“Christmas Eve Dinner”

Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in El Pescadero
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Carlito never disappoints! Had our Christmas Eve dinner Carlito's Way! Love it because you are always delighted with what you get - love it! A must eat location when up that way.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Let's just start with the bottom line...foodwise, this might be the best restaurant in Baja California

As you pull up to Carlito's on the dirt road off the small side street in this tiny town (El Pescadero), you may be temped to think: I've been had by TripAdvisor or this must be the wrong place...it is not.

The restaurant is small, outdoors and ambiance-wise a typical Mexican looking bistro and it's true that there is not much of a view other than some nice plants surrounding the 4-8 tables, so don't go there for a sunset. Go there for the food and service.

The food is just spectacular. Carlito is mixed Mexican and Chinese and so is the food. But it is not some awkward fusion mess, it is inspired. Amazing curries, spices, mixtures of flavors and textures that will impress and please all you foodies out there.

The cocktails were good, there are several specialties, but the fish and seafood and special menu are just incredible. Try the shrimp Carlito's way.

The service and excellent English was perfect as well. Very helpful with suggestions or dietary needs. Brinda was a wonderful hostess.

Also, check out the modern kitchen. This is no dive. The kitchen is clean, organized and healthy.

A little interesting factoid is that Carlito started and owns the Taco place in Saucilito CA which still runs today.

As for it being pricy...I actually thought it was the opposite. I thought it was really cheap, but perhaps that is being from San Francisco? My three friends and I dined very well on a ton of superb food, drink three nice bottles of US-made wine, perhaps 10 cocktails between us and left including tip about $60 US...that's not pricy.

I sincerely would not be surprised to see Carlito on some Mexican version of Iron Chef or the like, so get here while you can so that you can say "I remember when"

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The Staff is more like family than staff ! Out of this world food , atmosphere and FUN !! Carlos , Juan#1, Jesus, Eddie, Mario, Juan#2 and Carlos's Mom Made our trip AMAZING!! Its rare when the staff offers to take you to the airport to catch your flight out of Cabo San Lucas !! I really did cry on the Tarmack when leaving this wonderful vacation. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts ( Shawn And I ) to our new family in CABO !! See you super SOON :) Almost forgot to mention... It was Shawn's Birthday and I have never seen an establishment go so far to exceed expectations ! Blew us away... Yummy Cake !!!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food was delicious with lots of freshness. Great flavors and presentation. Recommendation: fish!!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place has wonderful food. We had great margaritas our waitress picked the mint out of the garden while we were there for the margaritas. It is expensive but wonderful food. The restaurant is very nice and all the flowers and gardens are beautiful.