“Birthday Curry” 5 of 5 bubbles

Masala Grill
Ranked #9 of 76 Restaurants in Upminster
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Protaras, Cyprus
“Birthday Curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Booked with the Masala Grill a birthday Curry for 7 people on Wednesday evening.
Usual great food – attention to service and thoroughly enjoyable night.
The guys even produced a birthday cake !

Will no doubt visit again soon.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mike J

London
“Best Indian in Upminster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to Masala Grill on a Thursday night and had a fantastic evening.

The food was SO fresh and tasty and served in the perfect size portion so you felt full but not bloated like some portions that you get from other curry houses. The staff were great, the beer (Kingfisher) was cold and really nice and overall the place was thoroughly enjoyable.

Having been to more or less every Indian in Upminster and Cranham I would say the food here is the freshest and most authentic.

Would definitely recommend..

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NPalma
essex
“Daughters birthday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We took a party of 13 last night 31st and i have to say the staff are friendly and the food execellent everybody enjoy there meal. would definately go back.

hornchurch
“BEST Indian I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went to try it since I have a taste card, the food was exceptional. So fresh and different from other Indians. Their lamb chops were superb, freshly made. I am now hooked.

london
“Birthday Meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband booked the Masala Grill for my Birthday to treat myself plus friends and children.
We arrived slightly early so understood that the table wasnt laid up. This was not a problem.The waiter (lovely as he was) informed us that the table we was on was very wobbly, this table was different to all the other tables as we had like a wooden garden table and all the others were black marble.!!!
We then had poppadoms and starters. My starter was really cold and a couple of the others chose not to eat there's. We were still having a great time until the main's arrived with no cutlery. My hustband passed all the empty glasses up to the bar as they hadnt been cleared since we arrived. I always have a chicken tikka biriani and never in my life has it looked like the one i was served. i chose to leave mine. Our table still had starter mess and half hour after we finished our mains we asked for the table to be cleared but they left all left over mess and food all over the table, it looked like we was sitting in a greasy spoon cafe. The icing on the cake was when they bought me a complimentary piece of birthday cake and as i blew out the candle i saw a long hair laying across it. I gave it immediately back and instead of the lady waitress/owner apologising she examined it and informed me if was curly and her hair was straight!! and it must have been one of my childrens!!! have you ever heard anything like it!!!! i informed her that not 1 person on my table had curly hair with this she walked away!! We paid the bill and apologised to our friends for treating them to such a diabolical meal, we felt very embarassed. We eat out alot, and have never known anything like it. I would strongly advise anyone who wishes to visit to think again. What a shame, but every now and then i suppose you have to have a bad night and this one was ours.

• 1 of 5 bubbles