“Just what we are looking for We Loved it”
Review of Cerritos Surf Town

Cerritos Surf Town
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in El Pescadero
White Rock
“Just what we are looking for We Loved it”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Long walks on the beach ,Great Surfing ,safe and Friendly people ,You actually feel like you had a Holiday and Guess what I am coming Back this year Again . I can't stay away

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Genisea R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at the Cerritos Surf Colony back in October of 2010 and just finished another INCREDIBLE stay ... even better than the first time!!! First off, the twinning of the hiway between Cerritos & Cabo is getting very close to being totally completed and will be an amazing drive once fully completed.

Once we arrived on site, we were met by Ramona who is the new hotel manager, so we didn't have to head up the hill to the Hacienda to get checked in at the Surf Colony as we had to do in the past. Ramona was pleasant, professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with. She made the check in easy and seamless.

The next thing we noticed was that THE POOL WAS DONE and it looks absolutely AMAZING!!! The beach front jacuzzis were incredible and the pool is absolutely HUGE!!!!! Also, the swim up bar is in place and is truly bigger than life! Marguiritas by the pool anyone? There is still no restaurant 'on site', but the beach club is quite literally only 100 yards up the beach and was still serving up GREAT food at very reasonable prices. They now also offer free Wi-Fi to customers if you ask for the code!

Then, there was our Villa. We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 story Villa this time (rather than the 1 bedroom/1 story like we had last time) that had quite literally just been finished. It was every bit as incredible as we had remembered, except this particualy Villa was decked out with granite countertops, copper sinks and blackened bronze fixtures ... it was absolutely FIRST CLASS! And the beachfront view from the master suite on the upper level was OUT OF THIS WORLD! When we had left last time, we really didn't think that they could improve on our stay ... it turns out we were wrong. Cerritos Surf Colony just keeps getting better!!

Finally, even though we didn't need anything from Rigo, he is still there. As property manager, he ensured that everything was working perfectly and that everything was safe and sound. I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with someone as professional and capable as Rigo in any of my travels in the past.

We're planning on coming back in October to take part in some of the 'CaboWabo' Sammy Birthday week festivities in town and can't wait to get back there. It is truly a place that keeps getting better with time!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
22 Thank johnbrunelle
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My 3 surfing buddies and two of our girlfriends found out about the Cerritos Surf Colony by accident. We stayed in really cool little villas right on the beach, and the waves were right out the door. I have been all over the Baja and stumbling onto this little gem within an hour of Cabo was the highlight of our trip. We stayed in really cute two BR villas, with little kitchens and our own hammocks...waking up to the beachfront view was unbelievable! The infinity pool just opened, the weather was fantastic and the surfing and swimming beach were consistently fine. They have a really cool beachfront bar and having the Cerritos Hacienda Hotel looming over us while we surfed was really cool. This place is what Baja should be about....chilled out, relaxing, low-key good times with beautiful sunsets and mountain scenery all around. The rates are extremely reasonable, the people very friendly, and the waves and surf shop on the beach never failed us. It is about a 40 minute drive from Cabo, but feels a world away from the hustle and bustle tourist scene. We had a great time and plan on going back at least annually.

Room Tip: Go to website
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank Travis J
Tigard, Oregon
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Yeah right, I thought when my son wanted me to switch our reservations from a luxury resort in Cabo San Lucas to Cerritos surf colony which is about fifty miles north of Cabo on the Pacific side. "We'll be in the middle of nowhere," I said. "NO Mom, we'll be in the middle of paradise." He was right and I'm so darn glad he tralked me into the switch. We had the best vacation ever. We stayed in one of the lovely new houses built right on the pristine beach front and what a beach front. No huge crowds, no pool lounges jammed together like bleacher seating, no pesky venders bugging us every two minutes. It was a smooth gold flecked sand beach with a marvelous, off shore, breeze making it bug free and delightful. The beach slopes gently so it was easy for my 68 yr old legs to step to the ocean and wade, while the kids boogie boarded around me. There was a beautiful pool to swim in or lounge by, great food and lots of entertainment for the kids. I even braved going up in an ultralite flight and saw wales breaching and seals playing and rays feeding on a huge fish ball. We took a short ten minute drive to Todos Santos, a charming little town nearby, where we had breakfast at "The hotel California,", then we took a tour of the amazing cultural center and shopped at several of the inexpensive and colorful shops. I didn't go out on the ocean on the ponga boat with the kids but they brought back a slew of fish which the beach restaurant cooked up for us. Now I'm scrambling to set a date to go back with friends for another super vacation at Cerritos Surf colony.

