This was our third stay at KCC. The location is great and within easy reach of Swanage and Studland Bay. We stayed for four nights in Carpenters 4. The room was not really up to standard. The floor lamp shade was ripped, the extractor fan in the bathroom did not work and dust and bird droppings kept on falling out of it into the bath. The hot water was insufficient and ran out before there was 2 inches in the bath. Probably this was just as well as the sealant around the bath had come away leaving a gap for water to seep down. There was a small flat screen TV in the room but the signal was bad and cut out every so often. Although we are a family of three, there were only 2 cups (one with a visible crack) and 2 glasses. The bedroom area was adequate but the windows clearly has not been cleaned in a long time and were cloudy with grim. The sheets had a musty damp smell and the mattress was uncomfortable and made a noise every time you moved. Although we wrote a note about our concerns (there was never anyone at reception) no one apologized or did anything. When we finally did speak to the manager she said that another extractor fan had been ordered and that she would have a look at it - but still no apology!
The breakfast were good and plentiful. However, the breakfast room needs a good clean as there were dead flies on the window ledges!
It is a great shame that attention to detail let KCC down. There seem to be too few staff doing too many jobs! Our experiences on previous occasions were better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingston Country Courtyard has been established for many years now, having started in one bedroom of the busy farmer’s Purbeck stone farmhouse. Subsequent years have seen the incorporation of the buildings into what you see today.As well as traditional farmhouse accommodation, Kingston Country Courtyard offers a variety of apartments and suites in tastefully converted Purbeck stone. Furnished to a very high standard and offering the comforts of modern living, they retain much of their original character and charm. Kingston Country Courtyard is situated in the heart of the Purbecks, which, at the eastern end of the Jurassic coast world heritage site, provides an abundance of activities and attractions. A short walk takes you to the Dorset Coastal Path that meanders from Shell Bay to Lulworth Cove and the famous Durdle Door - a dramatic coastline offering an outstanding variety of scenery. Popular local attractions include the 10th-century Corfe Castle - one of the most impressive mediaeval ruins in England; the nature and wildlife reserves of Brownsea Island, Durleston Country Park, the RSPB reserve at Arne, and the marine reserve at Kimmeridge Bay. You can step back to the steam age with the Swanage railway, visit the world famous Tank Museum at Bovington, and the nearby Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre at Wool, or visit the Lytchett Minster Courtyard Craft Centre. Golf, walking, watersports, riding, bicycling, cliff climbing, leisurely pub meals...the list is endless! Or simply relax on the golden sands of Studland Bay and watch the world go by! Kingston Country Courtyard offers a wide and flexible arrangement of accommodation to suit all needs. Whether you require a self-catered family accommodation or fully serviced rooms (twin, double or suite) we can provide them. All rooms feature en-suite facilities (either bath or shower) and all have colour TV and tea and coffee making facilities. Irons and hair dryers are available on request, and fresh towels are provided. Access to free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Kingston Country Courtyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Country Courtyard Hotel Kingston
- Courtyard Dorset
- Dorset Courtyard
- Kingston Country Courtyard Dorset