See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2016 via mobile

El Navegante is a nice hotel that even offers breakfast service, not so common in this area of Mexico.
The room was a little dark but fresh and clean with a spacious bathroom, too.
Despite a problem we had during our last night with some ants in the bathroom our stay went smoothly.
The staff, too, was welcoming and gave us many tips to enjoy the city (that was celebrating a festival that month).
They have Wi-Fi in the rooms and offer free parking.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank MattDecanter
Reviewed April 9, 2015

the hotel is small but has some good qualities
its in the center and they have a parking
The rooms are clean but relative poor.
the staff is not very friendly
its not a hotel where you have to stay. I'm sure that there are better hotels in Campeche he for the same price

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank johanBrugge
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here for one night. I had researched hotels in Campeche pretty extensively since they were all marked up in centro. This one wasn't. I've discovered why! It's horrible. I am not very particular, in truth, and consider myself a nice person who has low-key taste when it comes to the world. But if it had not been for only a night, and we had not arrived fairly late, and if centro Campeche wasn't so difficult to navigate with massive roadwork ongoing, I would have thrown my hands up, said, "Never mind!" and stayed elsewhere.

Let me just say that there were someone else's wet wash rags still in the mildewed bathroom and that the room looked as though it were coated with enough grime that it hadn't been cleaned in -- guestimating -- at least a month? The room did not look anything like the photos on the websites I'd looked at and was dingy, with a low ceiling and ratty furniture. It did have free parking and was well very located if you want to see, well, there's not much to see in Campeche centro since everything appeared to be closed by 8 pm (really early by Mexican standards). The free continental breakfast literally consisted of coffee, white toast, and strawberry jam packages. We ate at a nearby Cocina Economica instead, which was delicious.

The staff was initially standoffish, but one girl at the front desk was very friendly. To her, I say thank you, and please, get a job elsewhere. To those considering this hotel, I say the cliched, "Caveat Emptor." The reality is that downtown Campeche is inexplicably high-priced and, were I to return, I would probably stay in Champoton, which while rundown, at least has some charm and life to it. Campeche felt like a tomb it was so dead, and this hotel was no exception to that vibe.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Location was great--right in the historic center.

Sidenote:
We were surprised to find EVERY attraction in Campeche closed for renovation. I appreciate when governments update their historic centers and all, but was it really necessary to close EVERY baluarte and museum all at once? Seemed a tad silly.

Hotel was lacking in service and the breakfast was comical. So many hotels in Mexico with so much potential. El Navegante could be great if the owners would properly maintain it.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank VisitHonduras
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I spent 4 nights in campeche and i do regret the choice i made for the hotel. There is many beautiful places to stay at, but El Navegante is not one of them.

Even though the rooms are alright, the place seems almost dead. Slowest service, i almost felt like i was disturbing the peace of the staff. Breakfast is continental alright but still a disappointment.

I cannot recommend this place at all

Date of stay: April 2014