Room Tip: I'm booking my next vacation now so I get my choice of beach houses
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
19 Thank mexigail
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I just booked our 8-day trip (which I bought for a GREAT price through Sharing Spree!) for Feb 2012, so I haven't actually been to the property yet. However, I was very pleased with the prompt and friendly service we received when making reservations. We will be splitting our stay between the Cerritos Surf Colony and it's sister property, Hacienda Cerritos, and I received both a call and email response to my email request within 2 hours! My booking experience was great, and I'm looking forward to the same great service during our stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank AprilM63
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My wife and I were on a trip to Cabo at the end of June and we heard about Cerritos Beach and decided to rent a car and check it out. We fell in love with the place as soon as we arrived and parked our car. This is one of the few places you can actually get in the water and enjoy the beach in the area. It is awesome! We were hanging out at the Cerritos Beach Club enjoying ourselves when I decided to walk down the beach to check out the Surf Colony being built. Lucky for me, I ran into the the foreman on the job, Rigo. He showed me around the property and basically sold me on the place. He was really cool and went out of his way to help me. He put me in contact with the property owner, Roger Pollock. I called Roger when I got back to the states to tell him how great his place was and how friendly Rigo was. Roger was awesome and a first class guy to chat with. We will definitely be going back to Cerritos Beach again because of Roger. The Surf Colony itself is going to be amazing destination when it is completed. The villas are top notch in quality and comfort. I saw the pool being built and it will rock! It is a great place for kids and adults alike. It will become the hidden gem of Baja in my opinion. I have nothing but good things to say about the area (Todos Santos is killer!), property and people that we came into contact with. A great place to vacation!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Pat F
LA
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Well, what i can say is that my husband, our 2 kids and i really had a great time at the Surf Colony Villas. These villas were very comfortable, mexican style, clean little villas just right on the ocean (we could just wake up in the morning, walk for like 100 ft and we were already tuching and feeling the nice water or the ocean). It is a very safe to swim beach, very safe for our kids!! The cerritos beach is only one of the few beaches where you can swim on the pacific side of the Baja Peninsula. My jusband just loved the surfing there, and my oldest kid had a few surfing lessons that we got him from some surfers that offer that service at cerritos surf break for only 20 usd an hr.
What makes me feel very comfortable also is that there is life gards on the beach!!
I think that if you really want to experience Mexico you should come and live it and accept it like it is!! I could have stayed in a very luxurious hotel, however we liked this little villas and wanted to try them out and it was a great experience, it was like camping just right on the ocean...it was lovely!
Its true that the pool was not opened to the public yet (it had water already) but it is all finished and very pretty, i can say that i loved it, it is big and the restaurant bar are just right there (these were finished as well but not opened yet). We were allowed to use the pool at the other resort Hacienda Cerritos, which is the other resort of the woner of the surf colony. The hacienda is just gorgeous, it has an incredible architecture, i was amazed by that. However we didnt want to miss the opportunity to stay at the villas!
There was no contruction anymore nwhen we stayed there, since thay had just finished the pool (it had water in it already). I think they said that the spa and fitness center will be built in the near future. It will be great to get back soon specially to enjoy the nice pool i saw but i couldnt use yet with my husband and my kids.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cerritos Beach Inn
Cerritos Beach Inn
#1 of 9 in El Pescadero
Cerritos Beach Hotel Desert Moon

Been to Cerritos Surf Town? Share your experiences!