“Just perfect. ”
Review of The KP

The KP
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Pocklington
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Drinks and dining, weddings and bespoke private & corporate events, luxury lodges and hotel rooms we have it all at The KP. Set amongst a championship golf course and 180 acres of glorious woodlands, this is the perfect retreat in the heart of the Yorkshire Wolds. With several facilities accommodate private and corporate guests; whether an intimate lunch for four in our Flamingo room or private dining for ten in the Vale of York, treat your guests to a relaxed atmosphere with stunning views over the East Riding.
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Visited here this afternoon after being recommended by staff in Judson's. We were very pleasantly surprised by this place - an excellent menu at very reasonable prices, overlooking the golf course and water feature. Food was very tasty and beautifully presented,
Nothing was too much trouble for staff. Couldn't really fault it, will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were a party of 6 Adults and 3 children to celebrate a special birthday Friday to Monday,Its a perfect location for weekend break,the facilities are great , 3 good sized bedrooms,well equipped kitchen and living room in the chalet we had not forgetting the hot tub. The views of the golf course are superb and our weekend included round of golf and a day in York with tea at Bettys ...perfect.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We attended the Masquerade Ball on NYE & stayed 2 nights in the Huxtable Suite with private hot tub & we had a fantastic time service,food, entertainment,fireworks,value for money were all excellent.Thankyou Emily & staff at the KP we'll be back soon:))))))x

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The wedding reception was very good, food was lovely, the room did get very warm whilst the meals were been eaten. The bar staff were very efficient and friendly, and the drinks were quite reasonably priced. Only fault was that many wedding guests (male) said the gents toilets were smelly and not very clean.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I along with friends attended the KP organised Christmas event. It was well priced with promising entertainment.
As a group we pre-ordered our food and as a severe nut allergy suffer I specifically raised this concern to see whether I could happily eat at their venue. Fortunately, I received an email with confirmation that I would be able to eat safely. The Christmas menu DID NOT mention that the food contains nut. Albeit the stuffing did on one meal, not the meal I was eating. Unfortunately, I consumed some sort of nut as I began to have a bad reaction to the food.
This is where my real concern for this establishment was raised. It took well over 15 minutes for a member of staff to react. My friends raised the issue with our waitress, whom then, admittedly, said she forgot to ask the chef what was in the food, after the reaction had began. Another, more managerial, member of staff was informed and again they took a very lengthy amount of time to respond. My wife alarmingly at this stage requested to speak to the manager. The manager very abruptly denied the problem was their's and said it explains on the menu the food may contain nuts. It does say this on the menu, but not on the Christmas menu. More worryingly is the fact that the KP manager is more concerned about passing blame rather than doing his duty as a manager and caring for his customers in the a worrying situation.
Anyway after a ridiculous amount of time and an ambulance later, the KP ask me to sign a document expressing I was happy with the care they had given me, WHAT CARE?
I have eaten in many restaurants in my countries and this is customer care and consideration I have ever dealt with. Its quite scary how the manager is obviously not too concerned about the general safety of his customers. Despite a number of emails over a course of a week I am still yet to receive an explanation as to why this inexcusable situation occurred and why they acted in the way they did.

2  Thank Georgeandkerri
EmStephKP, Manager at The KP, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear George

Your email has been received and a reply was sent back immediately, stating that a full investigation would be done, including statements from staff, management, and our accurate CCTV footage etc. Please contact The KP directly to come in and discuss the matter.

Kind Regards