“Beautiful *****”

Rowley Manor Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Weighton
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We stayed at Rowley as a Birthday Treat.
We arrived and were promptly attended to and very quickly served with drinks and snacks. We were shown to our room to unpack and freshen up.
The room was decorated in a Georgian theme. It was clean, fresh and prepared for our arrival exactly as i had specified on the telephone. The flowers i had specified in the room with balloons and special messages had been taken care of with great accuracy.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was heated.
We went down to be escorted to our table in a dining room that, I am sure was plucked straight from 200 years ago. It was perfect. Even the waiter reminded me of Jeeves. I think his name was Alan. A real gentleman with a calm manor. He waited on us hand and foot until the early hours of the morning. The service was first class and the fresh local food was perfect even down to the local lamb which was reared on the local farm.
We slept like babies and woke to a view to die for.
Breakfast was prompt and delicious.
I shall be recommending this venue to all my friends and collegues who want a peaceful stay with great food and your own Jeeves.
Five stars from me.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Rowley Manor Country House Hotel

Reviewed September 6, 2009

I went with my husband to a wedding here,and was impressed with the wedding arrangements,service and food served. However the accomodation... we were unfortunate enough to be allocated to room 10 and had not seen the previous review prior to going, but totally agree with the previous reviewer, this room is tired, bathroom grotty, and could do with a total refurbish. Other areas of hotel also looked a bit tired and could with decorating.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ellsSuffolk
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed at Rowley Manor for a friends wedding. Firstly I would like to say this is a lovely venue for a wedding as the grounds and main part of the house are stunning and the staff are very attentive. We did have a wonderful time and I can see why our friends chose it for their special day. What I am about to say next did not detract from what was a perfect wedding and is mainly why we didn't complain to the hotel.

Here comes the but!!!!! Rowley Manor really need to look at their accomodation as we found this to be well below par considering the prices they charge for the rooms! We paid £70 for one night for two people with breakfast included. This was a special wedding rate so normally you would pay more! We stayed in room 10 and all I can say is, well, don't basically!

When you walk into the room at first glance it looks ok, clean, tidy and a little old fashioned but it is a country house hotel so we expected it to be a little flowery. What we didn't expect was the bathroom! Well we expected a bathroom of course, but not the one we got!!! It was possibly the worst bathroom we have ever had in a hotel. The suite was a really old seventies olive green colour that wasn't very clean. There was a bath with a shower over, however the shower curtain (can't stand shower curtains!) was in totally the wrong place and left very little room to move. The bath had a really old mirror attached to the wall, where tiles normally are and was very dirty as were the tiles. There was awful wood chip wallpaper that had got so wet it was peeling off. It was just horrible to be honest. Made you feel dirty, even after a shower. Overall this bathroom really needs looking at as a priority in my view.

On a more positive note the bed was very comfortable and we did sleep very well, but we would not choose to stay overnight in this room again. I think possibly the rooms are a bit of a mixed bag as we spoke to others who's accomodation was a lot nicer. Also the bride and groom said that the "honeymoon" suite was lovely. Not sure if our room would normally be charged at the same price as the rest or if it was just because of the special wedding rate we all got. If it is I would choose a different room to get the most for your money.

I would also say that more staff are needed at breakfast as when we got down, no one was around to tell us where to go. Also the tables had not been cleared from previous occupants.

Overall I would say again that this hotel is a lovely setting for a wedding and we are still glad we stayed, however we were disappointed with the standard of accomodation.

I would still recommend as it's a lovely setting, just beware of room 10!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lellyHull
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I attended a wedding and stayed here for two nights.

The manor is set in a very tranquil location and is all very peacful except for the resident peacock, who liked to squawk just as you were dropping off to sleep!

The hotel reception areas and bar and grounds are lovely, it's quite a small place, so other than the lack of dance floor it was a nice place for a wedding as you could spread out (as the bar is separate) but it still seems like the whole wedding party is together.
Although I say there was no dance floor (that I saw) we did manage to have a celidh (scottish/irish/something or other dancing) in the main room on the carpet, but there was no where near enough room for everyone to get up.

We stayed in room 11, and as the whole hotel was booked out with the wedding party (there are 16 rooms) we found the rooms were quite a mixed bag.

Its a bit of a maze to find the rooms as there are so many doors, and our room was on the top floor up quite a steep narrow stair case. This wasn't too bad, but not great in heels and I was slightly worried how we'd get out if there was a fire!

Our room was reasonably nice, but a bit worn! It looked newly decorated, but in a quite old fashioned way, and had an old style wardrobe and cabinates. There were old wooden windows which you had to wedge at an angle to stay open and I think would probably have let in the wind in the winter!

