“The best beach spot!!”

Las Palmas Tropicales
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“The best beach spot!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've stayed here twice and absolutely love it! The accommodations are super clean and homey, the hospitality is the BEST and you can't get a better beach location than theirs. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a beautiful, peaceful vacation spot!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Can't say enough great things about this hotel. I think the other reviewers have captured why it's such a fantastic accommodation, but it all comes down to two things, The owners, Bobby and Wendy, care about what they do, and they pay attention to the details. They're always friendly and attentive to your needs. A thoroughly enjoyable stay and one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in. We're already planning our next visit. Tim & Yoshie

Room Tip: Their single room is ideal for a couple and has a fridge and coffee maker.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We can't say enough about the wonderful hospitality at Las Palmas Topicales. Not only are Wendy and Bobby totally helpful and awesome, but the other guests were all so friendly - it was a great community vibe.

This is a gem of a location. It is hidden down a long road and steps away from an uncrowded beach with great surfing for my boyfriend and perfect for my morning runs. The Casita del Sol was really cute. We made good use of the kitchen and the bed was super comfortable.

We spent a lot of time exploring Pescadero and Todos Santos. Some favorite include the Sunday morning market at Baja Beans, Bar Marlin in Pescadero for great tacos (thanks Bobby!), La Esquina in Todos Santos and the quirky Art and Beer Bar.

It is definitely in our future plans to stay at Las Palmas again. Bobby even mentioned that he is hoping to put in a swimming pool and area for sunning which would be a nice addition. Thanks for a wonderful week!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeside, Oregon, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I, with our three teenage boys stayed in the big house at Las Palmas Tropicales for nearly a week and had a great experience. This is the premier location at San Pedrito surf break! We rented the four bedroom house that has a full view of the Pedrito surf break, especially from the master suite. I cannot truly explain, how amazing it is to open your eyes and then watch really good surfing from your pillow all morning long. This house is large and provides plenty of room for two families or many adults to have their own space inside, or a few steps outside to the beach from the front door. The owners, Bobby and Wendy couldn't have been nicer and more patient when answering all of our questions about the area. During our time there, we met several multi-year customers that touted this property as the one to return to; a couple of them were in the middle of a month long stay. Thank you Bobbie and family, we'll be back soon with many more questions. Bakers

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Las Palmas Tropicales is a perfect get away spot. I enjoyed my morning cups of coffee watching the waves break at Pescadero which is walking distance from the Tropicales. It is safely enclosed, quiet and peaceful. The turtles hatched right down the beach while I was there which was amazing. Definitely plan on going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed an all-too-brief getaway at Las Palmas Tropicales. We spent two nights in the 3rd floor Mar unit which offered a view of the ocean from the large living room window and rich foliage from the other windows. The kitchen was cute and tidy and the space was cozy and clean. Bobby, our host, was very friendly and informative and clearly cared about our experience!

A long sandy beach awaits just outside the property -- good for strolling but not ideal for swimming as the waves break too close to shore. Unless you're a strong swimmer, I wouldn't recommend it! Playa Cerritos (public beach just south) offers better swimming conditions.

Room Tip: It appears the Mar unit is the only one that would offer an ocean view as the surrounding greenery h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We spent 5 nights in Casita del Mar, the top (3rd) floor unit and it was really a perfect place to get away from the city (my friend and I were coming from New York City and Oakland). We had a great view of the ocean from the window in the living room and the small window box became my default place for eating breakfast, drinking tea or just zoning out on the beauty of the location. Neither my friend or I are avid cooks, but the kitchen was well stocked enough for our basic meals and grilling under the palapa was easy, especially since Bobby volunteered to get the coals going for us.

The property is one lot back from the beach which was plenty close enough for us- it took all of a minute to walk around the other lot, maybe 150 yards from our door to the sand. From what I could tell, the surrounding residents were mostly American ex-pats, all of whom were very friendly with one even inviting us to a party on the first night we were there when we stopped to ask for directions (hint: ask for Wendy and Bobby's rather than Las Palmas Tropicales if you get lost- it's easy to get to once you know how, but I forgot to ask for specific directions before flying down).

Bobby was a very friendly and helpful host. When he wasn't on site, he made checked in to make sure we had what we needed before heading out, eg. we weren't sure we would surf everyday but rather than check boards in/out daily, he said to just keep track of when we used them and pay just for those days then lent us a soft rack for our car in case we wanted to check out other breaks (we mostly went to Los Cerritos a few km down the road which had a lifeguard and other surfers looking out- good for us beginners- plus beachside dining [convenient and decent food, though at American prices]; there's no life guard at San Pedrito and we rarely saw more than two other people on the beach at any given time).

The one caveat I have is that sleeping in separate beds did make things a little tougher because of the bugs- there is a mosquito net provided for the bed but a net hanging from the roof wouldn't really work with the cot they bought for me to use. Cranking up the AC and sleeping totally wrapped in the sheets helped and Bobby gave me some natural bug repellent he had around, but I still got bitten. I don't know if the lower units (without the palapa roof) would be more sealed from nightly bug visitors. Otherwise, I'd advise bringing an extra net if you need the cot, or booking a multi-bed unit.

In short, this is a great place to get away and relax; we were talking about coming back even before we left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
#1 of 8 in El Pescadero
Cerritos Surf Town
Cerritos Surf Town
#3 of 4 in El Pescadero

Been to Las Palmas Tropicales? Share your experiences!