Don’t do it – no matter how good a “deal” you think you are getting on this place, you will be disappointed. This is a beautiful resort with great potential. However, the owners are not doing anything to help it reach that potential. I have to believe all the 5 star reports on this place are written by the employees because when we were there all the guests were complaining.
We arrived on a Friday after traveling all day and the long drive in from Cabo (roads are still very much under construction and a bit treacherous – DON’T attempt to drive in at night). We went to the bar and I was looking for a nice, cool gin and tonic only to be told they were out of gin. What?? What bar runs out of gin – and on a Friday? This was just the first glimpse of what was to come.
Because there is so much road construction and no street lighting, we decided to eat dinner at the hotel. However, the items we wanted weren’t available….”sorry we are out of snapper, and mahi mahi.” By Saturday afternoon it was even worse, they were out of chicken, shrimp, ham, white wine and yes, they even ran out of diet coke! The only option was a rib eye which was a plate of inedible fat. When I said I couldn’t eat it and asked what else was available, I was told the kitchen was closed. Now that is just unacceptable! There is no other place to eat closer than a 20 minute drive in the pitch dark on roads under construction. They said they could make me beef tacos, which were literally fried up beef, with no seasoning, put into a greasy fried tortilla.
I had asked prior to arriving if we needed to schedule our spa services and were told we should do it when we checked in. But when we arrived we were told that at the last minute the person who provides the services wasn’t available over the weekend. So we booked for Monday (we were only there four days so this was our only option). Unfortunately, we were told on Monday morning that no one was available then either. As a way to compensate we were offered 1) surf lessons (this was included in our package already so not a reimbursement, 2) horseback riding, or 3) $120 credit at the bar/restaurant. You mean the bar/restaurant that is out of almost all food and drink?? Yep, that one.
We were in villa17, which is quite lovely. Don't think you can cook in the kitchen however, there are utensils but no pots and pans. And you'll need to ask for additional towels - you are given one bath towel, one wash cloth and one hand towel. Also, bring warm clothes as it gets cold at night, even at the end of April.
Overall, a huge disappointment and rip-off. I really hate when resorts mislead people. You can find a much nicer, well-stocked resort closer to Cabo for a similar price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerritos Surf Colony is located on world famous Cerritos Beach with a reputation frequently noted in Surfer Magazine for champion surfing. Cerritos Beach is the best beach in Cabo, and voted first runner up in Los Cabos Magazine! Cerritos Surf Colony is a neighbor to both the Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel (a majestic mansion hotel located on a private cliff at the shore of the ocean), and the celebrity frequented hot spot Cerritos Beach Club & Surf where you can get surfing lessons, board rental, and great food.Cerritos Surf Colony is a beach front resort of Mayan inspiration and thatched palm roofs. The free standing studio, one, two, and four bedroom villas are solar energy assisted. Enjoy our amazing swimming pool and bar, surf the waves out your back door , climb the Sierra de la Lagunas, explore the artist colony of Todos Santos, or just lay back in your own palm shaded hammock.ATV rental, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, art gallery walks, hiking Triple Waterfall, Voluntourism, massage, are just some of the things to enjoy here in Baja California. Los Cerritos provides simplicity, tranquility and a break from city life that you have been longing for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Cerritos Surf Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel El Pescadero
- Cerritos Surf Town Mexico/El Pescadero - Todos Santos