“lovely smart rooms”
Review of The Rochford Hotel

The Rochford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochford
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

staff so friendly and helpful made my daughters 21st will def be stayin again. clean . even budget room at 60 was so much nicer that some £90 rooms weve stayed at. breaky was gorgeous. quiet n comfy
10 odd parking spaces but ample for hotel. reception staff absoloutly lovely

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked a room for my daughter and her boyfriend for a bithday present as they were going to london for the day. It was close to train station so easy to get to from liverpool st. My daughter said room was lovely and clean and the staff very helpful n friendly. The girl on reception whom I spoke to was really nice and easy to talk to. My daughter was very happy with my choice and we would def use this hotel again

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank KCARINA123
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed in August. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We had a room that overlooked the car park, but regardless it wasn't noisy. The room was very clean but maybe a tadge basic. Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is a lovely hotel, it has been tastefully decorated, the rooms are spacious and the bed was comfortable. The staff are friendly and the breakfast was good, I would definitely stay there again, very good value for money.

Room Tip: I was in room 20, which faces out to the road, there was some slight road noise but not enough to di...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and i were married here and had our wedding breakfast and evening reception in this hotel, and everything about the hotel and their staff was fantastic. We booked our wedding 18 months previously and had regular contact with the hotel throughout. They have a wedding co-ordinator who is fantastic, she was very supportive, and personally interested in every aspect of our wedding. She was very good giving us advice and tips on how to do things, and if there was any problems she knew exactly what to do. When it came the day unfortunately we had a family emergency within the hotel and the hotel staff dealt with this exceptionally considering the amount of guests and small space. During the evening there was always a member of staff for anything you needed, and this reassured us. As for the decor of this hotel we have found no other hotel which beats it, we find it beautiful and unique, and though it may not look much from the outside it is absolutely stunning inside. The waiter and waitresses during the day were also fantstic, and the food we had was really lovely. Every guest of mine commented on how much they enjoyed it. They arranged the day exactly how we asked for it and wished for it and i couldnt have asked for more from them. The rooms are very well decorated and the beds very comfy, as many of my guests commented and we paid 50 for each room including 2 breakfasts. I will always reccomend the rochford hotel and their staff for weddings and stays because they truely proved to us what a hidden gem the hotel is.

Room Tip: The larger executive suites are a lot larger, and are hidden away more.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went to a recent all in one wedding, very good food, good service nice decor and a good wedding planner by the looks of it, recommended for those thinking about doing the same.
Can't comment on the rooms as we didn't stay the night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in May when having to take a plane early in the morning, I had to spend the night near the Southend airport.
I booked a double room for single use on the hotel’s website for a better price compared to other websites.
The room was well decorated and stylish, with a comfortable double bed with clean sheets and enough space for walking around. The room was furnished with a tv, two night tables, a desk, a chest of drawers and a big mirror. There was no wardrobe but a clothes rail.
Coffee and tea bags with biscuits were on the table at my arrival.
The hotel is situated in a peaceful village, therefore it was generally quiet, no noise from neighbors at night or from the street.
The bathroom was very spacious and perfectly clean and sanitized. The shower had a good water pressure and the hotel provides towels, bath gels and soap, and in my case I found a bathroom scale.
There was a self service bar area in the corridor and the staff seemed very polite and professional.
There’s also a Sainsbury across the road and the Southend airport is 5 minutes by taxi.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for the price-quality ratio!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochford
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
#6 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Camelia Hotel
Camelia Hotel
#1 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea

Been to The Rochford Hotel? Share your experiences!