“Very Average Food in an empty restaurant”
Review of Seasons Bar

Seasons Bar
Ranked #14 of 79 Restaurants in Woodford
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seasons Bar is situated on Woodford Broadway, 50 yards from Woodford Underground Station on the Central Line. We are open 7 days a week and we are Woodford Green’s only bar! Our bar is a popular choice for the over 25’s, during the evenings but everyone is welcome. We serve, cold beer, great wines and fantastic cocktails. Friday and Saturday evenings we have live singers and once a month special music events. We show all sport in HD and our garden area is open during the summer months. Our refurbishment was completed in April 2018, it’s easy to see why Seasons Bar is the place to be!
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I visited Seasons Restaurant ( not to be confused with Seasons Bar across the road) with 4 friends. The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive but apart from one other table, we were the only people in the restaurant on a Thursday night three weeks before Christmas and now I know why.

This is not a fine dining restaurant and neither is it priced as such but someone has clearly been watching too much Master Chef! Just because food is artfully piled in the middle of the plate or served on a piece of slate it does not mean that no attention has to be given to the actual produce or the flavour. The Calamari to start looked the part served on a platter in a wire basket, but consisted of large pieces, overcooked and chewy. My main course which was supposed to be Sea Bass on crushed potatoes with langoustine was a round of mash with the smallest piece of Sea Bass that I have ever seen, so small it looked far too young to have left its mother! With one langoustine on top. Apart from the size of the Bass, it was all pretty much tasteless.

Desert was worse, 'A taste of Chocolate Orange' served on the by now ubiquitous slate, a few different pieces of sickly sweet chocolate mouses? With one slice of nectarine (the orange component) and a bottle containing what appeared to be runny chocolate mouse ( it couldn't be milk shake because it was too thick to suck up the straws provided) which was far too sweet and sickly to bother with anyway.

My friends all had equally average or worse food, a minute pice of salmon, prawn cocktail with hardly any prawns etc. the price was £30 for 3 courses which I know is hardly a fortune but they do make up for that by the price charged for alcohol. As you can guess, we won't be going again, but I almost feel guilty for writing this because the staff are so nice!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I just wanted to drop you a line to say what a fantastic job everyone at Seasons did for James' Christening today. Katie and Mark couldn't have been any more helpful if they had tried and all the staff were friendly and went out their way to ensure everyone was well looked after. I honestly couldn't have asked for any better service and absolutely everyone who came along commented on the food and brilliant service. In fact one of my friends is due to get her little one christened next year and she said she thinks she'll hold it at Seasons now, so hopefully you'll get some more business. Lots of people said they were going to try the restaurant too because the food was so amazing.

I can't thank you all enough and really appreciate you organising it for us and looking after us so well. It was the perfect venue for a perfect day.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

A group of 8 of us ate here on Saturday for the 1st time and we all know that there will not be a 2nd visit. The food was mediocre the menu was very limited and the service was haphazard. It was such a disappointment as I had read so many good reviews.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have eaten here and it certainly won't be the last ! The service was impeccable and the staff pay real attention to make your evening as good as possible. The food was very tasty and there were some lovely combinations of flavours. There were definitely a few items on the menu I will have to go back to try. As the evening turned to nighttime the ambience just improved and both me and my wife came away very satisfied. They have got everything just right! Thank you

Christine J, Owner at Seasons Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you very much for your review, we are soo glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you in the restaurant soon. Please introduce yourself next time your in as it would be lovely to put a face to a name.

Best Wishes for 2014
Christine, John & Matthew

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Though service was willing, it was a little slow though the waiting staff were charming they need to be a bit more on the ball, particularly as at one point we were the only one's in the restaurant!
Having said that though the standard of food was good, my friends tempura style calamari was very good as was my truffled oil and honey brie served with a small celery salad on a slate tile. We both followed this with a Prawn and RocketTagliatelle which was surprisingly sweet, however the prawns were overcooked. For dessert I had a pear tart with ice cream which was very nice.
I would come back again as we were treated well and I would like to try other dishes on their menu.