I'm used to staying in nice resorts with my family. This was my first time going out of the country with just my friends and when we ended up driving 40 minutes out of Cabo to get here and then .5 miles through a rocky trail to get to the small resort I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it. It was deserted out there and our room was kind of dirty but we ended up loving it.
We stayed in the studio and our friends stayed in the 1 bedroom. When I found out that we were staying in the studio and they were in the 1 bedroom I was bummed until I saw our room. Our bed was right in front of the sliding doors of our villa and right in front of that was the beach and the ocean. It was beautiful. The thatched roof allowed us to hear the ocean all night and all day from inside our villa. The furniture in both rooms was really nice and I loved the mosaic style of decorating. The best part ended up being the fact that the place was deserted. We were surrounded by ocean and desert mountains. It was really beautiful. So peaceful and quiet. The stars were incredible (especially coming from Chicago). You could actually see everything around you because there were giant resorts blocking your view. You could get a nice spot on the beach because there were people everywhere. It was so relaxing and like nothing I've ever been to before. There's also some kind of bacteria on the beach that glows when you step on it, which sounds terrible but was really cool.
The food was pretty good and the pool was really nice. Honestly we didn't spend much time in the pool because when we were there it was pretty cold so we ended up spending a lot of time in Cabo because it's usually 10 degrees warmer there.
The hotel itself didn't have any activities but they hire people out to come do typical resort activities with you. I can't comment on this because we didn't take advantage of it.
The boutique hotel next door, Haciendo Cerritos, is so beautiful. There are 3 infinity pools that overlook the ocean. The hotel itself is built in the classic spanish style.
DON'T COME HERE WITHOUT A CAR. Just don't. It's an hour and a half to two hours to the airport and on top of that, there's not much to do other than relax and swim at the resort so if you want to do more activities or go out to eat every once in awhile you're probably going to want to go to Cabo or Todos Santos sometimes.
On that note, go to Todos Santos! It's a really cool town. There are a lot of art galleries, clothing stores, jewelry stores, book stores, and amazing restaurants. The food we tried was so delicious and really well priced. My boyfriend and I got 3 alcohol drinks, a appetizer, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, and coffee, for under $45 including tip at a nice restaurant. The cemetery there was really interesting too.
Overall I really enjoyed this trip. To be honest, we spent a lot of time in Todos Santos and Cabo versus the hotel but we did enjoy the time that we spent at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerritos Surf Colony is located on world famous Cerritos Beach with a reputation frequently noted in Surfer Magazine for champion surfing. Cerritos Beach is the best beach in Cabo, and voted first runner up in Los Cabos Magazine! Cerritos Surf Colony is a neighbor to both the Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel (a majestic mansion hotel located on a private cliff at the shore of the ocean), and the celebrity frequented hot spot Cerritos Beach Club & Surf where you can get surfing lessons, board rental, and great food.Cerritos Surf Colony is a beach front resort of Mayan inspiration and thatched palm roofs. The free standing studio, one, two, and four bedroom villas are solar energy assisted. Enjoy our amazing swimming pool and bar, surf the waves out your back door , climb the Sierra de la Lagunas, explore the artist colony of Todos Santos, or just lay back in your own palm shaded hammock.ATV rental, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, art gallery walks, hiking Triple Waterfall, Voluntourism, massage, are just some of the things to enjoy here in Baja California. Los Cerritos provides simplicity, tranquility and a break from city life that you have been longing for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Cerritos Surf Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel El Pescadero
- Cerritos Surf Town Mexico/El Pescadero - Todos Santos