“A wonderful vacation...”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in El Pescadero
Lebanon
“A wonderful vacation...”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I never usually write reviews but I had such a good stay that I wanted to recommend the Cerritos Surf Colony. It was a fabulous and is much like an oasis in the desert. A unique resort destination, that offers a variety of accommodation choices. The staff were polite, friendly, efficient and made our stay relaxing and wonderful. The standard of cleanliness was exceptional (and I am fussy), the bed was really comfortable. From the minute we arrived, to the minute we left, everything was just perfect and would highly recommend the the Cerritos Surf Colony.
The surf is one of the best for us as we are beginner and intermediate surfers. Our family enjoyed drinks as we watched the sunset at Cerritos Beach Club which is right on the beach. The local towns of El Pescadores and Todos Santos are a treasure of handicraft shops, owner-operated art galleries, upscale restaurants, and colonial buildings. There are many beautiful beaches in the area for enjoying the sun and shell collecting. We are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
27 Thank Linda T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Great stay! Wonderful views accommodation's and service. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank butterflyflyhigh
White Rock
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Long walks on the beach ,Great Surfing ,safe and Friendly people ,You actually feel like you had a Holiday and Guess what I am coming Back this year Again . I can't stay away

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Genisea R
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at the Cerritos Surf Colony back in October of 2010 and just finished another INCREDIBLE stay ... even better than the first time!!! First off, the twinning of the hiway between Cerritos & Cabo is getting very close to being totally completed and will be an amazing drive once fully completed.

Once we arrived on site, we were met by Ramona who is the new hotel manager, so we didn't have to head up the hill to the Hacienda to get checked in at the Surf Colony as we had to do in the past. Ramona was pleasant, professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with. She made the check in easy and seamless.

The next thing we noticed was that THE POOL WAS DONE and it looks absolutely AMAZING!!! The beach front jacuzzis were incredible and the pool is absolutely HUGE!!!!! Also, the swim up bar is in place and is truly bigger than life! Marguiritas by the pool anyone? There is still no restaurant 'on site', but the beach club is quite literally only 100 yards up the beach and was still serving up GREAT food at very reasonable prices. They now also offer free Wi-Fi to customers if you ask for the code!

Then, there was our Villa. We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 story Villa this time (rather than the 1 bedroom/1 story like we had last time) that had quite literally just been finished. It was every bit as incredible as we had remembered, except this particualy Villa was decked out with granite countertops, copper sinks and blackened bronze fixtures ... it was absolutely FIRST CLASS! And the beachfront view from the master suite on the upper level was OUT OF THIS WORLD! When we had left last time, we really didn't think that they could improve on our stay ... it turns out we were wrong. Cerritos Surf Colony just keeps getting better!!

Finally, even though we didn't need anything from Rigo, he is still there. As property manager, he ensured that everything was working perfectly and that everything was safe and sound. I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with someone as professional and capable as Rigo in any of my travels in the past.

We're planning on coming back in October to take part in some of the 'CaboWabo' Sammy Birthday week festivities in town and can't wait to get back there. It is truly a place that keeps getting better with time!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
22 Thank johnbrunelle
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My 3 surfing buddies and two of our girlfriends found out about the Cerritos Surf Colony by accident. We stayed in really cool little villas right on the beach, and the waves were right out the door. I have been all over the Baja and stumbling onto this little gem within an hour of Cabo was the highlight of our trip. We stayed in really cute two BR villas, with little kitchens and our own hammocks...waking up to the beachfront view was unbelievable! The infinity pool just opened, the weather was fantastic and the surfing and swimming beach were consistently fine. They have a really cool beachfront bar and having the Cerritos Hacienda Hotel looming over us while we surfed was really cool. This place is what Baja should be about....chilled out, relaxing, low-key good times with beautiful sunsets and mountain scenery all around. The rates are extremely reasonable, the people very friendly, and the waves and surf shop on the beach never failed us. It is about a 40 minute drive from Cabo, but feels a world away from the hustle and bustle tourist scene. We had a great time and plan on going back at least annually.

Room Tip: Go to website
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank Travis J
Tigard, Oregon
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Yeah right, I thought when my son wanted me to switch our reservations from a luxury resort in Cabo San Lucas to Cerritos surf colony which is about fifty miles north of Cabo on the Pacific side. "We'll be in the middle of nowhere," I said. "NO Mom, we'll be in the middle of paradise." He was right and I'm so darn glad he tralked me into the switch. We had the best vacation ever. We stayed in one of the lovely new houses built right on the pristine beach front and what a beach front. No huge crowds, no pool lounges jammed together like bleacher seating, no pesky venders bugging us every two minutes. It was a smooth gold flecked sand beach with a marvelous, off shore, breeze making it bug free and delightful. The beach slopes gently so it was easy for my 68 yr old legs to step to the ocean and wade, while the kids boogie boarded around me. There was a beautiful pool to swim in or lounge by, great food and lots of entertainment for the kids. I even braved going up in an ultralite flight and saw wales breaching and seals playing and rays feeding on a huge fish ball. We took a short ten minute drive to Todos Santos, a charming little town nearby, where we had breakfast at "The hotel California,", then we took a tour of the amazing cultural center and shopped at several of the inexpensive and colorful shops. I didn't go out on the ocean on the ponga boat with the kids but they brought back a slew of fish which the beach restaurant cooked up for us. Now I'm scrambling to set a date to go back with friends for another super vacation at Cerritos Surf colony.

Room Tip: I'm booking my next vacation now so I get my choice of beach houses
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
19 Thank mexigail
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I just booked our 8-day trip (which I bought for a GREAT price through Sharing Spree!) for Feb 2012, so I haven't actually been to the property yet. However, I was very pleased with the prompt and friendly service we received when making reservations. We will be splitting our stay between the Cerritos Surf Colony and it's sister property, Hacienda Cerritos, and I received both a call and email response to my email request within 2 hours! My booking experience was great, and I'm looking forward to the same great service during our stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 9 in Todos Santos
Hotel California
Hotel California
#3 of 9 in Todos Santos

Been to Cerritos Surf Town? Share your experiences!