All reviews epping forest south woodford buffet breakfast last weekend highams park reception area tube station free car parking stayed for one night plenty of parking central line event friday
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Epping Forest Hotel. The receptionists were helpful and kind and I would love to thank Kristina the chef for serving us and Percy. The rooms were comfortable and very good. I would stay here again. Would definitely recommend!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Bernard W, General Manager at Epping Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Roving722963,

Thank you for your great review, I have made Percy and Christina aware and thanked them for their efforts. We value our guest feed back and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2019

Last minute but what a lovely hotel, staff where friendly and room was comfortable and clean. Menu was basic food was good. Would definitely recommend this hotel. And the location was stunning. Thank you

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Bernard W, General Manager at Epping Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2019

Dear Paintrep,

Thank you for your feed back regarding your recent stay, I am glad you enjoyed the Hotel and found the team friendly. We truly value our guest satisfaction and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

very unfriendly staff. Rooms are in a catastrophic condition. I had to wait more than an hour to check in, because the computer did not work. in the room it felt 50 degrees because you could not turn off the heating. When I said that to the front desk, I was told that someone came by and turned it off. but nobody came. very unreliable and unfriendly. not recommendable. In addition, everywhere in the wall cracks and mold in the bathroom

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear QumarsZaheri,

Thank you for your feed back regarding your stay, I am deeply sorry that you had issue's and we did not overcome them for you. We value our guest experience and will review the issue's and address them to avoid this happening again in the future. We will be getting a refurbishment in the future and look forward to welcoming you back so that we can make this up to you.

Regards

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

A very pleasant surprise in a quiet location in Epping Forest, yet still close to the High Road with all its shops and other facilities. Very comfortable room, friendly staff. Very good value for money.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Chi_57,

Thank you, for your valued feedback I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the Hotel met your needs. We truly value our guest responses and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 20, 2019

I agree with the comments made by previous reviewers with regard to the condition of the room and bathroom. The carpet was stained and the cleanliness of the room and bathroom were not of an acceptable standard. It isn't helped by the fact that the decor and bathroom fixtures are old and worn but they are also generally grubby and dirty looking. The rooms could do with a complete renovation and redecoration. However, the main problem we encountered was trying to actually get in and out of the room!! We were given a key card on check in and having tried for a few minutes to access the room couldn't do so. When we returned to reception with the key card we were told "oh yes that room actually requires a key!". This appeared to be the only room on the third floor which had a yale lock as well as the key card system. It took a number of minutes of jiggling the key for us to get into the room, however, little did we realise that the trouble would really only begin when we tried to get back out! Suffice it to say that as we were staying two nights we had a number of occasions when we were trapped and it took lots of struggling with the lock on each occasion to actually get out. When my husband mentioned it on the first morning reception staff were not helpful nor apologetic. They also seemed strangely reluctant to furnish a receipt for payment to my husband when checking out. We did not try the bar or food so I can't comment on that. Overall, I could not recommend this hotel and I would definitely not stay there again. The only positive was the very helpful lady (who was not a receptionist but working on the rooms) who sourced an iron and ironing board for us in the morning - even though we had requested it from reception the previous evening.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Bernard W, General Manager at Epping Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Dear Plotted,

Thank you for your welcomed Feed back regarding your visit.

I am deeply sorry that you found your experience unsatisfactory as a result of the condition of the rooms and your key card/Key. We do our best to present the Hotel in the best light and I will review your comments with the team and address accordingly together. I am happy to advise that our property will be undergoing a refurbishment at some point this year and all conditioning issues will be addressed at that time.

Thank you again for your feed back as it is through your feed back we can improve. I hope you do return even if after our refurb and give us an opportunity to make this up to you.

Kind regards