“Great value romantic break”

Rowley Manor Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Weighton
Reviewed March 12, 2014

When we arrived on Sunday afternoon the place was busy with Sunday diners which boded well for the food. The evening meal certainly lived up to expectations and the cosy bar was perfect for a pre-dinner drink and after-dinner coffee. We paid the £10 to upgrade to a 4-poster bed - we were in room 4 which had a lovely ambience and a great aspect overlooking the gardens. The bed itself although beautifully authentic was on the small side, however everything else in the room was perfect. Breakfast the next morning was slightly disappointing, particularly after such an excellent evening meal - the choice was limited and I can't get my head round how American hash browns can be considered part of a "traditional English breakfast"!! The service throughout our stay was of a high standard and all staff were warm and welcoming. All in all a lovely stay.

Room Tip: If you're a 6 footer or like a bit of space between you in the bed, may be best avoiding room 4!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had a two night break at rowley manor hotel with our friends and absolutely enjoyed every minute.We stayed dinner, bed and breakfast. The staff are warm welcoming and could not do enough for you. The food was excellent and the service was second to none.We visited Beverly which is a nice market town and is in easy reach of the hotel.I can recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice relaxing fulfilling break.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2014

As always a warm welcome, lovely bedroom (we always choose a four poster room),comfortable bed, delicious food, warm welcoming bar area - for us the perfect evening away. It is an old building with all the problems they incur, it is quirky, yes there are potholes but the Rowley Manor experience is one we treasure and look forward to the next one.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

As two couples,this was a return visit to Rowley.

The hotel is so warm and welcoming and the staff make every effort to fulfill any requests.
The hotel has the added advantage of 'hands on' ownership, checking that everything is satisfactory and also listening to any small comments that could improve your experience when staying in this lovely place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My initial impression was not good; as I walked towards reception pulling a case and being followed by my teenage daughter on crutches and with her bag slung over her back the person behind reception looked at me and walked into the back office and then came back and asked if I was checking in?! I replied yes and was then told to complete the registration form. (I must add at this point, that if I was not attending the wedding and it was a week-end break I would have turned around and gone elsewhere...) No welcome, no chit-chat about the wedding. He then handed me the key and told me it was on the third floor and looked at my daughter and said "there isn't a lift you will have to walk up the stairs" Again, no apology, no offer to help my daughter with her bag. I must say that this man's "offhandedness" was the only negative incident of the wedding apart from the walk up the dog leg stairs to the top floor and the awful bathroom. However as it was only one night we were able to cope. As the room was booked by the bridal party I could not choose my room, but as per another guests review do not choose the top floor. The other rooms on the second floor were gorgeous especially the bridal suite with a fabulous four poster bed.

The manor house is set in beautiful grounds and the panelling all around is lovely and very in keeping with the period of the house. The bar is a lovely room and had a glorious real fire burning and the sofas were soft and comfortable.

The setting for the wedding was beautiful and the room was dressed to perfection. The food was delicious and nicely presented.

We also had a good nights sleep in very comfortable beds. The "Yorkshire Breakfast" was delicious; perfect eggs, bacon and mushrooms but being a Lincolnshire Yellow Belly I thought the sausages were tasteless and think that the sausages should be imported from Lincolnshire!!

I would also agree with another reviewer that the potholes on the private road leading to the manor house need repairing as I have a small car and struggled to avoid a few of the holes!

So a beautiful setting, lovely tasty food and a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed (although a bit of a trek to get to the top floor) which would have rated excellent if it were not for the lack of customer service by the receptionist on our arrival.

PS I did not quite get the pantomime / theatre posters around the manor house - quite out of keeping with the period and style of the place, but I guess that must be the owners personality showing through...

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the top floor!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NiceNise
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was our first visit to this lovely old worldly hotel with lots of character. As we were late booking, our room was small, but this was told to us before hand. Although small the room was beautifully furnished and we found it very clean and comfortable. The Valentine's meal was cooked to perfection and the dining room had been decorated to give a romantic feel to the evening. Service was superb, all staff were helpful and obliging. Unfortunately due to adverse weather we has a power cut in our room, no fault of the hotel staff, it did not take anything away from what was a lovely Valentine's stay. One negative with the hotel is the private access road which has many dangerous potholes that could cause car/tyre damage.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed here one night with Afternoon Tea/Dinner/Breakfast. The staff all so cheerful and helpful. Aft tea excellent value for money at just £20 per couple, including a glass of Cava. Evening meal superb. Presentation 10 out 10. Then relax by an open fire whilst sipping a superb liquer coffee. Lovely bedroom, very spacious with 4 poster. Breakfast following morning sets you up for the day. Stay here and you will not be disappointed. Such a change from "chain" hotels .... so individual; decorations quite quirky which all adds to the charm.

1  Thank garner
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
Village Hotel Club Hull
Village Hotel Club Hull
#4 of 20 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Rowley Manor Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!