Review Highlights
Spearfishing

We couldn’t have asked for a better guide, Colin is a great guy and is super helpful. He knew all... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed April 27, 2019
Road24015668798
San Diego, California
Exciting Adventure

Reviewed January 25, 2019
lisanT6094CC
via mobile

All reviews fish whale sharks tuna during our stay day trip pacific side my boyfriend highlight of our trip colin boat knowledge charter aspects tons locations success diving
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

This adventure was great fun from start to finish, from the unconventional start to the exciting finish. Our captain and mate were helpful and great at pointing out whales, rays, turtles and seal lions as well as magnificent shorelines.
We really appreciated the communication from Colin regarding weather and sea conditions. Definitely a highlight of our trip.

Date of experience: January 2019
Colin S, Owner at Indigo Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2019

Thanks for the kind words Lisa, it was our pleasure having you! Thank you very much for being understanding with the challenging weather conditions, I'm glad it was such a fun day once it calmed down.
Take care,

Reviewed November 12, 2018

We spent three days on the Lucky Seven. My partner is a fish and I am definitely not. I was nervous but Colin's professionalism and relaxed demeanor made me feel at ease. I was able to jump in the water and snorkel while everyone else dove down for fish. It was perfect for us both even at different levels and I'm incredibly grateful for the experience. Colin is a gem of a human and it's reflected in how he handles his business, communicates with everyone and respects nature. I really can't say enough good things about Indigo Adventures! If you're lucky enough to adventure with him you'll find out.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018

In summary, Indigo Adventures is a client-oriented adventure guide service that is safe, flexible, knowlegeable, sustainable, and very experienced. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat.

A couple friends and I hired Indigo Adventures to take us on a 7 day spearfishing trip in Baja in June 2018. I won't hesitate to choose Indigo and Collin again. Collin is very knowledgeable in the fishing scene all around Baja and is able to be flexible with when and where diving occurs to make sure his clients have the best experience possible.
During our stay, Hurricane/Tropical Storm Bud hit and the place where Collin originally had planned for us fell right in the middle of that storm. Indigo Adventures was able to take the boat out of the water and move it to a totally different part of Baja so that we could get as many spearo days as possible.
Collins knowledge of the many reefs and pinnacles was amazing as was his ability to interact with local pangaros and get information about what was being caught and where. Indigo Adventures has a very good relationship with the local communities and fishermen. He’s conscious about the locals’ needs and pays his pangaros well so that they want to keep working for him and do their best.
Spearing and freediving with Colin was also great. He is a great diver, often dropping to 100 feet plus to just see if fish were down there or report on the conditions of the reef. He was able to give us tips and tricks for spearing the different species of fish and put us in positions to target either reef fish or blue water species depending on the current conditions.
The boat Indigo Adventures uses is very well equipped and very capable is a variety of conditions. Its 26 feet long and had all the modern electronics and safety gear. He had a new 4-stroke outboard engine was well taken care of and pushed us through any chop with ease. With this boat, he can run 30+ miles and launch at most ramps. His boat captain (pangaro) drove the boat well and was very safe and attentive when we were diving.
The manner in which Indigo Adventures dealt with local ‘politics’ and land-based safety was great. We did have run-ins with local policia who were expecting some kind of payment. Collins was able to talk fluently and respectfully with them to get out of the situation without a hitch, except for the short roadside delay. Collin also has a history of personal protection and at no point during the trip did I feel unsafe.

Date of experience: June 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Colin_Sutton, Owner at Indigo Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thanks for the great review Sean!!
It was awesome diving with you and hopefully we get to chase fish again soon! I had a great time with you and the guys, I really learned a lot from you, many thanks for everything!!
Colin

Reviewed May 14, 2018

I've been utilizing Indigo Adventures for several years now and feel qualified to share my opinion regarding what makes a baja charter a success. 1: Local communication and relationships. People have to remember, things go south with gear, boat parts, etc. It's not like one can make a quick run to a nearby store. one is often in remote locations with no cell / wifi. Your charter should be able to speak the language fluently and have a local network. Colin respects the local community and has forged lasting relationships. This mutual respect provides access to cherished locations with a network of boats to share information. 2: Experience and knowledge: Don't tell Colin i said this, but dude knows his stuff. Read his bio regarding his background, but this guy knows the ocean, boats, navigation, fishing, etc. He walks the walk. He's put so much time in the water scouting pinnacles, conditions, currents, etc. He's told me more than once, "get ready (blank) is about to happen....." Only to witness with my eyes what he had just predicted moments prior. When it comes to the ocean and his diving ability, Colin is first rate. 3: A passion that one cares to share: Colin is at home on the sea. Often charter captains are working non-stop, before and after a trip. You need a tireless individual that is dead set on delivering the best product he/she can. Colin has the energy and passion to share his knowledge and make you a better fisherman / diver. Location: divers and fisherman know this well. Location, location, location.. Colin has worthy electronics and can take you to spots that produce. Whether on the pacific side or navigating the sea of cortez, Colin has the coordinates that guarantee your best shot at success.
Just a quick note about a recent 5 day adventures with Indigo. Colin found us the perfect live-a-board to suit our every need. For daily excursions, we used Colin's Lucky 7 (great boat). He took us to 4 different locations that all produced: tuna, amber jacks, yellow tail, grouper, etc. We sat on the water with killer whales, ate the most amazing food, viewed breathtaking sunsets and, most importantly, bonded with great friends. I'd like to keep Colin a secret, to drive rates down, but everyone should have an opportunity explore Baja with a real pro!

Date of experience: April 2018
Colin_Sutton, Guest Relations Manager at Indigo Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Thanks for the kind words Lance!!
It's been awesome having your energy and positive attitude on trips!!
Looking forward to chasing more fish with you.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

My boyfriend and I went for a half day fishing adventure with Riggo. He was very knowledgeable about the area and helped us land about 11 fish. Apparently it was a slow day and other boats weren't getting anything so we were pleased with our results. Would definitely recommend Riggo and Indigo Adventures for anyone looking for a great day on the water.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Trystav

Thanks for the great review! Riggo is one of our most popular captains and works hard to put fish on the boat even if fishing is slow. Glad you had a great day!