“No request was too much - excellent !”
Review of The KP

The KP
Ranked #13 of 36 Restaurants in Pocklington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Drinks and dining, weddings and bespoke private & corporate events, luxury lodges and hotel rooms we have it all at The KP. Set amongst a championship golf course and 180 acres of glorious woodlands, this is the perfect retreat in the heart of the Yorkshire Wolds. With several facilities accommodate private and corporate guests; whether an intimate lunch for four in our Flamingo room or private dining for ten in the Vale of York, treat your guests to a relaxed atmosphere with stunning views over the East Riding.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Daughter's 12th birthday disco. 25 kids royally entertained, with adults eating separately. Top marks to the kind, helpful staff. Food was excellent - somwhat eclectic menu but vast portions at good prices. The view is stunning. Thoroughly recommend KP to anyone seeking a venue to entertain.

1  Thank Jeremy W
There are newer reviews for The KP

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Hello after a morning walk in the countryside we decided to have lunch at Pocklington Golf Club after a leathly wait our club sandwich came... as i ate my first sandwich( what had I ate! )i salted my second where i found a live SLUG curlded up and eventually crawled off my bread in front of the bar attendant uh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i felt sick i was sick ............... they offered me more food!no thank you .The bar attendant assured me the chef said the salad is washed excuse me its A LIVE SLUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no excuse Becarefull next time you order CHECK INSIDE WHAT COULD BE LURKING! Alive or raw meat cause tummy problem...........

5  Thank karen g
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'd heard that The KP (formerly Kilnwick Percy Golf Club) had gone through some changes in recent years, but i wasn't expecting what i found. Going from a leaky Portakabin to the immense lush building they have now, i was blown away.
I decided to take some friends up for dinner, as i'd been recommended by a colleague and boy i wasn't dissappointed. The nice drive through the trees leading into the car park with the Glasshouse (as i understand it's now called) all lit up, simply took my breath away. It certainly brightened up the dull rainy night we were suffering weather-wise.
From the moment we stepped through the door and walked down the stone corridor, we were greeted with such a warm and friendly smile & welcome. Being shown to a nice comfortable seating area while our drinks were taken, giving us chance to have a read through the menu, made me feel like royalty. When we were ready, we were lead to our table upstairs which happened to be in a prime position looking out over the golf course and the Vale of York.
Given the spectacular view, welcome and company, i didn't think the night could get any better. Then the food arrived.
I can't possibly describe how good it was, it simply made my mouth water and leave me yearning for more. The presentation was immaculate and i was so happy that it tasted as good, even better than it looked.
A fantastic evening was had by all. Friendly, pleasant & helpful staff, a varied selection of drinks and gorgeous food means i'll be going back very soon.

2  Thank DanGeo13
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great view of golf cource modern setting with relaxed vibe. great food and service would go back for sure

1  Thank philldonald
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went out to the KP Club with a friend to take him out for a drive, a bite to eat and a drink - as we drove in the entrance way and up the drive to the glass house it put a smile on our faces, the whole grounds, lodges and glass house make such a splendid view.

We were greeted by very friendly staff who remained so throughout our visit. We ordered a couple of drinks from the bar and went outside to sit on the terrace to take in the views and watch some of the golfers doing their round.

We both opted to order one of the club sandwiches each and some chips - very impressed! The presentation, the size of portion and the taste was great!

While we were there, we enquired about the lodges and a very helpful chap showed us around one of them - extremely impressive, nicely kitted out, great views and hot tubs!!!

The visit left such a great impression that I have been back a few times - I even got the golf sticks out of storage to tackle the very nice course.

Well worth a visit for drinks, a meal and golf!

3  Thank m0nty79