King John's Lodge
$120
$126
$102
Hotels.com
Star & Eagle Hotel(Goudhurst)(Great Value!)
$111
The Brickwall Hotel(Sedlescombe)(Great Value!)
$169
$147
The George Hotel(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
$84
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$164
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I feel I must have stayed in a different place to the people in the other review! I had a lovely enormous room, with the most comfortable bed. I felt as if I was staying in a small stately home. The breakfasts were delicious and varied. The gardens are really beautiful, with several different areas - my favourites were the wild garden and the woodland walk. The owner's son has a propogating nursery at one end of the garden, and the shop is like an Aladdin's Cave, with all sorts of goodies to buy other than the actual plants. I would like to go back in June when all the roses will be out. Altogether I had a very relaxing few days.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
freddycuba, Public Relations Manager at King John's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Many thanks for taking the time to review king John's Lodge and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

All the best, KJL.

Reviewed August 18, 2007

Viewed website and were keen to visit as listed in the top 20 B&B's in the UK by Which. Although it was a lovely house and gardens in glorious surroundings, it was unfortunately let down by the complete indifference of the owners and a very poor breakfast.
In all our extensive travels in the UK and abroad, this was the most disappointing. The owners seemed to think that the undoubted charms of the house were enough, and that no effort was required on their part in the way of service, food and general attention to detail.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Travelmad50

Hello,

Many thanks for your feedback. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay at King John's Lodge. We try to make everyone's stay special and obviously you did not think this was the case with your visit. Obviously yours is an isolated view as (as you mention) King John's Lodge was listed in the top 20 B&Bs in Britain bu Which? and we have had hundreds of happy guests since opening our doors more than 15 years ago and fantastic feedback over the years from people from all parts of the world.

It is difficult to understand your comments and I would say that you said that you visited us in August 2006 yet did not post a review until a full year later in 2007.