“Worth a stop”
Review of Zdrava Voda

Zdrava Voda
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Jablanica
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stopped at the Zdrava Voda on our way to Mostar on advice of a friend. We ordered the house soup and the lamb. Soup was luke warm, but tasty. the lamb was super. Restaurant overall was nicely decorated and the service was good. Overall, if you are traveling between Mostar and Sarajevo, the Zdrava Voda is worth the stop.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We thought the lamb would be good as
It seemed like a lamb restaurant. The dish that came was cold and tough. The waiter did not speak english and we could not communicate. Sorry that we spent time there.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Skender, our personal tour guide, stopped here on the way to Sarajevo from Mostar and ordered many different dishes for us. the ones that stood out the most was the lamb, the best I have ever tasted, scrumptious bread and kaymak. Kaymak is a cross between butter and cheese which should be obligatory at every meal. It is that good!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Jablanica is known for the large number of eating establishments that have prepare roast lamb on spits rotating over hot coals. Given my experiences, I see no reason why anyone should choose this restaurant.

First up, even by BiH standards, service was inefficient, indifferent and surly. Tho they quickly found the best English speaker on the premises to take the order, once our food had been delivered, no one bothered us again to find out if we needed/wanted anything else even tho the restaurant was virtually empty and there were around half a dozen waiters hanging around the bar area.

For my starter, I selected the domaća juha (home-made soup) which I was told was chicken. In fact it was chicken noodle soup, the like of which I hadn't tasted for over 30 years, not because it brought back fond memories of my old grandmother's home recipes but because it came straight out of a packet and still tasted cheap and nasty.

Even tho I never eat lamb, so highly recommended was the local dish that I had to try it. I wish I hadn't as the next day I was violently ill and nearly lost 1 of the 2 days set aside for Sarajevo. Driving into an unfamiliar and chaotic city in unpredictable control of your bodily functions is not one of the great holiday experiences.

For the avoidance of doubt, the day of the evening I ate at ZV, I ate nothing other than the soup and the lamb and the attack started during the night. Furthermore, my partner had the fish and she wasn't ill, so there is no question in my mind that this restaurant was the cause of my illness. These spits are turning all day long so perhaps meat doesn't travel directly from spit to plate but sits around in an oven on low heat during the day until it is needed, thereby creating ideal conditions for bugs to thrive. Alternatively, the meat is only partially cooked on the BBQ and then finished off when needed in the oven. That might explain why the roast potatoes appeared to have been cooked in lamb fat.

Whatever the explanation, take care, the taste ain't so special that it is worth wasting a day or more of your precious holiday!

3  Thank Phileas_Flogg
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've eaten here a few times during the last few years and the food and service have always been excellent. It's located on the road between Mostar and Sarajevo, overlooking the very beautiful Neretva river. There's a good selection of regional dishes (menu in Bosnian, German and English) such as ćevapi and janjeće pečenje (spit roasted lamb) and fish.

The service is friendly, quick and efficient and the prices are very reasonable and the food is very, very good.

If the weather is good, there are some tables outside.