“Our Perfect Wedding At Rowley Manor”

Rowley Manor Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Weighton
Reviewed July 4, 2010

My new wife and I have enjoyed our perfect wedding at Rowley Manor. This beautiful period location is like something out of a fairytale, and we have, and would recommend popping by whenever you can - it's certainly worth the visit. The views of open countryside within the beautifully kept church and manor house present a stunning location. Rowley Manor itself is well run and very welcoming. It has a warm homely welcoming feel with plenty of interesting rooms and features, such as the Pine room.
The food was second to none, and having spoken to the chef personanally I would certainly recommend stopping buy for his perfect dishes whenever you can. My new wife and I plan to re-visit Rowley Manor whenever we can, and having had our wedding there through another person's recommendation, we will certainly recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed May 27, 2010

I held my wedding here in March 2010 and I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

The building is gorgeous - its been tastefully renovated to a high standard in keeping with its roots. The wedding itself was handled expertly by the staff who couldn't do enough not only for myself and my husband but also for every single one of my guests. On arrival any problems with rooms were resolved - including the four poster bed being a little too high for my grandmother - she was moved immediately to a more fitting room for her. Everything we asked for was done.

The food - there is only one word... amazing. We ordered soup, a roast beef dinner and cheesecake and it was out of this world. Everything was home-made, locally sourced and prepared for a very high standard. It was all full of flavour. Any food intolerances were catered for with no complaint and to the same high standard. The evening saw bacon and sausage sandwiches and home-made potato wedges. Despite this not being inkeeping with the elegance of the hotel it was done, and again to a very high standard.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Its an old building and with that comes little quirks you only get with old buildings such as creaky floorboards etc.... that just adds to the character of the place though. If something isn't right, the staff take it personally and correct immediately. The bridal suite was beautiful, as well other rooms according to my other guests.

In short, I cannot fault the hotel. The rooms are fantastic, the food amazing and the staff second to none

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2010

rowley manor is out of the way but within easy reach of hull and m62, the hotel rooms were of good size and not to morden, it has its own charm about it ,and i did have a good night sleep , the food was of good quilaity too with a vaired choice , i had a lamb shank it was first class and my partner had sea bass which was good too, the sweets were worth the wait . i have dined in some posh resturants and rowley can match them. the staff also were poilet. alan also was a top duty manager will be back again soon

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

we arrived to find we were the only residents that evening so got the chance to have a look round with a view to booking our wedding. we were booked into the delux four poster room which was lovely , bright and warm. we went to dinner and dined with candle light ,the food was outstanding and the the waiter (alan) looked after us . craig the manager had only been at the hotel a month but was very helpful and made us feel really welcome.nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff we met.
I have worked as a head house keeper for a number of years and vowed i wouldnt inspect but only when i tried to open the window ifound alot of dead flies on the window frame at this time of year when hotels are quiet deep cleaning is done so was shocked as the rest of the room and hotel seemed spotless. However i know by the rest of the hotel this must of been a one off and hasnt put me off booking my wedding but i will be checking them window frames .

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We stayed at Rowley as a Birthday Treat.
We arrived and were promptly attended to and very quickly served with drinks and snacks. We were shown to our room to unpack and freshen up.
The room was decorated in a Georgian theme. It was clean, fresh and prepared for our arrival exactly as i had specified on the telephone. The flowers i had specified in the room with balloons and special messages had been taken care of with great accuracy.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was heated.
We went down to be escorted to our table in a dining room that, I am sure was plucked straight from 200 years ago. It was perfect. Even the waiter reminded me of Jeeves. I think his name was Alan. A real gentleman with a calm manor. He waited on us hand and foot until the early hours of the morning. The service was first class and the fresh local food was perfect even down to the local lamb which was reared on the local farm.
We slept like babies and woke to a view to die for.
Breakfast was prompt and delicious.
I shall be recommending this venue to all my friends and collegues who want a peaceful stay with great food and your own Jeeves.
Five stars from me.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I went with my husband to a wedding here,and was impressed with the wedding arrangements,service and food served. However the accomodation... we were unfortunate enough to be allocated to room 10 and had not seen the previous review prior to going, but totally agree with the previous reviewer, this room is tired, bathroom grotty, and could do with a total refurbish. Other areas of hotel also looked a bit tired and could with decorating.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ellsSuffolk
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed at Rowley Manor for a friends wedding. Firstly I would like to say this is a lovely venue for a wedding as the grounds and main part of the house are stunning and the staff are very attentive. We did have a wonderful time and I can see why our friends chose it for their special day. What I am about to say next did not detract from what was a perfect wedding and is mainly why we didn't complain to the hotel.

Here comes the but!!!!! Rowley Manor really need to look at their accomodation as we found this to be well below par considering the prices they charge for the rooms! We paid £70 for one night for two people with breakfast included. This was a special wedding rate so normally you would pay more! We stayed in room 10 and all I can say is, well, don't basically!

When you walk into the room at first glance it looks ok, clean, tidy and a little old fashioned but it is a country house hotel so we expected it to be a little flowery. What we didn't expect was the bathroom! Well we expected a bathroom of course, but not the one we got!!! It was possibly the worst bathroom we have ever had in a hotel. The suite was a really old seventies olive green colour that wasn't very clean. There was a bath with a shower over, however the shower curtain (can't stand shower curtains!) was in totally the wrong place and left very little room to move. The bath had a really old mirror attached to the wall, where tiles normally are and was very dirty as were the tiles. There was awful wood chip wallpaper that had got so wet it was peeling off. It was just horrible to be honest. Made you feel dirty, even after a shower. Overall this bathroom really needs looking at as a priority in my view.

On a more positive note the bed was very comfortable and we did sleep very well, but we would not choose to stay overnight in this room again. I think possibly the rooms are a bit of a mixed bag as we spoke to others who's accomodation was a lot nicer. Also the bride and groom said that the "honeymoon" suite was lovely. Not sure if our room would normally be charged at the same price as the rest or if it was just because of the special wedding rate we all got. If it is I would choose a different room to get the most for your money.

I would also say that more staff are needed at breakfast as when we got down, no one was around to tell us where to go. Also the tables had not been cleared from previous occupants.

Overall I would say again that this hotel is a lovely setting for a wedding and we are still glad we stayed, however we were disappointed with the standard of accomodation.

I would still recommend as it's a lovely setting, just beware of room 10!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel
Premier Inn Beverley Town Centre Hotel

Been to Rowley Manor Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!