The bathroom was strange, there was loads of room for the sink and toilet but there was a shower and it was behind the door, it was tiny..! There would have been no way anyone with quite a large build would be able to wash in their as I am quite petite and I was struggling with banging my elbows on the walls!! Also you couldn't turn off the heated towel rail, so the bathroom door remained firmly closed and the window wide open as it was a warm weekend and was like a sauna in there. (we actually asked at reception how to turn it off and he couldnt)

The room it's self was very clean, except they seemed to have forgotten to clean under the bed!

Unfortunately the bed was a problem.. on our first night as we were getting ready for bed, I pulled back the sheets and there were bits of tissue stuck to the bottom sheet, it must have gone through the wash with some tissues. I went down to the reception where the night porter was on and asked for a new sheet.. he was very appologetic and we both went to the store cupboard, unfortunately he didn't really know where to look so he pulled out lots of things until we found a double sheet, he then came up to our room and had a look at the tissue and we gave him that sheet which he wanted to show the manager, and my husband and I put the new ones one.
Once we got into the bed we realised the mattress had practically had it.. we both rolled together and you could feel EVERY spring, we got around 2 hours sleep and when I got up I had marks all down my back because of the springs! It would have been morn comfortable sleeping on the floor!

I complained to the reception in the morning as I didnt see any point that night because all the other rooms were full and I don't think the night porter would have been able to do anything, they were very very appologetic and they changed our matress for us and the house keeper came and appologised.

The new matress was much much better, but had still seen better days and wasn't the most comfortable, but we could sleep on it!

We were given the first night free, no questions asked, he said as they didn't get it right he didn't think we should pay for it.. so top marks there! But at £75 a night (and that was discounted for the wedding) it really wasn't worth the amount they charged!

Even though our bed was bad, the bride and groom said their bed was lovely, along with their parents.. so it seems as if they may only have a few bad ones..

The price included breakfast, which is served as a small buffet, you get cerial and a fried breakfast. On neither of the mornings did we manage to get a hot cup of tea as they seemed very under staffed and never bought us a pot.. apparently they had had a few people leave recently..

A few tips/recommendations;
1. Do not park under the trees otherwise the peacock will make a right mess of your car (we had to go straight to a car wash)
2. About 10 mins walk down the road in Little Weighton is a chocolateers with a cafe, its on a camp site and does a nice cuppa and sells gorgeous chocolate!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BexAnn
Reviewed January 18, 2007

Rowley Manor is one of the most individual and spectacular country house hotels I have ever stayed in. Myself and my family had only intended on staying in Rowley Manor for one night, but found ourselves staying there for three nights. Rowley is situated on beatiful grounds and only a short walk from a church. Rowley Manor is only 15 minutes in the car from the Gorgeous Town of beverly, and is only 35 minutes from York. Our food at Rowley Manor was fantastic, all four courses sent my taste buds out of control! The menu has the classic British lunches, aswell as lots of other alternatives, the menu changes every day. The service was very fast and effective, and the staff are very friendlu, children are also welcome.The room we stayed in was very comfortable, and had a great few of the grounds, I had a quick look around some of the rooms and each was individual with a few. I strongly recommend Rowley Manor for any occation, and they have great new meals on holidays, like easter sunday. Rowley Manor also holds lots of weddings so remeber to book!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 2, 2007

This is a manor house hotel in the village outskirts of Little Weighton, in East Yorkshire. From the actual village the venue is well sign posted with brown "attraction/venue" raodsigns provided by the highways agency, so despit t being n the very edge of a small rural village it was easy to get to.

The hotel looked lovely both inside and outside and was well maintained and kept to period features. I recall stone steps up the front entrance but I feel a ramp would be provided for any wheelchair users to acess the building, but all the rooms were up a flight of dog-leg stairs so you would struggle for overnight stay access if you were unable to walk up.

The staff in house were very friendly and helpful, although not the most cheerful or effecient on the front desk, you couldn't cal them too slow either.

The room was lovely. We stayed in room 1 -the "hoenymoon suite" so expected nothing less. It was very spacious and the corner bath and his and hers sinks were a nice surprise, however the toilet was soiled from previous occupants!

Remember to turn the radiators on as they were left turned off and it was a bit nippy to begin with. There was no mini bar either, but the tea making facilites were as standard.

The food served was a little small on the portion side for people with larger appetites, but was good value for money and was very good quality. I can't comment on the breakfast as I chose not to eat it, but there looked to be a good choice and it was served at a good time of 7am - 10 am.

Views were lovely from our room and we were not overlooked in any one of our windows. The furnishings were wll kept and of high quality and the bed covers were comfy as was the bed.

I wouls recommend this venue for anyone practically, especially those considering an Hotel for an occaision as the staff were attentive and the bar stayed open until residents didnt require it.

I would visit again if I needed to stay in the area.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
Hallmark Hotel Hull
Hallmark Hotel Hull
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
Premier Inn Beverley Town Centre Hotel

Been to Rowley Manor Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!