“Lovely stay at the Manor”

Rowley Manor Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Weighton
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay at the Manor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with our 4 year old daughter. The room was adequate even with a fold up bed in with the double bed. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the food was excellent. They catered for all our needs and our daughter loved watching the peacocks while we were having our meal. The grounds are lovely and the old church next door is worth a look. Thanks for a relaxing stay, hope to come again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MichelleR1973

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

A delightful hotel in lovely surroundings with old world charm. Beware the pot holes in the drive but after that relax and enjoy your stay. The hotel if you read the website is all about weddings but it has far more to offer than that even though there was a wedding in progress as we booked in midweek! In many hotels when a wedding or other event is taking place there is always that tension between leisure and event guests but not here . The hotel is big enough and the function rooms spacious enough for everyone involved to enjoy their stay.
There are still many original features in the building which show its 400 year history yet it has every modern day convenience. The staff in the main are friendly ,welcoming and attentive.

Room Tip: Again a hotel over 3 floors with no lift but staff available to help with luggage if you need assist...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gavin P
Hull
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was booked for my parents as my father has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and so my brother sister and myself wanted them to have a quality break together while he was still relatively well. We booked for my them to stay for one night with a Groupon Voucher which included Dinner Bed and Breakfast (£89). My parents decided to pay for a further night BEFORE THEY WENT to make it more of a break at a cost of £77. What a mistake!!!!!

Upon arrival it looked shabby with a very poor approach with pot holes in the road. The accommodation itself with the exception of the dining room was very old, tired and very disappointing to say the least.

My parents were shown to their room which was up a very narrow steep staircase at the top of the house. The room was disgusting. \Not only was it very small but the decor was very old and tired looking. The bathroom was very old as well. The following morning my mother complained about the room. She was not questioned as to why she wanted to move or what the problem was with the room, the receptionist just accepted what she said. The room they were moved to was equally as bad.

On the first night at dinner my father asked if on the second night as they were having A la carte and paying for an evening meal, if it would be possible for them to get him a steak in for his evening dinner. They replied no they couldn't!!! My father was disappointed at this as he loves his steak.

The following morning they checked out straight after breakfast with no question as to had they had a nice time.

To top it all, my parents came to see me as I live nearby on their morning of departure. My mother showed me her back and legs. I was horrified to see what definitely looked like flea bites or bed bugs! The infected area was red and itchy. The itch was irritating and constant and looked so sore. They openly said they felt dirty after staying there and that they wished they had never gone!!!

I rang the hotel and spoke to the manager (Paul) about my concerns. At the time of my call there was a wedding party there and he was very abrupt with me and reluctantly took my message with the promise of calling me the following day. The call never happened so I called him back. He was very condescending calling me "madam" the whole time. He asked me for proof of these bites in the form of photographs and also wanted me to get confirmation from my mothers GP that they were indeed bed bugs! He said he would then get Environmental Health Office in to check out our complaint. Of course, this was something I was not prepared to put my mother through and by this time, they were beginning to disappear with the medication the GP had given her.

After being asked my the manager "what do you propose I do about this madam", I told him I wanted a full refund for my parents. He said that this was not possible as the proprietor wanted "proof"!! I asked to speak to the proprietor but he said this was not possible as they were away on holiday. I asked for them to ring me upon their return for me to discuss with them what happened. The call never came.

It seems that this establishment has no customer care whatsoever; nor does it seem to have any worries regarding people complaining about their stay. The fact that the manager makes no attempt to reply to peoples complaints on trip advisor, to me, says it all about him and the establishment he so called manages!!!

Take my advice and do not, under any circumstances, stay at this hotel!!!! Its like faulty towers!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank jules231
doncaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just had four nights at rowley court, it was a birthday outing for 8 of us, food excellant, as were the staff, beautiful grounds, lovely setting, the rooms were also very nice, plenty of room, very comfortable, no complaints at all, only praise, thank you for a great break, nothing was too much trouble. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Best is low number rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Stafford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

On arrival we were greeted with we were to be upgraded into a better room for the first two nights of our three night stay. The upgraded room was average, with a decent bed, but a mix of furniture with a large, heavy chair pushed up to the wardrobe that denied access. The restaurant was so much better. Very nicely decorated and the food was very good. Both choice and quality were very acceptable throughout. We were then moved to our other bedroom for the last night. It was so small it was ridiculous. The space at the foot of the bed to the wall was totally inadequate, and my wife and I both had great difficulty in moving around the room. The staff were very friendly and courteous throughout our stay. It was a pity that such great food, and friendly staffing was badly let down by the accommodation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank spitfire1937
Bury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night break here and for many reasons this review is very positive and I'd rate it 4.5 stars if I could. It wasn't "excellent" but it was certainly very, very good and the friendliness of the staff was what really helped to make this so.

An especial thanks to Jason who was extremely helpful and pleasant and to the Maitre D on the first night who kept us amused whilst taking our dinner order.

We had booked one of the 4 poster rooms and this was a spacious, comfortable and clean room. My wife did wonder if she would need some steps to be able to climb up onto the bed, as it did look a little high but she managed without the need for crampons or pulleys, just. Unfortunately whilst the bed was reasonably comfortable it did creak a little which had an effect on our sleep quality but that might also be as it was still very warm and with no air conditioning, the room was a bit muggy.

We had booked a 2 night break with DB&B and were offered a glass of bubbly and olives on both nights, gratis. Whilst the dinner menu was not extensive, it was nicely prepared and very tasty and the wine that we chose to accompany both dinners was good value for money.

The breakfast choice was quite reasonable, not an extensive buffet but a choice of cereals, juices, some melon, croissants, pastries and the proverbial cooked options and it was very nice as well.

Neither of us had really explored this area so decided to meander via the smaller roads towards Scarborough where we spent a pleasant few hours strolling round the town and the promenade and then followed the coast road to Bridlington and Hornsea before heading back with a brief stop for a pint of real ale at the Black Horse in Little Weighton, which looked like somewhere to try for a meal next time we're in the area.

The grounds are quite extensive and we saw a peacock and peahen wandering around at one point, and thanks to the pleasant weather, it was nice to be sat in the garden enjoying our pre dinner bubbly on the first night.

Only downside is this hotel is a little isolated from anywhere, roughly a mile to Little Weighton from the hotel but if you want a relaxing break with good, friendly service then I'd certainly recommend Rowley Manor.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 4 on the first floor, which overlooked the countryside and was directly at the top...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank prefdavid
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Rowley Manor earlier this year and I must admit I wasn't too impressed.
My husband and I decided to give the hotel another try when we saw an offer through Travel zoo.
During our stay we got talking to the new head chef that the hotel have appointed recently and you can definitely notice the change. Both of our meals could not be faulted at all and were truly delicious.
Whilst the rooms are still slightly tired looking, our room was very clean and spacious and had beautiful views.
My husband and I have been converted and will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed August 2013
Hallmark Hotel Hull
Hallmark Hotel Hull
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel

Been to Rowley Manor Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!