Hacienda Uayamon, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Uayamon
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Campeche
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We did stay recently at this hotel, we are a young family of 4 , (including a 7 month old baby) , and all I can say is that it was just the perfect getaway , you will enjoy of a secluded place full of history, I can not describe well how the staff worked in order to make us feel special. Food was one of the best I had in Mexico (all 3 days) and the romantic dinner setting was impressive (for an extra cost they will arrange a table under the huge (Maya/Ceiba tree) it was awesome.
The only thing is that Wifi was not working properly (as expected from a remote site like this).
Amazing "postal like" surrounding , good food , excellent services makes this Hacienda one of our favourites, we had the opportunity of visiting sister property (Temozon) and would rather this ....

1  Thank Yrosas

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

The antique decayed buildings are a photographers dream.
The rooms can be rather humid though.
The restaurant serves excellent local quality with a twist!
The service is lovely!
Long drive, but then reach a lost paradise, out of a movie set.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank xoxmi
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a group reservation for 20 people at 3 pm at the hotel's restaurant. When we got there there wasn't any table set up for us. We had to wait 2 hrs to get a table and then the servers took ages in bringing the food. I started eating just when everyone was already having dessert!!!

The high quality service of a luxury hotel and restaurant was clearly not included!!!!

1  Thank famezde
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We didn't have a room, but we dropped by to look at the hotel and get some drinks.
It really is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen, the place has awesome gardens, and there are some ruins of the hacienda that were destroyed in a fire that give it a special feeling.
It is an expensive boutique hotel, but in my opinion, if you have the money it is totally worth it.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I have had the most amazing traveling adventure the past few months during our "wanderlust sabbatical", Hacienda Uayamon is by FAR, one of the most magical places I have EVER experienced..What an INCREDIBLE place, located just outside of Campeche,MX..This was to be our last "splurge" before we went into "budget mode". We spent 2, AMAZING, romantic, peaceful nights, after our long journey driving across the country of Mexico from Puerto Vallarta, to Progreso before we "settled" in our beach casita for the next few months.. I had researched and planned for a few weeks before we started our week long Mexican road trip, made it so the 2nd to last day of our final destination, which was our longest driving day
(11 hrs- turned into 17 because of road closures) I had planned 2 nights for us to simply chill, and relax here before our final day of driving- a short, 4 hr drive to Progreso .. We arrived at 12:20 AM
(yep..just before 01:00 AM!!), and were greeted with the most WARM welcome. We couldn't believe our EYES when we drove up the long, well lit and landscaped path to this GORGEOUS place..it was like a dream, a beautiful dream, seeing the MOST BEAUTIFUL Cieba tree (tree of Life) lending it's magnificence to the BEAUTIFUL Hacienda (well restored) structure beautifully lit, and beckoning us to RELAX in this glorious splendor. There were a million stars, and after the weary day, we could FEEL that disappear...We were escorted down a long, well lit path to our "suite".. I thought it would be a small room inside this place.. but NO.. it was JAW DROPPING...it was formerly the Hacienda's hospital, from the 1800's, fully restored and was creatively designed to house just 2, VERY spacious, private, well decorated and authentically furnished suites. The bed had the finest linens, as did the bathroom & shower, with 5 star bath products. There was bug repellent ( all natural) as well as a full stocked mini bar, and WiFi. ( Old, meets New) There was a HUGE Plasma TV, ( we never once turned it on) but it is there, if wanted. I-pod docking station, comfy robes, and then there is the OUTSIDE private area, with a HUGE lounging couch, under a wooded gazebo type structure, with ceiling fan,and subtle lighting, to relax on anytime.. there was also an outdoor plunge pool, beautifully set right outside the shower area. Large, dark wooden window type shutters, floor to ceiling made it DARK when closed, which was nice, as we were REALLY looking forward to sleeping in ;-) We booked the 2 night romance package, which included a bottle of wine, all breakfasts, and, the most AMAZING part..a special dinner for 2.The daily breakfasts, were extraordinarily traditional, complete with homemade sweet breads, and various flavoured butters, and the most spicy, delicious versions of 2 different chili sauces ( I LOVED the green). Huevos Rancheros, were authentic, and well presented, with refried black beans, and served with plantains... The juices, fresh squeezed.. and the coffee,= world class. EXCELLENT service all around. Now, for my thoughts on the ultimate dinner. We have been all over the world, and have had some of the finest meals, in the most amazing locations, and settings. THIS particular meal, and SETTING (under the Cieba tree, across from the oldest part of the hacienda arched structure) with a fire torch, lantern lined pathway, to our table..complete decorated with flower petals...the waiter, then went to a triangle wood pile, and lit it as we sat.. what a beautiful blaze it created the most incredible lighting with the arched structure in the background, our dinner with a view.., the fires were not only welcoming, and GORGEOUS, but also very effective with keeping any unwanted bugs away..The dinner meal was outstanding. BY FAR, the BEST Filet steak I have EVER had in Mexico, HUGE portion, cooked to perfection, Black and Blue. My husband had the Fish (catch of the day- was uber fresh, being just outside of Campeche') It was a 4 course meal, we had very little space for the desert. We felt like we were the only 2 in the world, with the BEST, most attentive 5 star service..I simply can't PAY enough compliments about this meal, the time and preparation that went into it, just for the 2 of us. To say "perfection", even that word, does not do this meal, service, and setting justice..The next day we walked the grounds and took literally HUNDREDS of pictures. I took video footage which I am putting on YouTube, because you have to see it to believe it. The birds, and wildlife were abundant, as were the awesome grounds, and flora and fauna, from Lotus blossoms , to all the staghorn airplants, and HUGE trees and vines throughout the vast property, you will be certain to find something that inspires you to take a picture, or paint, or write, to simply bask in the VIBE, and HISTORY of this place, and then appreciate the renovation process as well. The POOL, is BEAUTIFUL, almost Grecian style. It makes you feel like you are in another time...completely unique, and like no other pool I have ever seen. It is set inside beautifully aged, vined walls, complete with old columns, and pillars, surrounded with arches, leading outside to a water lily pool.. Their lounge chairs inviting with the plushest white towels, and a complete shower and changing room after your dip. They have bicycles for you to ride the property, and strolling, exploring the many structures, old, and renovated, was just as captivating. We enjoyed every blissful moment, all the staff we met, and celebrated life, under the Cieba tree, so many moments while we were there. We both HUGGED that Tree, as it is a Mayan tradition to do so, and well, we just WANTED to, it truly significant effect on this place and all the fortunate people who get to visit this place.. THIS would be the ultimate location to have a wedding. It is utterly perfect for a union, they have this beautiful old chapel, with the walls graced with cherubs, and loads of fresh green moss..what a romantic, blissful vision, so much beauty, and also an archaeologists and architects dream. On a different note, coming TO the Hacienda, can be somewhat tricky, especially if you are driving. If self driving, be sure to follow the directions EXACTLY as written on their web site, starting from Campeche airport, and you will have no issues. There was a bit of road renovation, which some might find a bit confusing, but once you make the turn off, it is a straight shot to their magical driveway.

