“Good Food”

Othello
Ranked #15 of 79 Restaurants in Upminster
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This Is An Old Restaurant, It Has Been Trading In The Same Place For Many Years, Family Owned
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Local restaurant that serves delicious food, well cooked and very generous portions. The decor is a bit dated and all of the staff have been there for years. Kind of restaurant you can pop into for a good meal

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food overall is fantastic. The service is quick and with a smile, may need to book occasionally as can be busy especially at weekends, been there 4 times now and will be going back for as long as I can!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had visited this restaurant some time ago and found it good then. I returned as part of a family birthday celebration on 2nd January 2013 and found, if anything, it was even better. Attention to detail, just the right amount of service without being overbearing, music at a comfortable soft level and, of course, excellent food. My wife and I chose the skate because it is difficult to find it on menus these days. We were not disappointed! Flesh which fell from the bone (or, at least, cartilage in the case of skate wings) cooked to perfection. Just enough sauté potatoes, also perfectly cooked, accompanied our food. Prices are good for such quality of meal. I would heartily recommend this restaurant and look forward to my next visit, although I live the other side of London.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Personally I think this is the best restaurant in Upminster for food. I went about 20 years ago and didn't really rate it although looking back it was probably because I was young and on a date with the wrong man! However, after living in Upminster Bridge with my husband for 10 years we decided to give it a go! Well I don't think the decor has changed in 20 years and the lights are a little too bright for a romantic atmosphere but the food is sublime. The menu is varied but the specials board is extensive and I fully think there is something for everyone. The first time I went I had the Dover Sole which was cooked to perfection and the 2nd time I had steak which was mouth watering. Personally when I eat out I like to have fish and I think I would be able to go once a week and never be bored of eating there!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We first experienced Othellos on the recommendation of a friend back in 1998 when we lived outside of the Upminster area, so it was quite a trek for us. Needless to say we have been going back on a regular basis every since. In 1991 5 days post 9/11 we had our Silver Wedding Dinner in Othellos with all the family which was a complete success. In all that time the menu had hardly changed with only slight price increases - there's no need to extend or change the menu as there is so much to choose from with everything cooked to a very high standard. We now live in Upminster and Othellos has become our 'local' favourite restaurant.