“travelzoo dinner”

Seasons
Ranked #23 of 67 Restaurants in Woodford
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Ongar, United Kingdom
“travelzoo dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went on a Travelzoo voucher. Glass of prosecco, followed by pate (in a kilner jar with chutney on top), and a tasteless soup for me (with a tiny yummy toasted cheese sandwich). Partner had a delicious steak and chips, I had a mediocre 'paella' which was tasteless and a piece of chicken. Disappointing. Then came dessert -to die for!! A slice of chocolate ganache, a little jaffa cake and some ice cream. Should have had three desserts instead of a starter and a main!!! Service was faultless. I won' be going back, as the menu just doesn't appeal to me - although it doeschange with the seasons apparently. I thought it a little pretentious, but the service and surroundings were perfect.

London, United Kingdom
“Wicked night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We attended the restaurant Saturday for my dads birthday . What can I say ....the food was amazing . The restaurant was lovely and the atmosphere was fab. We had a table for 10 . The cocktails were fantastic and the service was great . No complaints . Staff were very friendly and nothing was to much trouble. Definitely a MUST

essex
“Went home very happy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were advised by friends to give Seasons a try and are so glad we did, we both had the same dishes (yes a bit sad I know, but we don't wear the same anorak's!)

Truffled brie to start as it sounded a bit different, fantastic, as was the pork belly with macaroni ham hock for main, which sounds a bit mad but was delightful!

We finished with a tasty strawberry dessert and went home very happy.

Its first class modern cuisine beautifully presented without pretentious prices!

We will be back and let's hope they can keep the standards up.

1 Thank mick h
Epping, United Kingdom
“Not as good as we thought”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nice place , good menu but terrible service. Long wait for our meals and drinks. Hard to get the attention of a waiter/waitress. Not worth the money.

• Visited June 2013
hertfordshire uk
“Traveloo voucher- forget it!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We went two weeks ago on this voucher. Owner/ manager very nice but his staff need changing! After being asked again what drinks we ordered we got them. Then the voucher mode kicked in. We got our Prosecco nice and cold but after that all went downhill. We got someone elses starters and waited another ten mnutes and got served our main course! By this time we just ate it. My steak was very good my husbands Tuna was tasteless. The Manager apologised and bought us a salad to share but we didnt fancy it. We ordered our desert, my husbands came and the waiter turned to me and said " did you order one?"
" yes with you!" I replied. Ten minutes later my bread and butter pudding dry and inedible appeared with melting ice cream on a hot plate!
We then ordered a green tea which he was not sure they served and a coffee but they did arrive. The manager kindly removed our pre drinks and coffee/tea from the bill. It may have been an off night but better staff training would be advisable. Needless to say- we Would not go back.l lj

Visited July 2013