We loved this place but there are some hiccups. We purchased the coupons(3) back in December 2011.
Rent a car as it is about 1 hours from the SJD airport. We stopped at Walmart and stocked up on food, beer, fans, toilet paper and paper towels, cleaner, coffee...just some tips that you may not think of. Bug spray for outside is a must. We brought ours but might buy some if you forget.
In January we placed our reservations for 3 one bedrooms bungalows. I sent in our names and the certificate numbers as requested for the dates 9/29-10/6. They said all was good on availability, had us down and I assumed it was done. In June, my mother in law asked what bungalow we were in. I told her no idea. She got hers with her confirmation number. I emailed them off the prior email that I received and that had no reservation for myself or my sister. They aid they had no 1 bedrooms available. After being asked several time for my confirmation email and certificate numbers AGAIN, and forwarding every email I had sent and received from them, they said that they could accommodate my family and sister in a 2 bd on our dates requested. We had our 4 year old and they said she could sleep with sister but they would also have a crib/pack and play in the bungalow. Not a problem with sister or us. Dates were again confirmed 9/29-10/6.
Upon arrival after a LONG day of travel, we arrive and they inform us they have us checking out 10/4. In law reservation was correct dates. They asked me for my confirmation number and I told them I had all the emails confirming all discussed. I had to boot up my computer to show her the emails with the dates that were Ok'd by Mindy Gonzalez. Asked if I had certificates? Was not told to bring them as they had the certificate numbers sent to them twice. She said they might be able to accommodate us by moving to another 2 bedroom for 2 days on the back end. Move 4 adults and a 4 year old, food and everything?? Ridiculous. We ended up moving to the Sheraton in Cabo the last 2 days.
Several other couples had the same problems with reservations and had to move to different bungalows, the Hacienda. and back and forth. They really need to get the reservation system worked out pretty quickly.
The bungalow was fabulous! Rooms great, kitchen great.
Food was good at the pool bar, but we did alot of cooking on our own.
Bring rafts and floaties for the pool. It was hot.
Pool beds were awesome.
Miguel and Julian ROCKED! So very helpful.
I personally LOVED being able to disconnect from technology- I got online once to pay a bill. I am dialed in when I am home and need a break from it.
No TV is awesome to me. The have a TV at the pool bar and will put on whatever if you are that desperate. NFL was on Sunday and they have most every sports channel.
The Hacienda is really pretty for a day away from the surf colony. We were told we could use the kitchen there to cook and we did but were told by Hacienda staff that we were not supposed to...whatever.
The tide pools below the Hacienda were neat late afternoon. Lots of little fish and sea urchins. Wear some beach shoes for this.
Went on a few walks and it is very peaceful and quiet. Cool shells and lots of crabs.
This is a surfers paradise as the waves are HUGE. More calm late afternoon.
Very communal place(which I love) kids play together, we met other couples and families and hung out, played games. Our neighbors were awesome, Had 5 year old and my daughter and him played together all the time.
There is no air conditioning(doesn't bother me) but bring fans. Often when others leave there is the pay it forward system. We just asked others that had arrived if they need fans and passed along. Same with the food we had left.
Bring beach towels sometimes they run out. They do the laundry in Todos so sometimes they are late getting back or whatever. Just need to be flexible. Same with bath towels and washcloths.
In the evening if they had been taken and not replaced we just asked for them and thy were delivered.
Sometimes the pool would make our swimsuits green?? But they can be washed out.
It is very hot right now and humid so lots of mosquitoes and gnats. Just spray down with cutter and you are fine., They have torches and stuff burning around all the time in the evening.
I would return at some point and I loved it. Yes, no ac is a bummer at times but cold shower will do wonders.
I am a traveler that does not need to be catered too 24/7. Being with friends and family having fun is most important to me. Meeting new people and creating your own fun is my idea of a vacation.
The really should have thought through the windows opening in some rooms for airflow. The bedroom on our backside did not have windows that opened so we kept our door open which faced the ocean and the fan going in to their room for fresh cooler air.
The truck the water in so one day we were out for a few hours but hand sanitizer for hand washing and drink bottled water anyway.
If you are into a 5 star resort/service and being waited on hand and foot...not for you. If you like to chill and have no agenda whatsoever...for you.
We did go to Todos Santos one night for celebratory dinner(birthdays, anniversaries) and at ate Los Adobes de Todos Santos. It was fabulous. Really upscale Mexican. Highly recommend for a nice dinner out. Walk out back and it is gorgeous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerritos Surf Colony is located on world famous Cerritos Beach with a reputation frequently noted in Surfer Magazine for champion surfing. Cerritos Beach is the best beach in Cabo, and voted first runner up in Los Cabos Magazine! Cerritos Surf Colony is a neighbor to both the Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel (a majestic mansion hotel located on a private cliff at the shore of the ocean), and the celebrity frequented hot spot Cerritos Beach Club & Surf where you can get surfing lessons, board rental, and great food.Cerritos Surf Colony is a beach front resort of Mayan inspiration and thatched palm roofs. The free standing studio, one, two, and four bedroom villas are solar energy assisted. Enjoy our amazing swimming pool and bar, surf the waves out your back door , climb the Sierra de la Lagunas, explore the artist colony of Todos Santos, or just lay back in your own palm shaded hammock.ATV rental, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, art gallery walks, hiking Triple Waterfall, Voluntourism, massage, are just some of the things to enjoy here in Baja California. Los Cerritos provides simplicity, tranquility and a break from city life that you have been longing for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Cerritos Surf Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel El Pescadero
- Cerritos Surf Town Mexico/El Pescadero - Todos Santos