Rancho Pescadero
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villas de Cerritos Beach(El Pescadero)
View Hotel
Cerritos Surf Town(El Pescadero)
  • Pool
Tortugas Cerritos(El Pescadero)
View Hotel
Hotel San Cristobal(Todos Santos)
Hotel Miramar(Todos Santos)
  • Pool
Santa Rosa Hotel(Todos Santos)
View Hotel
Posada La Poza(Todos Santos)
Hotel California(Todos Santos)
View Hotel
Hacienda Todos Los Santos(Todos Santos)
View Hotel
All reviewschef buenogarden restaurantfire pitmilagro suiteevery morningyoga studiothe entire stafforganic gardenpacific suiteday bedfishing polesfresh fruitwedding weekendroom numberbeach bedsmain poolchurros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2010

From the moment we arrived, at the OXO convenience store out on the highway and Josh came to pick us up (the secluded property is about a mile west of the highway), we felt warmly welcomed. The staff are amazing, and one of the more intriguing and comforting features of this amazing hotel is the presence of several rescue dogs on the property. The dogs are not intrusive at all, they just live there. Having a rescue dog of our own, their presence made us feel more at home.

The owner and every staff member are responsive and attentive to their guests and I think the reason for that is that they CARE. As for the other hotel amenities, the hotel is in the midst of agricultural fields, growing mint, basil, mangoes, corn and other fresh fruits and vegetables. This means that the basil used in their pesto and the mint used in their mojitos (best mojito I've ever had, by the way) are FRESH, FRESH, FRESH. We dined at the hotel several times during our stay, and the food was always fresh and good.

The boutique quality and the unimpeded 180 degree view of the beach was very relaxing. My wife and I were there for an important birthday (hers) and plan to return for the next important birthday (mine).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. From the minute you arrive and are greeted by name, so warmly, and told to get your welcome drinks while your bags are whisked magically away to your (huge, gorgeous, luxurious, comfortable) room, to the minute you leave, most likely crying and hugging the staff goodbye, it's heaven. My boyfriend and I turned to each other at least a dozen times a day during our five-day stay and said, "Heaven." The attention to detail rivals that of the fanciest hotels in the world--we were constantly being brought drinks, towels, asked if we needed anything. When we asked for sunscreen, we were offered a range of full-size bottles in various SPFs. Toiletries in the bathrooms are good brands and FULL SIZE. There's board games and citronella candles, fire pits, no rules about not swimming late at night. All it takes is the simple mention that you would like a fire on the beach, and moments later you have your own fire pit in front of a bed on the beach from which to watch the stars. THIS IS PARADISE. I cannot say enough good things. The dogs are adorable and a highlight of the trip, and the staff are just the friendliest, most capable people I've encountered. I'm not someone who loves the whole befriend-your-fellow-hotel-guests-and-staff thing more common to B&Bs, but in this case it just felt like we were at some magical adult summer camp surrounded by like-minded individuals. It was cozy and relaxed and just beyond luxurious. Best vacation ever. I'm dying to go back.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

My husband and I went for a quick, relaxing getaway weekend and were very pleased with Rancho Pescadero. I won't reiterate everything everyone else has said because it's all true. The service, location, and relaxing vibe are perfect. We also had a great massage and romantic walks on the beach. Our room was top 3 we've ever stayed in. The food was very good, not the best we've ever had, but enjoyable. My one tiny grievance is that the fluourescent lighting in the rooms is incongruent with the peaceful nature of the rest of the Ranch. We will definitely be back to this elegant, sophisticated but unpretentious haven!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

yes it was that good!

From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Christine who told us to forget about our luggage and go to the bar for a complementary drink to our check out, we never had to worry about a thing and this included delicious food and drinks whenever we wanted them, organizing activities and making us feel completely at home (without it ever feeling forced).

Rancho truly is a very special place with amazing staff and wonderful dogs. If you really want to escape the daily grind, I can't think of a better place to unwind.

Thanks to Lisa and her staff for a really unique vacation!

Reviewed July 2, 2010

Rancho Pescadero exceeded every expectation that my boyfriend and I had for our long overdue escape from reality. The property is off the beaten path on an endless and pristine stretch of white sand beach that might as well be renamed Eden. From the
moment that the lovely and adorable Carla greeted us upon arrival to the last few minutes before departure, where I was trying not to roll up into the fetal position and ball my eyes out like a 2 year old, every minute spent at the ranch was EPIC! The brilliant woman, that scooped up this piece of real estate years ago and turned it into the gem that it is today, Lisa, has exquisite taste and thought of every last detail to make this a five star resort without an ounce of pretension. She also managed to find the perfect couple, Christine and Josh, to manage the place, who were responsible for our MANY
spectacular offsite adventures. From swimming with sea lions, catching our own dinner- two huge Dorados (which were then prepared back at the ranch and served with their own organically grown produce- YUMMMM!), to our day on a stunning, deserted beach, boogie boarding until sunset.....what else can I say except.....THANK YOU Christine and Josh for truly UNFORGETTABLE experiences!!! Last, but certainly not least, the man responsible for the best mango margaritas in the history of margaritas as well as unending hospitality, Danny. We can't thank you and Carla enough for going above and beyond- every day.

There are hundreds of beautiful beach front properties that you can visit
just a short flight away from the states, but none of them, not one, will
have the heart and soul of Rancho Pescadero.