My family of 3 (2 adults and a 6 year old) spent Spring Break 2013 at this resort. We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa. Our villa was beachfront and next to the pool. We thoroughly enjoyed the resort! We had a 6 night voucher from halfoffdepot.com. I emailed a few days before arrival to confirm (based on some of the previous comments here) and check-in was fine. We arrived around 2pm but our room wasn't quite ready - they needed 1 hour more to finish cleaning. They allowed us to put food in the fridge and drop our bags in the room - next they bought us a round of drinks while we waited by the pool - waiting is much easier with a cold margarita! It is a bit of a drive from Cabo but we knew this and actually prefer this type of location.
The resort is very cute and beach is very beautiful. We loved the look of the palapa roofs and large lagoon pool. Our villa (#9) was great. I wasn't sure if it would have enough plates, silverware, etc. so we bought paper plates, plastic silverware, a knife, spatula and a corkscrew. It had nice pots and pans, plenty of glassware, coffee cups, and everything else we needed except only 2 plates and no forks. We were able to cook breakfast and lunch each day without any problems. We went out for dinner in La Paz, Todos Santos, and Pescadero. Napoli Pizza in Pescadero is fantastic (ate there 2 times in 6 days). Dinner at La Casita in Todos Santos was expensive and OK but not great (avoid the patio if you don't want to hear cars and tires squealing). If you want a great tamale, try the lady on the main street in Todos. We took a day trip to the beach above La Paz called Tecolate which was fantastic. It is on the Sea of Cortez so the water was warmer and much smaller waves. The resort never felt crowded. Yet, there were always a few kids around for our 6 year old to play with each day. We made some good friends who we hope to see again. The Hacienda really adds to the landscape.
My voucher was supposed to have a spa treatment package included, but I never scheduled anything. I didn't even try - so I can't say much about the spa treatments. However, I feel that for the price I paid, the lodging alone was worth it. We didn't have any trouble with power outages, water shortages, or anything else mentioned in the negative reviews. My husband thought that there wasn't any hot water but only because he was impatient and jumped in and out before it got really warm. I can see how noisy neighbors and possibly the generators could be a problem - but we were not next to the generators and only heard our neighbors 1 night. The sound of the ocean is loud but certainly not unpleasant!
Overall, we had a great vacation in beautiful setting! Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerritos Surf Colony is located on world famous Cerritos Beach with a reputation frequently noted in Surfer Magazine for champion surfing. Cerritos Beach is the best beach in Cabo, and voted first runner up in Los Cabos Magazine! Cerritos Surf Colony is a neighbor to both the Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel (a majestic mansion hotel located on a private cliff at the shore of the ocean), and the celebrity frequented hot spot Cerritos Beach Club & Surf where you can get surfing lessons, board rental, and great food.Cerritos Surf Colony is a beach front resort of Mayan inspiration and thatched palm roofs. The free standing studio, one, two, and four bedroom villas are solar energy assisted. Enjoy our amazing swimming pool and bar, surf the waves out your back door , climb the Sierra de la Lagunas, explore the artist colony of Todos Santos, or just lay back in your own palm shaded hammock.ATV rental, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, art gallery walks, hiking Triple Waterfall, Voluntourism, massage, are just some of the things to enjoy here in Baja California. Los Cerritos provides simplicity, tranquility and a break from city life that you have been longing for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Cerritos Surf Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel El Pescadero
- Cerritos Surf Town Mexico/El Pescadero - Todos Santos