“Raw food weekend break”

Middle Piccadilly Rural Retreat
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holwell
Middle Piccadilly Rural Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Holwell B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Booked a weekend break to Middle Piccadilly end of Nov 2011. Wanted somewhere to relax, run and eat some amazing raw food. Definitely ticks all the boxes. Had a fantastic room with the most comfiest bed, nice chill out area to kick back with a book and unwind, also got breakfast, lunch and tea included - fully prepared raw food. The food in itself was amazing without the fantastic surroundings and facility. The food was varied, well presented and very flavoursome. With every meal you had a freshly prepared juice, raw crackers, lovely dips and to top it off in the evening a very delicious dessert!! The plan was to eat raw, run and recharge the batteries. If you wish you can have treatments but I chose not to this time. I would definitely go back, you learn so much about the raw food and it gives you great ideas on what to make at home and how easy it really is if you have the know how and equipment.

Dominic's knowledge on raw food and what flavours work together are fantastic, all the family were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. They left you to get on with what you wanted to do but were on hand should you need anything.

There is also an amazing meditation/yoga facility you can use to. Brilliant surroundings for running and cracking some hills to :)

Meeting Dominic and his family goes to show how incorporating raw, yoga/meditation in to your life can be of great benefit to your well being. We all need to de-stress and take time for ourselves and this is what you get here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank laura b

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed at middle piccadilly with my daughter for a mini break and some pampering. We had an amazing time and certainly felt relaxed. Dominic and Lisa are a lovely couple and were very welcoming. The treatments were 5 star and the food was delicious. Would definitely reccommend to anyone looking for a relaxing spa break. Set in beautiful countryside with a rustic feel. Planning to visit again

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2011

My second trip to Middle Piccadilly was perhaps more sociable but no less relaxing and enjoyable than my first, back in 2005. Why did I wait so long? Maybe only because of the travelling time from the North East but that will be no hindrance in future. Last time I stayed in a room in the original building which is no longer in use following the refurb. My room this time was smaller, but quiet and clean with a very comfortable bed. Food was plentiful and delicious, treatments were thorough and relaxing, with expert staff. No pressure to do anything other than "be". If you need time to refocus, re-energise and get away from the ever-present technology, this is where you should go.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Having read some of the reviews on here, I was a little wary and unsure of what to expect. However, I came away relaxed, content and as though I'd been away for a week rather than two nights. This is like a countryside home from home, a real retreat into the quiet, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The assumption is that people come to get away from it all, so no-one is 'in your face', however all the staff were friendly and welcoming and available for a chat. As a non-veggie, I was blown away by the cuisine, which was delicious and freshly home-made. The room was simple, yet clean and extremely comfortable with tea and coffee facilities, and a bathroom so close it was like having an en-suite. I chose not to have any treatments, except a lovely mud bath, and I had no sense that this was a problem at all.
In short, I really felt cared for, and yet respected for my decision to be quiet and alone. In response to the latest review I saw on this site, I would have to say 'NO, this is not the Middle Piccadilly you visited!'

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank fionacrawf
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Just to update my reviews from previous stays, this is my third trip this year, and MP remains my favourite getaway to really destress and give some time to myself! The rooms are being gradually refurbished, the food remains excellent and Dom and Lisa are as welcoming as ever. One of the things I love about MP is the unobtrusiveness of the staff - the idea is to really make yourself at home, and it is almost impossible to get a phone signal! The therapists are really excellent, tailoring the therapy to my needs and really listening to me. This is no plushy, glossy conveyor belt, but a truly unique place. I think it is simply magical!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank SouthLondonJane
Reviewed September 19, 2010

This was my first visit to Middle Piccadilly and I was VERY impressed. Dom and Lisa are very friendly and accommodating. Their children, when you do see them, are very polite and friendly.
The food was fantastic and there was plenty of food. The Nut Roast was the best I had ever tasted!
The treatments are offered with excellent care, due and diligence, with the personal touch and thought added. There was never a feeling of being rushed or being treated on a conveyor belt.
The rooms are in line with the whole experience of Middle Piccadilly, and for one, I will be returning on a regular basis with my friends.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank LittleLisa66
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I have just returned from my second 3 night stay this year. If you want excellent food, excellent therapists, interesting company and a relaxed, homely atmosphere, this is the place for you! The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the atmosphere welcoming and informal. This is not a plushy, glitzy spa, but a place where the therapies offered are taken very seriously, and each guest is treated as an individual. As a result, some sessions do overrun, but this is a place to get away from clock watching, to chill out and just be. You are encouraged to rest after each treatment and the staff are warm, friendly and unobtrusive. I just love it and I would go back tomorrow if I didn't have to go back to work!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Middle Piccadilly Rural Retreat? Share your experiences!