Room Tip: For romance, seclusion, privacy, luxury spaciousness, get number 12, in the Old Hospital building. T...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Corinne I
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We decided to go down to Mexico to get married and searched for a place that could help us take care of everything, along with a small party. We booked here and the entire experience was fantastic. The hotel took care of almost everything and everyone was incredibly helpful and accommodating. From the first step onto the property we were really transported into another time. The buildings and ground are just fantastic. We stayed in the old hospital which was very well done. We got married in the chapel, and even though it rained (yes, a ceremony in the rain), it was all fine. We were actually married by a shaman, who was from the hotel chain (SPG) and he was great.

The restaurant was great, great food, great service (definitely get the breakfast included as it is quite good). Also, the pool area is great, part of an old building.

Overall we had a great time, great wedding, and everything went very smoothly.

Everyone was great, the shaman, the spa staff, the restaurant staff, and the rest of the staff, especially the manager.

I highly recommend it!!!

Room Tip: There are two rooms in the hospital building that are both quite nice, and I think maybe a bit bigge...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I just returned from two nights at the Hacienda Uayamon with my husband and adult daughter. It will be a memory that lasts a lifetime. The location is unique and beautiful. Having breakfast looking out over the entryway led to repeated exclamations along the lines of "I can't believe I am here!". I don't usually judge a hotel by its pool but hanging out by this pool was a special experience I don't expect to be able to repeat. Each room is not really a room but a separate building, a sort of casita. And the amenities are slightly different. In addition to being huge, ours had an outdoor area with a shaded bed for lounging about.

It rained one night we were there and watching the rain from our huge open windows was a treat.

The staff attention is very personalized in that they know you and you get to know them. I'm not sure what another reviewer expected for "turndown service" but housekeeping met every request, sometimes before we could even walk back to our rooms from the restaurant.

Other reviews give great insight into the wonder of this jungle paradise. I would agree with some reviewers that the menu at the restaurant is high quality but limited and the price would constitute a splurge meal. However, the staff is very accommodating so ordering off menu is not a problem if they have the necessary ingredients.

Although we had driven to the hotel we did not want to drive at night so one night we asked the staff to arrange a taxi to Campeche. It was well worth the $350 pesos (about $28USD) each way to not have to deal with Campeche traffic in the dark.

It is an inescapable fact that the jungle has bugs, so there is repellant in every room. I suggest using it.

I hope to go back sometime during this lifetime, but we also had lunch at the Hacienda Santa Rosa so it whetted my appetite to check out some of the other haciendas in the collection before I have a repeat stay at Uayamon.

Room Tip: There are only 12 rooms, so I expect all of them are excellent but each has slightly different ameni...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family