thank you sooooooooooooo much for taking the time to give us a review here at the Ivy Mount Guest House,and i look farward to seeing you again when you visit sunny Manchester...all the best paul (owner)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Came here for a Coldplay gig and was sorely disappointed. Paul didnt greet us upon our arrival and we were left outside for 20 minutes trying to call Paul and gain access to Ivy Mount. Finally got in and all seemed well. Prior to booking, was told by the owner he would book us a taxi to and from the Etihad which would be £10 either way as he had guests that go to the etihad all the time. After unpacking, my mom text Paul to ask what time the taxi would arrive, only to be sent two numbers of local cabs to call. After explaining his initial promise, Paul called us a taxi. When we got into the taxi, we were told by the driver it would be £15, we explained at we had been told by Paul it would be £10, and even the driver told us Paul shouldn't be misleading the guests. Out of generosity, the taxi driver let us pay £12. After the gig, we tried calling the same company to be told they wouldn't come out to the Etihad to collect us. We had to walk 3 miles through Manchester at 12/1am to get the nearest taxi, only to pay £20 to get back. Feel totally mislead as we had stayed at Ivy Mount based on the information Paul had given us, if he had been honest we would have booked elsewhere but felt he lied to get our business. Room wasn't great, the floor was so wonky, plug sockets hanging off the wall and the bed was pretty uncomfortable. Bathrooms were fine though. Also huge bees nest outside of the window, it was hot by the time we had got to the b&b and couldn't even get some fresh air in case they came in the window! I suppose Paul will reply saying he could have moved us, but as he wasn't there for our arrival and got back so let due to the fiasco with the taxis, the last thing we wanted to do was start moving our stuff around at 1am. Breakfast was satisfactory, sausages tasted like they were tescos value but nice that the owner cooks it himself. Real shame as had totally bought into the reviews on here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Sophie M
Stevenage
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed for 1 night, Paul, the owner couldn't be more helpful, friendly and informative, rooms decorated to a high standard, we stayed in room 8, compact and efficient but a chair and extra pillows would have been nice, but to be fair, if we had asked I'm sure we could have had them! Very steep stairs down to tiny dining room but again, Paul couldn't do enough to please as he cooks. We would stay here again, it is useful if you want to avoid driving into the city centre/Old Trafford, its a 10 minute walk to train/tram stations and we enjoyed the trams. Wouldn't recommend Ivy Mount for disabled/infirm but anyone else its's fine :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ivymount, Owner at Ivy Mount Guest House, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your review,nobody knows how hard we work for good reviews,so thank you very very much! all the best from sunny Manchester .......paul......(owner)
mold
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Fantastic guest house.
Would definately stay again.
Really welcoming.
Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You so so much for the great review! and i look farward to seeing you again in the near future,all the best paul...(owner)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eccles
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Central Hotel
Novotel Manchester West
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Hello Hotel Manchester
Hello Hotel Manchester
#1 of 2 in Swinton
Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre West

Been to Ivy Mount Guest House? Share your experiences!