“Terrible customer service”
Review of The KP

The KP
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Pocklington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Drinks and dining, weddings and bespoke private & corporate events, luxury lodges and hotel rooms we have it all at The KP. Set amongst a championship golf course and 180 acres of glorious woodlands, this is the perfect retreat in the heart of the Yorkshire Wolds. With several facilities accommodate private and corporate guests; whether an intimate lunch for four in our Flamingo room or private dining for ten in the Vale of York, treat your guests to a relaxed atmosphere with stunning views over the East Riding.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I along with friends attended the KP organised Christmas event. It was well priced with promising entertainment.
As a group we pre-ordered our food and as a severe nut allergy suffer I specifically raised this concern to see whether I could happily eat at their venue. Fortunately, I received an email with confirmation that I would be able to eat safely. The Christmas menu DID NOT mention that the food contains nut. Albeit the stuffing did on one meal, not the meal I was eating. Unfortunately, I consumed some sort of nut as I began to have a bad reaction to the food.
This is where my real concern for this establishment was raised. It took well over 15 minutes for a member of staff to react. My friends raised the issue with our waitress, whom then, admittedly, said she forgot to ask the chef what was in the food, after the reaction had began. Another, more managerial, member of staff was informed and again they took a very lengthy amount of time to respond. My wife alarmingly at this stage requested to speak to the manager. The manager very abruptly denied the problem was their's and said it explains on the menu the food may contain nuts. It does say this on the menu, but not on the Christmas menu. More worryingly is the fact that the KP manager is more concerned about passing blame rather than doing his duty as a manager and caring for his customers in the a worrying situation.
Anyway after a ridiculous amount of time and an ambulance later, the KP ask me to sign a document expressing I was happy with the care they had given me, WHAT CARE?
I have eaten in many restaurants in my countries and this is customer care and consideration I have ever dealt with. Its quite scary how the manager is obviously not too concerned about the general safety of his customers. Despite a number of emails over a course of a week I am still yet to receive an explanation as to why this inexcusable situation occurred and why they acted in the way they did.

2  Thank Georgeandkerri
EmStephKP, Manager at The KP, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear George

Your email has been received and a reply was sent back immediately, stating that a full investigation would be done, including statements from staff, management, and our accurate CCTV footage etc. Please contact The KP directly to come in and discuss the matter.

Kind Regards

Lucy

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My partner and I recently visited KP Golf Club for a night away. We ate at the restaurant for lunch, dinner and breakfast and each meal was excellent. Dinner was particularly lovely and exceptionally tasty. It was a bit cold but other than that the atmosphere was amazing and the staff were all very welcoming and accommodating. Also very good value for money. Would definitely recommend, and will be visiting again.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Treated my partner to a birthday meal at The Kp
The food was delicious !!!!
We had three courses and everything was perfect.
Lovely friendly staff that looked after us all evening.
The restaurant is very stylish, it has spectacular views and it also has the most super comfy sofas.

Thank You to The Kp for a lovely evening we will defiantly be back ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The restaurant was really cold and I nearly had to wear my coat whilst eating. Unfortunately they forgot one of the meals so that all but one of us eat together. Eventually the missing meal arrived after everyone else had finished. The food was ok other than the mash was cold on one meal. Won't be eating ere again.

1  Thank Eagleman12
EmStephKP, Manager at The KP, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Hi there Eagleman12,

We are sorry to hear of your experience at The KP. We endeavor to bring a great level of customer service, both through the staff and through the quality of food we serve. We would like discuss this in more detail if you could please contact Nick our General Manager on 01759303090 it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Emily Stephenosn
Events and Marketing Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent organisation. Smiling, friendly staff who happily dealt with 30 or so hyperactive and over-excited 12-13 year olds ! Welcome non-alcoholic cocktail was a nice touch. Excellent DJ who kept them in their place (and on their feet !). Vast amounts of really well-prepared food - probably enough for 50. I should have taken some home for my spaniels ! The approach, along a winding uphill drive with illuminations in the trees was magic. Would thoroughly recommend it as a special venue well away from anyone who might not like the noise.

1  Thank Jeremy W