“Outstanding”
Review of Packfords Hotel

Packfords Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodford
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I stayed here at the beginning of August on vacation and was thoroughly impressed. In order:

Cleanliness - the room was impeccable. I stayed in room six (I believe) - it was above the entrance, and even though it looked over the street it was quiet at night. Giant bed, giant sofa, and the bathroom was spotless.

Location - I took the tube up to the Woodford Green station and walked up. It could have been closer to the station, but it wasn't too horrible, and it's nothing they can do anything about.

Rooms - giant, beautifully designed, and exceptionally comfortable.

Service - I talked to the son of the owner extensively over drinks at night, and the owner and her daughter were working during the day. Everyone was exceptionally friendly.

Value - I priced hotels in the city and was happy to find this place.

Sleep quality - the first night wasn't good because of jetlag, but after that it was perfect. The beds were comfortable and, again, it wasn't loud despite my room overlooking the street.

Extras - the Full English was good and the garden out back is very peaceful.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank andrewsspam

Reviewed August 9, 2010

Attended a friend's wedding at this hotel (unfortunately did not stayover), and found this to be an amazing venue. The staff were great, the food was superb, the venue was clean, modern and tastefully decorated, the gardens were lovingly manicured and well-presented. Overall an amazing place and would have no qualms about recommending. Only quibble was the price of drinks at the bar.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Packfords for the weekend. Though we live locally we were celebrating our anniversary in child free bliss! Staff were welcoming and friendly and the room was spotless. The bed may well be more comfortable than our own! In the morning we both had a cooked breakfast and I was delighted to find that Packfords were able to cater for my gluten free diet. As a note our breakfast waitress was charming and an excellent ambassador for the hotel and it's staff.

I would definately recommend staying at the hotel.

2  Thank Chabambo
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Stayed here with a friend while visiting London. Although it seems a bit out of town it is close to a train station so that it actually very easy to get into the city centre. The room was very nice, decent size and the en-suite was spacious. No noise at night. Great English breakfast too. Given the quality of the hotel and the ease of getting into London I think it's good value for money and would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank JamieEdin
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip to london and I thought it was just perfect. Really close to the tube station but not directly in the centre of london so you can escape from the chaos. The staff were very friendly and professional and made me feel welcome. The quality of the breakfast and the cleanliness of the rooms made me feel that it was money well spent.
During my stay there was a wedding party and it seemed like everyone had fun at the party so it seems they can cater for business and pleasure.
I would definately go back, it's a great location as well as great service.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank HeidiEdinburgh
Reviewed June 25, 2009

A group of us stayed for one night and we all really enjoyed our stay. Very clean, very comfortable and a beautiful garden. We stayed in a top floor room and it was very well appointed and spacious.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank number-42
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Room on the top floor (#9), however, for "top" a better description would be loft, very few places where I could stand up properly, I wish I'd taken my hard hat I hit my head so many times. If you are 5ft tall or have a permanent stoop I guess it wouldn't be a problem though!

Plus points are the location, which is close to the tube and shops, breakfast was excellent and the place is spotless. I found the staff I met friendly enough although I only actually saw two of them.

I would stay again if in the area, but certainly not in the loft conversion for 95.00 pounds a night.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodford
Best Western Plus Epping Forest
#568 of 1,077 in London
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express London - Chingford - North Circular
Best Western Greater London Hotel

Been to Packfords Hotel? Share your experiences!