First off, read user Conoseur's review. It says almost everything that I want to say about this place. Consider the following and addendum to his review:
My wife and I scored a Groupon style deal on a 6 day/night stay at Cerritos for our honeymoon. As native Minnesotans, we couldn't wait to escape Minnesota winter for a week. When we got there the weather was gorgeous! The first two days were absolutely beautiful (weather-wise).
Then, on the third day, the temperatures dropped rather dramatically. If you are going during the winter, MAKE SURE TO BRING WARM CLOTHES! The last four nights of our stay it got down to the mid 40s F.
These villas are designed to keep things cool, not warm. Thatched roofs, tile floor, no heat or air, etc... The beds are very firm and only come equipped with a sheet and one blanket (very thin). Needless to say, this did not cut it when trying to sleep in an uninsulated villa at 47 degrees F. We asked for an additional blanket and got it on the same day. The additional blanket they gave us was a very cheap, thin, fleece blanket. It didn't really help much. Luckily, we were able to acquire a third, thicker blanket which made the nights more tolerable.
We stayed in a one bedroom beachfront villa adjacent to the pool (Villa #9). It was beautiful. Being able to wake up and step out to a patio with an amazing view of the ocean was amazing. The villa had a kitchenette with a full-size fridge, four-burner cooktop, sink and microwave. The cookware was modest, but adequate for our needs. I cannot stress enough to read Conoseur's review on this site, STOCK UP IN CABO before heading to the resort! The food and drinks that we enjoyed at the pool bar/restaurant was very good, but was very over-priced. Cook your breakfasts and lunches in your villa to save a lot of money. For dinner, head to Todos Santos!! I STRONGLY recommend this strategy to anyone on a budget. Todos Santos is a short 10-15 minuted drive from the resort and is MUCH cheaper. We ate very well (with drinks) for roughly $18 American for each dinner for both of us. I would definitely recommend Miguel's, Boyitaco, and La Esquina. All had great food at a very reasonable price. We also ate at Bob Marlins and found it to be over-priced (at least the drinks), mediocre, and painfully slow.
As Conoseur noted, the activities are all pretty much off-site and can get rather expensive. Pretty much any activity will cost you around $70 per person, plus they tack on extra fees and charges when you arrive to the activity site. My wife and I had hoped to do more activities, but most of them really aren't worth the money. The one activity that I would recommend, which is also completely free, is the liberacion de tortugas in Todos Santos. You get to see sea turtles hatch, and then release them in the Pacific! It was pretty cool. Make sure that you get the proper directions from the front office, as we were told the wrong location and traveled to the same spot two evenings in a row only to be disappointed. We talked to a local after the second failed attempt and they gave us the proper directions.
Over-all, we loved our honeymoon at Cerritos! The weather was unfortunate, but hardly the resort's fault. Definitely rent a car, stock up in Cabo, and travel frequently to Todos Santos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerritos Surf Colony is located on world famous Cerritos Beach with a reputation frequently noted in Surfer Magazine for champion surfing. Cerritos Beach is the best beach in Cabo, and voted first runner up in Los Cabos Magazine! Cerritos Surf Colony is a neighbor to both the Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel (a majestic mansion hotel located on a private cliff at the shore of the ocean), and the celebrity frequented hot spot Cerritos Beach Club & Surf where you can get surfing lessons, board rental, and great food.Cerritos Surf Colony is a beach front resort of Mayan inspiration and thatched palm roofs. The free standing studio, one, two, and four bedroom villas are solar energy assisted. Enjoy our amazing swimming pool and bar, surf the waves out your back door , climb the Sierra de la Lagunas, explore the artist colony of Todos Santos, or just lay back in your own palm shaded hammock.ATV rental, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, art gallery walks, hiking Triple Waterfall, Voluntourism, massage, are just some of the things to enjoy here in Baja California. Los Cerritos provides simplicity, tranquility and a break from city life that you have been longing for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Cerritos Surf Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel El Pescadero
- Cerritos Surf Town Mexico/El Pescadero - Todos Santos