“Fantasic food and lovely atmosphere!”
Review of The Black Horse

The Black Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Black Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have eaten here a number of times and have loved every meal so decided to have a family meal here. Even though it is a small pub all 14 of us were very comfortuble and well looked after. Everyone enjoyed the food and we all had a very good evening. All our requirements were catered for and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting freshly cooked delicious food in a warm pub environment.

MicaelaBHLW, Owner at The Black Horse, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review for us. We are delighted you enjoyed your evening and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Decided to try this pub after reading other reviews...so glad I did...what a pleasure...made to feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble...the food was amazing...so much better than your normal pub grub...all fresh and very tasty...can't recommend this place enough give it a try you won't regret it...and as for ...the idiot who wrote a 'poor review'...how can you review somewhere that's shut???...I really think trip advisor should be taking these reviews off...why should someones reputation be tarnished because of a fool!...sorry...rant over...I really urge you to give this place a try and make this little gem even more of a success!

MicaelaBHLW, Owner at The Black Horse, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thankyou :D

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were on holiday from Edinburgh and stumbled accross this place whilst out for a drive and decided to give it a try for dinner which turned out to be an excellent choice, the staff were very friendly and the food was first class. Would definitely recommend this restaurant it is well worth a visit.

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We are from North Warwickshire and visiting East Yorkshire for the weekend. After some research on Trip Advisor I decided to book a meal in the Black Horse for our first night here. All I can say is what a good decision by me! Everything was outstanding from the moment we walked in the door. Everyone was lovely, very friendly and welcoming. Despite being busy, we didn't have to wait long for our table - although we're on holiday so I wouldn't have minded waiting longer - we weren't in any rush! Our meal was fantastic, I had the fish cakes and my husband had the steak. He is away a lot with his job and he said he doesn't think he has had such a good meal in a long time - a compliment in itself. I would recommend this homely pub to anyone and I couldn't fault it. Thanks Micaela for making us feel so welcome.

2  Thank SamCoventry
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I have been patronising this pub and its 'restaurant' for several months now, and have never been disappointed with either the food or the service. What does surprise us is that it is taking so long for people living within the area to cotton on to what is such a fantastic place they have acces to! The licensee has recently started doing pub lunches (Wednesday to Saturday 12-3 p.m.) for 2 for £10. This is really and truly a "giveaway" . The food is not just good, it is superb. We recently entertained two friends (who don't live in the area )for lunch and they were so impresed they sent us an email saying how much they had enjoyed the food and the hospitable staff. The evening meals are equally delicious and very good value for money..

MicaelaBHLW, Owner at The Black Horse, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Your continued support is most appreciated and I was touched to read your review. All the expensive advertising in the world isn't as valuable as good word of mouth. I look forward to seeing you and Mrs Wilson again soon and thanking you in person.

Kind regards