Cerritos Surf Colony is a great place to stay, overall. The location is simply beautiful.
The only major room issue was the lack of hot water. It took quite a while to warm up and once it did it only stayed that way for about five minutes. Each unit has its own tank less water heater, so if you go and have trouble just ask to have the tank adjusted.
They should also put a floor mat at the entrance of each villa to cut down on the sand that gets tracked in.
We had NO problem with bugs...zero...nada. Bought a can of bug spray and did not have to use it at all. No problems with the roof, either. The Maid service came everyday and they gave us clean towels every time we asked. The King size mattress was a bit firm but slept great, especially to the sound of the waves. Pillows nice, and big!!
Having a kitchen was terrific. We mostly cooked for ourselves. When we did venture out for meals they were always good. But remember it is Mexico so the service is a bit slow.
The pool was nice. Not heated which was fine with me. Jets in one of two hot tubs worked. Both were warm, though. 24 hour security staff on duty and we never felt unsafe the whole time there.
Walk up to the Hacienda to watch the sunset.
Two areas of concern not directly related to Surf Colony. DO NOT use Dollar Rent-A-Car at the airport. Very deceptive in their tactics and the way they force you to buy the insurance for $60.00 a day. If they were in the U.S. they would probably be investigated for fraud. Upon check out we observed other customers checking in who were experiencing the same issue we had. DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT use them. Did I say DO NOT use them enough?? Contact me if you want a further explanation.
The other area is related to the Surf Shack. We did no activities there except try to book a four hour whale watching excursion with Scott for $140.00. Due to "ocean swells" at Cerritos Scott referred us to Body Glove Catamaran and "Capt. Cortez" (a personal friend of his) in Cabo San Lucas. DO NOT use Body Glove Catamaran and Capt. Cortez, despite what Scott at the Surf Shack tells you. Waste of time and money. Our 10:00 a.m. departure time left a half hour late due to a no-show couple Cortez waited for (he already had our money, what did he care), we saw one quick glimpse of a whale's tail from over 200 yards away and were back in port less than two hours later!! Why so fast? Because Cortez had booked another tour for 12:30!!! We were SO PISSED!!! Whale watching was the number one thing on our list of things to do on this trip. Later we found out Cortez only charges $100 per couple. Scott told us $140.00 so he could pocket $40 bucks. I gave him an extra $20 for his help, not knowing at the time that he had already pocketed $40 from us. I don't mind paying for services, but don't like being lied to.
We would definitely go back to the Surf Colony if the opportunity presents itself. In fact, the owner of the Surf Colony (who happened to be there when we checked out) said come back and he would personally take us out whale watching for the ENTIRE day. Good Guy who is really trying to make the place a top notch destination for travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerritos Surf Colony is located on world famous Cerritos Beach with a reputation frequently noted in Surfer Magazine for champion surfing. Cerritos Beach is the best beach in Cabo, and voted first runner up in Los Cabos Magazine! Cerritos Surf Colony is a neighbor to both the Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel (a majestic mansion hotel located on a private cliff at the shore of the ocean), and the celebrity frequented hot spot Cerritos Beach Club & Surf where you can get surfing lessons, board rental, and great food.Cerritos Surf Colony is a beach front resort of Mayan inspiration and thatched palm roofs. The free standing studio, one, two, and four bedroom villas are solar energy assisted. Enjoy our amazing swimming pool and bar, surf the waves out your back door , climb the Sierra de la Lagunas, explore the artist colony of Todos Santos, or just lay back in your own palm shaded hammock.ATV rental, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, art gallery walks, hiking Triple Waterfall, Voluntourism, massage, are just some of the things to enjoy here in Baja California. Los Cerritos provides simplicity, tranquility and a break from city life that you have been longing for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Cerritos Surf Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel El Pescadero
- Cerritos Surf Town Mexico/El Pescadero - Todos Santos