“Best place to stay on the island!”
Review of Corregidor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corregidor Island
Corregidor Inn
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Well, ok, aside from some bungalos on the beach, the hotel is really the only place to stay on the island (unless you want to camp out under canvas, which I might do next time just for the experience), but it's clean, the food is good and although the accommodations are sparse, you'll find everything you need for a comfortable and relaxing stay. My wife is Filippina and so we visit the PI every few years (after 15 years of marriage, I think we've been to the PI at least 6 or 7 times now). Whenever we find ourselves in Manila, I always make it a point to go over to Corregidor for either a day visit or a stay-over. Like most things Philippine, the island is so peaceful and relaxing, it's hard to believe it was a maelstrom of violence once. I particularly recommend taking the ghost tour at night, walking around the laterals in Malinta Tunnel and hearing the stories of Japanese soldiers who committed hari-kari by the hundreds is pretty scary. I have to say, although I've stayed in 5-star hotels from Washington, DC to Paris, this is about my most favorite hotel in the world. I hope Manung Pablito is still there giving tours and that he remembers that "crazy American"!!! :-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank mike2travel

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I didn't know I could put up with a hotel room that didn't have a TV and WiFi in it. :) Not a biggie for us. We didn't really need them because we spent so much time outside during our 3 day/2 night stay in Corregidor. We stayed in Room 210 that opened to two beautiful views (you just have to open the windows though to see). The room and bathroom were very clean and stayed that way till our check out day.

There's free hot and cold safe drinking water in water dispensers on the hallway. I think it's provided on every floor because our floor had one. The food (their a la carte, not the buffet lunch) in their restaurant was great. The hotel staff and tour guides were the best. So, yeah, we had a wonderful stay. We definitely will be back.

Room Tip: Room 210 opens to two views. It has a matrimonial bed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jie-E
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The trip to the island is a step back in time and a must thing to do in Manila. As I was booked into a five star hotel, you definitely couldn't wait to get back to comfort.

The hotel is in a perfect place to tour the island, but its the only hotel on the island. Its very basic. There is not much to do in the evening after the tours in the tunnel etc. The rooms are not the cleanest but what would you expect on a jungle island. Creepy crawlies everywhere.

The staff are very friendly and will arrange activities for you. But you're here for the history and there is a lot and plenty to do. If not too warm go exploring, but just remember there are plenty of hidden creatures lurking in the bushes.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank DavidUK2010
Reviewed May 29, 2013

we travelled here as little group. the people are okay, they are very helpful and friendly, but the food is not that good. its all terrible and the rooms are scary with its freaky features and all that. we love the historical place but we dont like it when we saw the accomodation. all in all, the place is pretty good but needs more help from the government or the hotel's owner, the whole island is noy that bad and the tourist guide are actually very very knowledgeable about the place which makes it better. so we like it, but definitely not the FOOD!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iamfishydolphin
Reviewed March 28, 2013

the cleanliness of the room did not meet my expectations,however the view made up for it. the first thing i noticed when i entered the room was the windows. it was made of capiz, (philippine shells) which is somewhat translucent. you couldn't see anything outside. the windows were all broken and nailed shut. we had to ask housekeeping to remove the nails so we could open the windows. the view from the second floor was beautiful. no need for airconditioning because of the nice breeze. the toilet was dirty. mirror had toothpaste stains. fixtures not polished. shower area has not been cleaned for a while.

Room Tip: request for a corner room so it opens to 2 diff views. lots of birds flying around the trees
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2012YOUNG
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'd been here for twice already and will always love to go back in this place.

If you love our country, then I suggest you go in this place. This will surely help you review our history in a glimpse.

Price - just okay but it would be best if this place can offer s special rate for Filipinos particularly students and employees of Tourism Dept. That way, it can encourage more people, thus, promote and appreciate our country.

Food - just good.

Rooms - old but well - maintained. VERY CLEAN. Not creepy as most what known for. I just wish they put TV in each room.

Activities - day and night tour is very nice; zip line and ATV are also added attractions.

Go on the beach instead of swimming pool.

Overall, place is very relaxing.

Room Tip: Order food ahead to avoid waiting on the long queue. If on tight budget, there's a small store n...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mon M
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is the only Hotel in the island. It has no competition, no pressure to make it better. Only good thing is the friendly Staff assisting us around.

Bathroom's dirty. Room is dark. Very old fashioned.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ThrowbackTravels

Been to Corregidor Inn? Share your experiences!