All reviews day tour sun cruises malinta tunnel an overnight stay buffet lunch bring your own swimming pool hot and cold water outdoor activities japanese soldiers online booking tram tour different story comfortable accommodation recently renovated hotel history tours
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have been to Corregidor a few years ago for a school trip. It was quite short and what we did what just to take pictures of everything. It was very nice to come back to Corregidor. Our tour guide, Rowena was good. My trip last weekend was really nice. It was great to spend an overnight there in Corregidor. After the day tour, you can go around the area by walking. You can go to the South Beach and sit at the pier and listen to the sound of the waves. It was very relaxing! We also went to McArthur's Cafe and the manager was friendly. Try their Sisig! :) For foreigners who haven't tasted that and pair it with a beer.

For the room, it was not bad for the Php500 additional payment. The staffs are good too. The only problem that we had was on the day that we were about to leave. It was on the itinerary that we have to be back at the hotel by 2 PM and there will be a shuttle to take us to the pier. It was 10 minutes before 2PM, they told us that the shuttle left already thinking that we will go there directly. It was a bit funny since I left my bag in the reception. They don't issue luggage tags. That was the only problem we had but it was sorted out anyway. It didn't ruin our trip.

If they will just do renovations in the room, people will go there quite often. They need to change the door in the bathroom. It was quite old and the instructions for the shower was confusing. The place is perfect! I love the capiz windows and the prefect view of the mountain.

I am sure that I will go back again.

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank jeanjewel
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The staff is as friendly as can be. Since the hotel is small, service is quick. There is a free mineral water dispenser on each floor wing. The staff keeps the room as clean as it can possibly be. The thing is, the hotel is 21 years old, and have not been properly refurbished since then. The sleeping quarters is comfortable and clean- Old Elegance, with capiz windows, wooden floors, spanish designed table lamp, etc. Has a window type aircon. Being built in 1991 , the restroom has a tiny toilet, 4x4 inch tiles with grout shower area, wood louvered shower door, pedestal sink. Pool is clean enough to swim and enjoy. In fairness, the hotel Inn does add to the authenticity of the historical Island of Corregidor.
Lunch buffet is Good. A la carte meals are simple and there is a limited selection, but all- in-all acceptable. Waiters are also quick and friendly. The view of both the dining area and rooms are awesome.
Everything is super punctual. All tours pre warn early with the tram bells. All meals are served a few minutes before the declared time. Boats arrive and leave on time.
If you are hesitating to spend the night, don't. The hotel in really manageable, and enjoyment of the tour experience for over night visitors far out weigh any inconvenience of "camping out" for the night.

Room tip: Try to get the Suite if you can, since price is very reasonable. If not, get a 2 twin bed room, if not traveling alone.
Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Corregidor as an island ca be reached via Suncruises ferry boat. If you are prone to motion sickness, don't book a trip when it's raining or there's a tropical depression somewhere in the Luzon area as waters can get choppy. Take your medications like Bonamine at least 30 minutes to an hour prior to the boat ride. It's no fun to travel when you feel sick.

The tour in itself is fun, informative, and inpirational. I recommend you take the Lights and Sounds Show and the Extra activities like the Sunrise tour where you can see a beautiful sunrise at the highest point of the island then take a short trek towards a beautiful lighthouse before going back to the hotel for breakfast. We stayed overnight which I did not regret. I felt the daytrip was too fast and tiring with two boat rides on the same day. The lunch buffet was filling and tasteful.

If you are considering on going to Corregidor Island, hesitate no more. It's worth a visit especially if you have kids. They will love the historical info shared by the tour guides aboard the tranvias who are witty and funny and accommodating. As a Pinoy, it pays to know your history and what better way to learn it than to experience it.

Room tip: Get a room facing the pool side. That way you can take a peek to see when pool is free.
Date of stay: June 2011
2  Thank Caryl G
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I spend a night there on Dec 29,2011. I shellout additional 50% on top of the Php1900 daytour package and it was all worth it! I got to join the hotel night and next morning activity for P150!
My room was #108 at the corner of hotel.
The hotel was perfectly located on hilltop between north and south dock. offer a good all around scenery view. The inside give an air of "cozy traditional"
I was most impressed with the staffs helpfulness and friendliness!
The old window Amana aircon was noisy even at low fan. Traditional capiz-shell window set a native mood. shower function ok. Its no 5-Star hotel but i am grateful to have a reasonably price place to stay for the night.

I fully agreed with their policy of no TV inside room ( only one public TV in lobby area), as people go to corregidor to savor its rich historic experience! paradise seekers should go to Boracay! Time is short as the ferry depart 2:30pm for Manila.

Its a petty they remove the bike rental, i was planning to explore the island on my freetime. they said previously some guest ignore safety measures, met an accidental and sue the hotel! thats why they remove it. there is no free roving shuttle to hop-on-hop-off the favorite locations. so i have to rely only on walking.

The food area was appropriate, limited menu, good view balcony table area.

There was the swimming pool about 50meter walk from hotel. no lifeguard, limited light, surrounded by vegetations. that night i decided to take a dip but soon abort it because i feel errie nobody will know if ever something happen to me in the pool!

They offer excellent activity package exclusively for overnight guest. at 5pm the shuttle took us to Battery Grubbs for sunset view, Ghosthunting at haunted army post hospital , finally the lateral tour inside malinta tunnel! In the next morning 530am the shuttle take us to the Eternal flame high area for full view of the malinta hill and tailside! then wait for the sunrise. then we explore the jungle leading to japanese tunnel. then they bring us back to hotel for breakfast. during remaining freetime i avail of the ZIP LINE attraction for P150. I was harnessed and slide down the line from the hotel to the edge of south dock beach.

at 2pm the shuttle took us to north dock for ferry trip back to manila. Corregidor trip was a wonderful experience for me!

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Wilson O
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Faded elegance is probably the right term. The electrics and plumbing are a bit creaky and the rooms were not the best but I really enjoyed this place. There was just something special about the beautiful furniture and the decoration and the old photographs etc. It's certainly not luxury but when this accommodation is included as part of the Sun Cruises tour to Corregidor it does not cost much more than a standard hotel room in Manila and includes the ferry crossings and an island tour. The 150 PHP package for the evening/morning activities is also great value and includes a night tour of the Malinta Tunnel. All the staff were really helpful and the ones carrying out the island tours were extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

Date of stay: December 2011